Troy Aikman Show 1/18 Ticket - Agrees w keeping Mac, Strange vibe at game, Troy planned be NFC Champ

bandfan

Reaction score
Even if it wasn't in Dallas I have always wanted to see how Troy would do as a GM....

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The other thing I heard is Dallas was very predictable vs their own tendencies and it played right into the Packers hands. The former NFL-er (can't remember which video or player) said when he played (not for Jerry), they change up their tendencies throughout the season but esp in the playoffs. We've been hearing "We knew exactly what they were gonna do" (Ray Lewis when playing for Ravens) from defensive AND offensive players from opposing teams for decades. A lack of innovation, very predictable gameplan, and of course hit em in the mouth and they'll lay down and stay down.
don't forget our great qb stares down his receiver when the fear starts, but I blame the whole team for not making him take some prozac or something to calm his child-like nerves.

pansophy

Reaction score
One thing to say is that given that Aikman wanted to be there for Dak in the NFCCG, no matter how negative he sounds during a broadcast it’s because he wants us to win and isnt seeing what it takes on the field. He really is a Cowboy for life.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Very worried it's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. And the more they keep the band together the worse it will be. They're all just going to tense up at once and think "here we go again..."

They need some more Stephon Gillmores in free agency. Veterans that have seen it all, know what it's like to win the big games.
Yep, this team is soft and mentally weak. The more it happens it keeps getting in their heads.

I look back at the 70’s teams and they had a habit of pulling games out when they were down. It got to the point they expected to find a way to win and their opponent expected it.
Even into the early- mid 80s when the talent started dwindling, Dallas won a lot of games they probably shouldn’t have. Many called it the Cowboys mystique, but it was just thatthey always believed and inevitably someone made a play to win it.

Now and for much of the last 20 years it’s been the opposite. The Cowboys are just a mistake waiting to happen. It goes back to culture, enabling and coaching. And appears like it’s not changing anytime soon.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yep, this team is soft and mentally weak. The more it happens it keeps getting in their heads.

I look back at the 70’s teams and they had a habit of pulling games out when they were down. It got to the point they expected to find a way to win and their opponent expected it.
Even into the early- mid 80s when the talent started dwindling, Dallas won a lot of games they probably shouldn’t have. Many called it the Cowboys mystique, but it was just thatthey always believed and inevitably someone made a play to win it.

Now and for much of the last 20 years it’s been the opposite. The Cowboys are just a mistake waiting to happen. It goes back to culture, enabling and coaching. And appears like it’s not changing anytime soon. Jerry circus never ends.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
  • Across the board, it seemed like there was a body language that they didn't realize it was a Playoff game. Only players can speak to it. Erin Andrews texted me right before game and told me atmosphere here is really strange. Enthusiastic crowd, but energy in building was nervousness. Way the players reacted, I thought maybe there was truth to that.
More evidence that the scene in Dallas is too big for anyone to handle. There's just too much pressure.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
  • Very weird how Erin Andrews also mentioned the energy block with the fans at game. It's like all of us are so on edge now and expect something, that it has changed it for the team. And yes, I think Jerry has done it to himself with his marketing. Most valuable Pro Sports team every year, and wants it to have a record to match, but it keeps getting worse and worse. I remember Aikman's last years, and Jerry would always hype the team up to be SB ready even though it was obvious we didn't have jack squat on the roster.
Actually, I think Erin Andrews said the crowd WAS enthusiastic, but energy in the building was weird, nervous. I think she was talking about only the players and staff in the facility being nervous. But I only went by your original bullets. That’s what that sounded like. My apology if the actual quotes from Aikman indicated otherwise.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Actually, I think Erin Andrews said the crowd WAS enthusiastic, but energy in the building was weird, nervous. I think she was talking about only the players and staff in the facility being nervous. But I only went by your original bullets. That’s what that sounded like. My apology if the actual quotes from Aikman indicated otherwise.
You are right on going with original bulletin points for translation of what he said. My second post was my own opinion.

Two things that were most intriguing on interview, and could tell they were interesting to Aikman too - Energy of stadium and players, and the Dak/CeeDee talking.

He already knows the team chokes in Playoffs LOL.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
It's 100% mental with Dak. He's not a bad football player, the lights are just too bright come playoff time. Maybe we need a relief QB? Like Dak pitches the regular season and the closer Rush or whoever pitches in the playoffs. Can't be any worse come. The result will be the same, might as well try someone else if at all possible.
Well, optimally you have a QB that starts the game hot. However, since we're likely going to have Dak, you have to have a defense that can hold until he settles down.