Troy Aikman: Yards are not what we should be looking at

blueblood70

Reaction score
Today on The Ticket.

"NFL is now like the NBA. It doesn't matter what you do all game, it comes down to the last 5 minutes."

"400 yards is offense is not a a big deal anymore. Throwing for 400 yards isn't that hard to do."

True.

Mos every team comes back from big deficits. Used to be rare in Troy's day.

He added that CBA negotiations these days bring the owners more money and players less practice time, and it shows.

Wasn't criticizing Dak or quarterbacks in general, but was inferring that the league as a whole had changedichanged and is less disciplined.

there are only 4 teams ahead of us with MORE total TDs we are top 5 in scoring ie total points issue is defense but those mistakes on offense led to points for the other offense so its skewed..

so yes while Troys correct in his statement but our losses were so close it comes down to Mistakes Penalties and TIOs have cost us a better start. Period..

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Mahomes isn't great?

Theres one QB in todays game thats truely great and thats Brady. He played in the era where def were allowed to play defense. Brees was ok but nothing special in that era.

Great QBs today would be like a Bernie Kosar back then. These QBs have less fear of being hit and having a pass intercepted because of the rules.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Today on The Ticket.

"NFL is now like the NBA. It doesn't matter what you do all game, it comes down to the last 5 minutes."

"400 yards is offense is not a a big deal anymore. Throwing for 400 yards isn't that hard to do."

True.

Mos every team comes back from big deficits. Used to be rare in Troy's day.

He added that CBA negotiations these days bring the owners more money and players less practice time, and it shows.

Wasn't criticizing Dak or quarterbacks in general, but was inferring that the league as a whole had changedichanged and is less disciplined.
Dead on. Dak still middle of the Pack.

Swagger

Reaction score
Ksk (ex-MOD old Boys forum and would boot anyone if they didn't love Dak) is right why are you responding to me.
There are many members here who have and share my doubts about Lemon Dak.
HF.....as we are many now and the Kool-Aid you're serving isn't being consumed anymore!!!:hammer:
Lemon dak!
:laugh:
That's a good one.

Dak Tebow is my personal favourite.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Troy is correct that yards, completions and TDs are easier to come by in today's NFL that when he played.. but regardless of how the game evolves, when you are number one at it, you're doing pretty good. Dak was top 10 in the league in most meaningful passing categories last year and is doing much the same this year. Rather than judge him against "The good old days" I judge him against his contemporaries. He's kicking most of them in the *** so that's the way I look at.

Skillit

Reaction score
He is almost there. His body of work is impressive but to call him great, maybe if he repeats last year. He and Wilson are Head shoulders above the rest of the younger QBs in the league

Stop.

Unless Mahomes falls off a cliff- he’s in the class of ‘great’ right now. Name a better QB in the league right now. Russell? Ok- maybe. Now who?

Heck- if he simply takes the chiefs to the post season 7 or 8 more times, regardless the outcome, he’s still probably a first ballot HOFer.