Troy Aikman Show 1/18 Ticket - Agrees w keeping Mac, Strange vibe at game, Troy planned be NFC Champ

jwitten82

Reaction score
Not the first time. Remember last season McCarthy said they were anxious before the San Fran game. This isn’t new. And the fact it’s happened before and hasn’t been fixed or corrected is directly on coaching. Bring in a freaking therapist if you need to, to make sure these guys are loose come post season.
I think that also says a lot about the supposed leaders of this team

Zordon

Reaction score
Well, this is new.

This is the first time I can recall people openly acknowledging that the current players are collectively caving under the weight of three decades of failed expectations, and that it is directly affecting their play in games. Concerning....

The face of the org saying he's peeing his pants in anticipation of the game doesn't help. But this also means the head coach isn't setting the right tone for his team. It also means the QB is not as mentally strong as we have been led to believe. So many issues.

Appreciate the recap @VaqueroTD

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
It's 100% mental with Dak. He's not a bad football player, the lights are just too bright come playoff time. Maybe we need a relief QB? Like Dak pitches the regular season and the closer Rush or whoever pitches in the playoffs. Can't be any worse come. The result will be the same, might as well try someone else if at all possible.
Panic QB=bad QB no sugar coating by saying he is good one he is not.The panic issue can't be fix and not at this stage of his life.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
So the team is soft. I remember when the team used to go into someone else's house and take it from them thirty years ago. Now they're the Billy Madison squad:

a4e7d0b7-6fcc-4156-8eae-a86551892863_text.gif

jwitten82

Reaction score
Well, this is new.

This is the first time I can recall people openly acknowledging that the current players are collectively caving under the weight of three decades of failed expectations, and that it is directly affecting their play in games.

The face of the org saying he's peeing his pants in anticipation of the game doesn't help. But this also means the head coach isn't setting the right tone for his team. It also means the QB is not as mentally strong as we have been led to believe. So many issues. Concerning....

Appreciate the recap @VaqueroTD
McCarthy said last year I believe that they were a little anxious. And Remember how scared they looked when we played the 49ers at home in the divisional round? The 49ers came out loose, I remember a lot of people on this forum commenting that

Zordon

Reaction score
McCarthy said last year I believe that they were a little anxious. And Remember how scared they looked when we played the 49ers at home in the divisional round? The 49ers came out loose, I remember a lot of people on this forum commenting that
Too much nervous energy in this franchise top to bottom. It's going to take a special charismatic leader to ward it off. Probably someone kooky like Harbaugh. Or someone brash like Dan Campbell. Or young and relatable like DeMeco. How can this FO still think Big Mike is the man for the job after "anxious" ends to multiple seasons is beyond me. We are just wasting our time.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I heard the interview and thought it was excellent. Bet this thread doesn’t get a lot of support since Aikman believes Jerry made the best decision to give the team the best chance of winning near term.

The rebuild talk in this board is plain ridiculous and silly. Exiting your all pro QB after THREE 12-5 seasons isn’t the smart move either. It’s too hard to hit on a QB and that makes the risk too high.

Firing the coach would certainly be a bold move (it’s the only one Jerry probably considered) but there is a reason no coach with McCarthys record has ever been fired, even with a first round exit. Because you better know you can find someone better.

slick325

Reaction score
I bet the pressure for the Cowboys and that it was repeatedly said that this is the best chance they have had in nearly 25 years to get to a conference title led to that nervousness that Erin Andrew was discussing. Not only were the fans in the stadium nervous, the entire fanbase around the country was nervous. Did we truly trust this team?
Didn't help that the owner was threatening the HC's job and doubled down when asked multiple times. Then the same owner is quoted saying some weird stuff about being so nervous about the game that he was gonna pee himself.

Of course that will trickle down to the locker room. Jerry Jones is the culture of the Cowboys. He is the face. He is the voice. So if he gives off pensive vibes, the team and fans will see it. If he threatens the HC and doubles down on it, wouldn't a team that loves said coach now be tight before the home game?

Smh, Jerry just can't help himself. He needs to go back to what Troy mentioned he did during the Parcells years, no radio show, no media, no post-game nonsense outside of the locker room and the same applies to Stephen.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
so Troy said that dak is mentally week and will never get any better. I agree Troy, he's a mental midget that will always will choke.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
But I read it here he was a jag bus driver. Lol good post,
yep, the psycho dak lovers said Troy was just a bus driver. good gosh, how ignorant. These guys must be the lowest IQ tards in the world.
Troy got better when the playoffs started, unlike the choker. sheesh.......

player love is real, but it's sad when these guys go player over team.

Brax

Reaction score
yep, the psycho dak lovers said Troy was just a bus driver. good gosh, how ignorant. These guys must be the lowest IQ tards in the world.
Troy got better when the playoffs started, unlike the choker. sheesh.......

player love is real, but it's sad when these guys go player over team.
Amazing how Dak wilts and is great but Troy thrives at PO time is garbage. Can’t make this stuff up.

stiletto

Reaction score
Panic QB=bad QB no sugar coating by saying he is good one he is not.The panic issue can't be fix and not at this stage of his life.
It was mostly sarcasm. I didn't say he was great either, he can win in the regular season enough to get you to the playoffs, that's all he's good for IMO. No one on the planet will trust Dak going into the playoffs and if they do they are just idealogues at this point.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
It's 100% mental with Dak. He's not a bad football player, the lights are just too bright come playoff time. Maybe we need a relief QB? Like Dak pitches the regular season and the closer Rush or whoever pitches in the playoffs. Can't be any worse come. The result will be the same, might as well try someone else if at all possible.
First series cooper rush

TheHerd

Reaction score
The most concerning comment: "I thought Cowboys would learn after it backfired in SF, but they didn't."

This is why I have zero faith in anything changing with MM and Dak on board. They simply refuse to learn and change based on experience. There are so many examples from this year alone. McCarthy ran up the middle constantly all year. The clock management goes without saying. After the first drive against GB, it was CLEAR that the zone decision to mask the Gilmore limitations was a mistake. I know DQ is the defensive coordinator, but the buck always stops at the head coach. And if they hadn't prepared for the "what if" possibility of the zone not working, they should both be gone.

I don't have any answers, but I know that bringing back the same team and coach is not going to yield a different result.

ArtClink

Reaction score
The other thing I heard is Dallas was very predictable vs their own tendencies and it played right into the Packers hands. The former NFL-er (can't remember which video or player) said when he played (not for Jerry), they change up their tendencies throughout the season but esp in the playoffs. We've been hearing "We knew exactly what they were gonna do" (Ray Lewis when playing for Ravens) from defensive AND offensive players from opposing teams for decades. A lack of innovation, very predictable gameplan, and of course hit em in the mouth and they'll lay down and stay down.