Recap: Troy Aikman Show 11/16 - This Team vs Romo Teams, Mike McCarthy analysis, Take on Rams status

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It has been years and years and more years since I've seen the special teams block a punt.

Two so far...or was it three?

We had three blocked punts this season. We had one against the Chargers but it got called back for roughing the punter.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
We had three blocked punts this season. We had one against the Chargers but it got called back for roughing the punter.

Defense, special teams are helping tons. That will be how the Cowboys beat the Chiefs. Plus it seem that this team is playing really fast...minus that other game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You named 1 play. The Crayton drop. That's it. You forgot the throws that Romo missed, including the INT to end the game.
I didn't even mention the earlier Crayton drop….or the other drops.

I only mentioned the next to last play of the game…..the play before the 4th down, no time left, “hail mary” no choice throw in the endzone int.
The play before that….where Crayton broke his route and the perfectly thrown TD pass fell harmlessly in the endzone.
The game ends there if he runs threw it, and there is no int. Even the announcers said so.

But whatever….
We underperformed and lost

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I didn't even mention the earlier Crayton drop….or the other drops.

I only mentioned the next to last play of the game…..the play before the 4th down, no time left, “hail mary” no choice throw in the endzone int.
The play before that….where Crayton broke his route and the perfectly thrown TD pass fell harmlessly in the endzone.
The game ends there if he runs threw it, and there is no int. Even the announcers said so.

But whatever….
We underperformed and lost

Man dont get intothe Romo/Dak convo..lets be honest, there are some crazy posters here that need to down Romo for Dak..but to be honest its becaue there are some crazy posters trying to say Dak sucks because of Romo. Its all ridiculous ...they both are good and we should all hope Dak can do something JG never let Romo do...thats the real villian.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I refuse to judge any QB that was coached by Jason Garrett.

He held back talented ones here, and is in the middle of ruining a marginally talented one as we speak.

Suppose it isn't his fault that people still continue to hire him and his dated everything, but he does sell a mean line of BS, and no one bought it harder than Jerry, and no one paid the price more than us fans.

Dak Prescott without Garrett and without a broken ankle and the worst defense in team history looks pretty good to me!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I refuse to judge any QB that was coached by Jason Garrett.

He held back talented ones here, and is in the middle of ruining a marginally talented one as we speak.

Suppose it isn't his fault that people still continue to hire him and his dated everything, but he does sell a mean line of BS, and no one bought it harder than Jerry, and no one paid the price more than us fans.

Dak Prescott without Garrett and without a broken ankle and the worst defense in team history looks pretty good to me!

Exactly!!!

kramskoi

Reaction score
Take a look at Romo's playoff stats from his early years. He didn't do so well. Clearly, it was not the Defense that came up short in those games. It was the Offense.
Really? You need to go back and look at that series right before half-time in the 2007 Divisional game vs. the Giants. The Dallas offense marches on a 20 play, 10 min+ scoring drive to go up 14 - 7...and then the "fresh as daises" defense proceeds to give up a frigging TD with just 47 seconds left before halftime. There was still enough time left on the clock for Dallas to receive the kickoff and run a play. That's how fast the Giants scored.

In 2009...the offensive line was thoroughly decimated by injuries during the game (at Minnesota). Romo (and the offense) got pounded as a result.

In the 2014 divisional game at Green Bay, Romo had a higher passer rating (143.6) than Rodgers (125.4). The (BS) call on the Bryant catch prematurely decided the game.

These are the three playoff losses with Romo at the helm...besides 2006.

slomoxn

Reaction score
I have no problems with Romo, he screwed up a field goal as starting QB. Shouldn’t have been there anyways, put his heart and body on the line while Jerry managed to waste the careers of HOF players not giving him an Oline until it was too late. Coaching and bad management kept the, from reaching 6, Romo was NOT the problem. But that’s just me….

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally disagree. I guarantee Romo wanted to win just as bad as anyone. Your description of his persona is just a cheap shot.
That's not fair. Clearly he can watch somebody, on his television, standing in the huddle with a helmet on, and understand exactly what's going on inside their minds and the nature of their relationship with every other player in that huddle. That's a rare ability...except that half the people on this board seem to have it.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We didn't actually block that one, just nailed the punter.

Nav22

Reaction score
Couldn’t believe a Cowboys fan could dislike Tony Romo.

Can’t believe a Cowboys fan could dislike Dak Prescott.

I love ‘em both.
:starspin:

stinkface

Reaction score
Romo was a very good QB. Was he the leader DAK is? Don't think so. I still think Romo had better arm talent then DAK, but best arm talent doesn't always win you games. Look at Jeff George. Had amazing arm talent, as does Stafford. What's between the ears counts for a lot. Montana didn't have great arm talent. Had good arm talent and an amazing brain and was one helluva leader. Be interesting to see where we are at the end of the year. I think we have a shot of being very very good as long as we stay healthy and don't eat the cheese.