Video: Troy mans up and shows he has the juevos to admit he was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I was a fan of Romo and Dez and Ware

Now I am a fan of Dak and Zeke and Cooper

Along with Jaylon and LVE and Tank

What makes me a hero worshiper? What is to far in your mind?

It’s not a one size fits all issue.

Fan of Dak ≠ hero worshipper

I think anyone on this board with an objective bone in their body knows exactly the type of fanatic I’m talking about in regards to Dak.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Fan of Dak ≠ hero worshipper

I think anyone on this board with an objective bone in their body knows exactly the type of fanatic I’m talking about in regards to Dak.

Well I have defended him many times on this forum ....... Have always thought he was a top 15 Qb in the league and a born winner.

He has been playing like a top 5 this year so far ........ I don't think anyone with an objective bone in their body could argue against that.

Will it continue ? I guess we will see ......... I think it will because I believe that hard work pays off and from all evidence he works as hard as anyone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak always had great accuracy ...... His footwork is what was sometimes not good and made his passes sometimes lag ...

He has worked on that and a myriad of other things this off-season and Troy is praising him.

Do not know why this is triggering both sides so much.
Great accuracy? I don't know if even the most vehement of Dak fans would agree with that. If that were true, he wouldn't need to work on his footwork and mechanics.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Great accuracy? I don't know if even the most vehement of Dak fans would agree with that. If that were true, he wouldn't need to work on his footwork and mechanics.

He always had nice touch with his passes ..... That's what I consider accuracy ...... Him getting his footwork right allows him to use that touch in long passes more efficiently.

His footwork was sloppy in years past especially when he had to move around in the pocket.

At least that my opinion.

And his new throwing mechanics (which a few ex QBs have pointed out) is allowing him to put more velocity on his throws ...... Which keeps them from sinking.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He always had nice touch with his passes ..... That's what I consider accuracy ...... Him getting his footwork right allows him to use that touch in long passes more efficiently.

His footwork was sloppy in years past especially when he had to move around in the pocket.

At least that my opinion.

And his new throwing mechanics (which a few ex QBs have pointed out) is allowing him to put more velocity on his throws ...... Which keeps them from sinking.
I thought touch was one of the things he was missing, which is why his receivers often had to speed up or slow down considerably on downfield throws.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I thought touch was one of the things he was missing, which is why his receivers often had to speed up or slow down considerably on downfield throws.

I don't think so ..... I think that came from him throwing of his back foot ...... He did that alot his first few years

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What I see with Dak is more shoulder rotation on passes, less of an over the top delivery on certain throws and more of a compact delivery. He's throwing more of natural 3/4 delivery then straight over the top and that's helping him with his touch passes and his accuracy. Over the top kinda limits you. Not as much flexibility to throw or change your platform. You have to use the same mechanics or the throw ends up in the dirt or sailing on you. It's very precise but it's also what a lot of coaches taught young QBs for a long time. I think Dak has finally gotten with a staff who actually understands how and why you throw with certain throwing motions and how that actually works with stride, footwork, body rotation and the overarching idea of shorting up your delivery and why that's important. There is, of course, a lot more to it then this and coaches who know much more then I, have much more time and experience with this stuff, understand how to teach it and apply it. Dak, IMO, is working with those types of coaches now.

To tell the truth, I'm shocked that it has taken three full season to get him with these guys.

IDK, JMO.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He struggled like all young quarterbacks do. Goff and Wentz have struggled but don’t come under the same scrutiny.

Are you on their message boards? Are you watching the same number of Ram and Eagles games as you do Cowboys games, and with the same level of interest?

That’s the problem. You hear criticism and just presume it’s not the same for others based off nothing but indignation and assumptions.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Are you on their message boards? Are you watching the same number of Ram and Eagles games as you do Cowboys games, and with the same level of interest?

That’s the problem. You hear criticism and just presume it’s not the same for others based off nothing but indignation and assumptions.

I'll say this, the Eagles fans are not on the Wentz bandwagon. The media is but the fan base, I would not say that they are not head over heels with Wentz, at this point.

JMO

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
What I see with Dak is more shoulder rotation on passes, less of an over the top delivery on certain throws and more of a compact delivery. He's throwing more of natural 3/4 delivery then straight over the top and that's helping him with his touch passes and his accuracy. Over the top kinda limits you. Not as much flexibility to throw or change your platform. You have to use the same mechanics or the throw ends up in the dirt or sailing on you. It's very precise but it's also what a lot of coaches taught young QBs for a long time. I think Dak has finally gotten with a staff who actually understands how and why you throw with certain throwing motions and how that actually works with stride, footwork, body rotation and the overarching idea of shorting up your delivery and why that's important. There is, of course, a lot more to it then this and coaches who know much more then I, have much more time and experience with this stuff, understand how to teach it and apply it. Dak, IMO, is working with those types of coaches now.

To tell the truth, I'm shocked that it has taken three full season to get him with these guys.

IDK, JMO.

Totally agree ..... Dak always had talent ...... And now he has a staff helping him reach his potential.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Of course ......they all work together.

But Dak improved his footwork and throwing motion this off-season and the proof is in the pudding so they say.

The trick will be if he can keep this all in play when he faces defenses that force him to play a game that is not by the numbers, so to speak. That's really the thing to me. I mean, I do think Dak has made a huge amount of progress since he's entered the league. The key will be can he continue to apply these things when plays break down? It takes a great deal of muscle memory to do this kind of stuff without ever thinking about it and sometimes, QBs never get there. This is why you see certain QBs play well in regular season or what have you but when the pressure is on, they can't sustain it. They say that they aren't pressure players but I think it actually has more to do with the breakdown of their mechanics. That's just my opinion. We have been fortunate enough to have faced three poor teams to start the season. As it gets tougher, the question will become, can he hold to what he's learned. This is why some fans are resistant to shelling out a record deal for Dak early. It's really not a matter of not liking him, in my case. I do like Dak and I very much want him to be successful but these kinds of changes to the way he throws the ball are subject to change and if he falls back into bad habits, that won't work. Gotta see it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The trick will be if he can keep this all in play when he faces defenses that force him to play a game that is not by the numbers, so to speak. That's really the thing to me. I mean, I do think Dak has made a huge amount of progress since he's entered the league. The key will be can he continue to apply these things when plays break down? It takes a great deal of muscle memory to do this kind of stuff without ever thinking about it and sometimes, QBs never get there. This is why you see certain QBs play well in regular season or what have you but when the pressure is on, they can't sustain it. They say that they aren't pressure players but I think it actually has more to do with the breakdown of their mechanics. That's just my opinion. We have been fortunate enough to have faced three poor teams to start the season. As it gets tougher, the question will become, can he hold to what he's learned. This is why some fans are resistant to shelling out a record deal for Dak early. It's really not a matter of not liking him, in my case. I do like Dak and I very much want him to be successful but these kinds of changes to the way he throws the ball are subject to change and if he falls back into bad habits, that won't work. Gotta see it.
That's one of the benefits of a more compact and quicker release. Pressure may still affect him, but I think less often, because the ball will be gone sooner. What's more, he'll know the ball will be coming out faster, so I think he's more likely to stay calm.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That's one of the benefits of a more compact and quicker release. Pressure may still affect him, but I think less often, because the ball will be gone sooner. What's more, he'll know the ball will be coming out faster, so I think he's more likely to stay calm.

When things break down, people have a natural unconscious desire to revert back to what is comfortable or natural to them. This is what Dak has to overcome. I mean, it's a natural thing so it's not even something that you can fault him for, assuming it happens. He may or may not be able to overcome it. Not everybody can. I feel like he will but you have to see it. You have to know that he is your guy.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.