Twitter: Troy at Deion’s Coaching Debut

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Such a silly take.

Deion has the charisma to do anything he wants to do. He could’ve stayed in television, he could’ve tried to act...heck if he really wanted to coach, I’m sure he has the contacts to get a coordinator position

He is still getting a ton of money but this is probably his smallest payday since his rookie season. I feel Deion is doing this because he wants to do it...nothing else.

That was my point actually, so we agree. When Deion took the job, threads were littered with that assumption about him. Even this thread, many fans can't post on the topic without talking about how much they don't like Deion.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just do not get what you are arguing.

The claim you can choose what team you want to “enter” the hall in is false. A player donating a helmet does not mean they are choosing what team to claim for the hall of fame.

It’s possible Deion does consider himself a Falcon at heart and he wanted to be remembered as a Falcon so he donated his helmet for that reason but the HOF doesn’t see him as more of a Falcon than a Cowboy.

Maybe you should go argue with the HOF. Even they list players by franchise. Player do not have to choose but most all do choose to represent one team.

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/franchises/

https://www.espn.com/blog/los-angel...ell-go-into-hall-of-fame-as-san-diego-charger

robjay04

Reaction score
Maybe you should go argue with the HOF. Even they list players by franchise. Player do not have to choose but most all do choose to represent one team.

https://www.espn.com/blog/los-angel...ell-go-into-hall-of-fame-as-san-diego-charger

Did you just prove my point correct while trying to prove me wrong?

On the list that you provided, Deion Sanders is listed as a Falcon and a Cowboy. As I said, no difference in the eyes of the hall of fame.

Also the Tomlinson article isn’t even relevant to this argument.

robjay04

Reaction score

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?
Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/becoming-a-hall-of-famer-faqs/

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?
Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/becoming-a-hall-of-famer-faqs/

They are not asked. But they do choose to represent a team. Even TO who didn't even attend his HOF induction chose to be remembered as a SF 49er in Canton. Dieon Sanders chose the Falcons.

robjay04

Reaction score
They are not asked. But they do choose to represent a team. Even TO who didn't even attend his HOF induction chose to be remembered as a SF 49er in Canton. Dieon Sanders chose the Falcons.

I see you are not the type of person that will admit when you are wrong even if it is right in front of you.

Cmac

Reaction score
BTW, I gave that ball to one of my players. He liked Deion and I didn't disrespect him. Still can't stand him.
That must have been a miserable lunch....for you to eat with him. Who paid for lunch?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That must have been a miserable lunch....for you to eat with him. Who paid for lunch?
My friend set it up and paid for it. He used to bring down many old Cowboys for appearances. I wasn't there long. Honestly, I shouldn't have even gone. Deion was down here for a HS game.

bigE79

Reaction score
I miss Troy,best Qb since Rodger and it's not even close.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see you are not the type of person that will admit when you are wrong even if it is right in front of you.

I think you are the type of person who annoys people and has poor comprehension skills. Welcome to my ignore list.

KB1122

Reaction score
It's funny that so many Cowboys Zone posters think Deion was a hired gun and a lousy teammate who never went into the huddle and not essential to the Cowboys when basically none of his teammates seem to think that, even 25 years later.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
It's funny that so many Cowboys Zone posters think Deion was a hired gun and a lousy teammate who never went into the huddle and not essential to the Cowboys when basically none of his teammates seem to think that, even 25 years later.
Those fans just don't like Deion because he's loud, cocky, and in your face. That way they can make up things about him like he's selfish, or call him a hired gun. Deion was smart enough to create a very marketable persona and build a brand that allows him to continue to cash in on his image and likeness when he was done with the game or the game was done with him. Fans want players to be robots for their entertainment.

By the stories that are out there, Charles Haley was much closer to a hired gun and "bad teammate" than Deion ever was. But he's not flashy and cocky, so he must be a good guy and real Cowboy.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Yeah, when the words come straight from the Hall of Fame's website you would think he would throw in the towel.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I know 2 people that are in the college recruiting world and they both say that 4 and 5 star talent is already gravitating to Jackson State.

They want to be around someone as successful as he was. He will be pro player and will provide an exciting style of football, you can guarantee that.

Motorola

Reaction score
I love prime. Had his jerseys and everything.

my only knock is he played for Atlanta and SF (I don’t count Washington and Baltimore), so he doesn’t seem to be a true cowboy more of a hired assassin. Still. Love 21
As a Cowboys fan who has lived my entire adult life (so far) in metro Atlanta, Deion Sanders is definitely top 5 as a Falcons all-time great despite only playing his first five seasons here.
Early legends - LB Tommy Nobis, DE Claude Humphrey, QB Steve Bartkoswki, C Jeff Van Note, OL Mike Kenn - had much longer and established Falcons careers...but many fans who adored those players have passed on - so it is left to the Falcons faithful \ fanatics and local sports along with NFL archives to keep their production and contributions to the franchise relevant.
Alfred Jenkins was the first great WR, although he will he will be regulated to 3rd place behind Julio Jones and Roddy White. Stalwarts RB William Andrews and LB Jessie Tuggle are ironclad locks in the top ten.
If you polled a hundred to a thousand present day Falcons fans, the top 4 would be Vick, Matty Ice, Julio, and Prime Time ( the order is subjective).
Mea culpa for the history lesson...but it sort of dovetails to that they are at a similar state with the Cowboys - new HC (add GM for them), terrible defense, murky QB future.