Twitter: Troy Vincent: Hip-Drop tackle will be addressed in the offseason/Tush push will stay

FanofJerry

Reaction score
We seen a huge number of really bad roughing calls last season and not a single one reviewed. Reviewing a penalty is pretty rare
I want the game safe and the technique is abused by some. But an official determination of what is and isn’t a hip drop could be a mess
Yeah...Im not into the refs issue...its always going to be an issue with them...by design.

Im saying there should be no argument that players cant play football or refs(with use of technology) not be able to ref if the hip-drop rule implemented.

Im saying overwhelmingly there should be a rule in place even if making the call is hard at first. Over time...I think players will adapt and use the technique less and less.

No one wants their leg snapped if it can possibly be prevented.

Nothing directed at you personally...but Im not really interested in dancing around the issue with other posters, dealing with weak excuses and a bunch of wordsmithing to try and tell me the rule cant be implemented. By all means...tell me we will be playing flag football soon. Cool.

Make the penalty harsh enough that players dont use it. Offensive team gets 15 yards plus half distance to the goal or automatic ball on the opponents 20 yard line...which ever one gets you closer to the end zone. Something simple like that will cause the play to not be used as much. You could go further and suggest that if there is a significant injury from a horse collar or hip drop the other team gets ball and 3 points.

Players dont black out when tackling another player. To reinforce how quick guys are able to process...look at all the jabbing at the ball in split second time while tackling these defensive players do. You just cant sell me on these guys not being able to stop using the technique.