Twitter: Troy and Jimmy Greatness!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unfortunately there really isn’t any real hope of anyone saving us from our dysfunctional ownership. At least not as long as Jethro is alive and well.

Motorola

Reaction score
Dont drink , but miss this era of the Cowboys..
IIRC -- at times during their professional relationship, everything wasn't always peachy keen between the HC & QB.
But they worked through their differences to help obtain the franchise to get three league championships.
Byproduct of their collaboration -- both guys are in the Pro Football HOF.

Warms my DC Fandom Heart that Jimmy and Troy can get together and have fun in the years way after the NFL coaching & playing careers -- they can reminisce about how they help resurrect- reinforce the Cowboys' status as an iconic NFL franchise.
But --equally as important -- both men can get together and enjoy each other's company.

khiladi

Reaction score
Ok let's start a debate about this photo. Which one of these guys would make the better GM for Dallas, and why?

My pick is Troy. Jimmy seems to get agitated easy and wouldn't last long. We need somebody that can stand up to the Joneses and put up with the Joneses.

Should have said....caption this photo.
:muttley:

Jimmy was always about churning the roster. He was known for his ability to motivate players and getting the most out of them, while he he let his coordinators work.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
While I firmly believe that Jimmy belongs in the RoH, Jerry has the right to not put him in. He was cornered. He shouldn't have backed down and said Jimmy would go in if he had no intention to actually put him in.

Technically he doesn’t, because the ROH is a Cowboys tradition that existed way before Jerry.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Technically he doesn’t, because the ROH is a Cowboys tradition that existed way before Jerry.
The fact Jerry didn't create the Ring of Honor doesn't mean he doesn't control who gets in and when.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
With old Jerrah owning the team, he calls the shots unfortunately, JJ may not get into the ROH till Jerrah leaves here and even then, he may have a clause drawn up saying not to indict JJ.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Ok let's start a debate about this photo. Which one of these guys would make the better GM for Dallas, and why?

My pick is Troy. Jimmy seems to get agitated easy and wouldn't last long. We need somebody that can stand up to the Joneses and put up with the Joneses.

Should have said....caption this photo.
:muttley:
Wasn't he a psuedo Gm in Miami when he retired from that dumpster fire.

Motorola

Reaction score
I have stated in previous threads that the Cowboys Ring of Honor bestowment should be voted on by a small committee - 7 to 10 people - consisting of past and present members in sports media that have consistently/ exclusively covered the Dallas Cowboys during their careers.
Two people that should be part of that group are Bob Sturm and Charean Williams.

khiladi

Reaction score
I have stated in previous threads that the Cowboys Ring of Honor bestowment should be voted on by a small committee - 7 to 10 people - consisting of past and present members in sports media that have consistently/ exclusively covered the Dallas Cowboys during their careers.
Two people that should be part of that group are Bob Sturm and Charean Williams.

I’m not sure about Sturm, since he seems to be a relative newbie, but your idea about a committee is really good.