Troy Aikman Said Dak is better than Romo on Live TV

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
To compare Dak's accuracy against Romo's is silly at best and downright absurd if continued at length. Just watch today's game and look at some of the completions (not the one to the other team of course). So the first quarter was pretty mundane except for the int and the fumble issue, oh and the horrible pass to Schultz that resulted in the FG instead of a TD. He made a really nice deep pass to CD early in the 2nd that I have to admit surprised me, I mean really shocked me. The TD to Cooper I thought was a tad underthrown only because, as I stated when it happened live, there was no help over the top and if tossed a little deeper, Coop doesn't have to slide to catch it. He had both of those defenders beat and beaten badly so ...... He made some very good passes too. Dropped a couple of dimes in fact. Overall though, he is not as accurate as TR was.
Yeah yeah yeah, but his "QBR is blah blah blah", whatever. Watch the games people, don't play fantasy football and then think you know something. Watch the players reach back to catch the ball, or alter their route or nearly stop. See how often a receiver could have broken a long run after catch but didn't because they had to wait on a ball or slightly change their gait. Oh, and no, it's not "ABD" so get over that stuff. I like the guy. I think Troy may be correct as far as Leadership goes. I've even said it myself. Dak is a leader. I've known a few, I've followed a few into some nasty places. I do believe I would follow him. I just don't think if the game was on the line late in the 4th qtr and I was in a tight window he could hit me with a pass in the end zone to win the game. I really wish he could though. I would LOVE it if he could.

Yeah, Romo never threw a bad pass. Give me a break.

Even Romo himself admits that in the offseason of his first few years that he had to continually throw the ball, because his accuracy was off.

I suspect that Dak would say the he also does the same. Even as good as he is, Dak's not a finished product and is still working on his craft.

Only a curmudgeon would complain incessantly after a thorough butt kicking of a division foe.

J-man

Reaction score
Loved Tony, but I hope Troy's right. We never won a ring with Tony so...

OldJarhead

Reaction score
He hit Lamb in stride and zipped one through a tight window to Coop. Seriously, shut up.
I said he threw a good pass to Lamb. I questioned the pass to Coop. Now, take your SJW self and YOU Shut the *** up!

Easyout66

Reaction score
Romo was smart, gutsy, improvised broken plays magnificently, but Dak has all of that too , the real separation between the two is Dak has a commanding leadership quality that didn't jump off the screen with Romo, I think Daks upside is Peyton Manning,... in all likelihood Peyton will have the better career but watching Dak you cannot say it's not a possibility, with Romo a P. Manning upside just wasn't there

Ring Leader

Reaction score
I'll never understand why there is so much Dak-Romo debate. I'm probably in the minority when I say I support both.

And to be clear, Dak didn't force Romo's exit. One may recall Romo's body was broken. He had the back injury that would have cost him over half the 2016 season even if Dallas gave him the starting job back. Also recall he broke his collarbone twice in 2015 and we have no idea how much longer that would have held up either.

You're not in the minority for supporting both Dak & Romo. I think a lot of us do. You just don't see us commenting in these idiotic threads that force posters to take one side or another. You only think you are in the minority because of all of the haters in here that make a lot more noise than you do. The haters are all or nothing with their candidate. Look at all of these threads that say; "Dak lovers are Romo haters" (or visa versa). They say that It's "one in the same". It isn't. These are the worst offenders because they can't even imaging that you don't or wouldn't hate either quarterback. It doesn't even register with them that you could like both. The haters that dig in the deepest are the ones that we should listen to the least.

Both of these players were/are amazing in their own unique way and neither of them were the reason the Cowboys didn't win the Super Bowl. They were/are both capable of taking a reasonably good team to the promised land. They can't admit how good Romo was or how good Dak is simultaneously. It's sad really and almost makes ashamed to be a Cowboy fan. Now back to your fighting kids.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Yeah, Romo never threw a bad pass. Give me a break.

Even Romo himself admits that in the offseason of his first few years that he had to continually throw the ball, because his accuracy was off.

I suspect that Dak would say the he also does the same. Even as good as he is, Dak's not a finished product and is still working on his craft.

Only a curmudgeon would complain incessantly after a thorough butt kicking of a division foe.

"A" bad pass. Do you not watch the games? I mean REALLY watch the games? From start to finish? Each and every play? You should try it sometime. Not just the stats on ESPN or the NFL Network or RedZone or whatever it is you are checking out.

As for me being a crusty, ill-tempered, old man........ GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I loved Romo, but Dak is the leader that Romo never did become.

Romo had “his guys”. Everyone respects and connects with Dak.

Dak is a leader of men, and he’s playing as efficiently as Romo ever did.
Totally agree but then he never had to play with TO.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tony’s prime lasted one season ‘2014’, and it took him over a decade to get there. Dak is just now entering his. Romo is not the leader Dak is, and when all is said and done #4’s accomplishments will dwarf Romos.
Hope so!

Easyout66

Reaction score
yes.

Aikman could not carry a team like Dak or Romo could
I was in my 20's during the big 3 era, bet I watched every game from '91 where the were just shy of the playoffs through the Barry Switzer stint, and it is hard to compare Aikman with Romo/Prescott..
Jimmy Johnson's team was a well oiled machine with a freakishly good offensive line, in the newer salary cap restricted NFL assembling a line that dominant will never happen, Aikman never was haunted by the footsteps of pass rush, he could stand strong in the pocket and run through his reads and deliver incredibly accurate passes, and when the pocket broke down he could improvise and find a receiver, how Aikman would have fared with a good offensive line but not historic, not sure but I would take him over Romo, Aikman over Dak? That one's a tougher decision

kramskoi

Reaction score
Romo was smart, gutsy, improvised broken plays magnificently, but Dak has all of that too , the real separation between the two is Dak has a commanding leadership quality that didn't jump off the screen with Romo, I think Daks upside is Peyton Manning,... in all likelihood Peyton will have the better career but watching Dak you cannot say it's not a possibility, with Romo a P. Manning upside just wasn't there
Whatever. The Peyton Manning comparisons are premature. Prescott has played behind better o-lines (compared to Romo) his entire career. It wasn't until the Cowboys decided to FINALLY upgrade it that Romo finally stopped running for his life. It was a line that probably should've been addressed after the 2007 season, but they didn't and it caught up to them big time at Minnesota in 2009. Even then, it was a further 4 years before they finally got a clue. By that time Romo had really taken a beating trying to save Garrett's behind in an end of the year elimination game with playoff/winning season implications. Romo was Garrett's job security for years. It's no surprise that 2014 saw Romo play his best ball...with a MUCH improved o-line and running game as a complement.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Romo was good enough to win a Super Bowl and had his career wasted by a lot of questionable ownership and coaching decisions. He had a little magic about him and was my favorite player his entire time here.

Having said that, I have as much or more confidence in Dak right now than I ever did in Romo.

Zordon

Reaction score
I loved Romo, but Dak is the leader that Romo never did become.

Romo had “his guys”. Everyone respects and connects with Dak.

Dak is a leader of men, and he’s playing as efficiently as Romo ever did.
Plain and simple.

waving monkey

Reaction score
One thing many commented on in Tony's day was he wasnt a leader. The first thing everyone says about Dak is he's the leader. Dak's the better quarterback

Easyout66

Reaction score
Whatever. The Peyton Manning comparisons are premature. Prescott has played behind better o-lines (compared to Romo) his entire career. It wasn't until the Cowboys decided to FINALLY upgrade it that Romo finally stopped running for his life. It was a line that probably should've been addressed after the 2007 season, but they didn't and it caught up to them big time at Minnesota in 2009. Even then, it was a further 4 years before they finally got a clue. By that time Romo had really taken a beating trying to save Garrett's behind in an end of the year elimination game with playoff/winning season implications. Romo was Garrett's job security for years. It's no surprise that 2014 saw Romo play his best ball...with a MUCH improved o-line and running game as a complement.
you can make all the excuses for Romo but like Parcels once said 'You are what you're record says you are'