True story, but I don't know what it means.

utrunner07

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2364440 said:
Glad you asked!

He's a winner.
Loves the attack defense
Believes in driving, bulldozing down the field with the occasional mid-range passing game.
He's young and in the ascendency.
He's a disciplinarian, I hear.
Did I mention he's a winner?

Stoops'd be light years ahead of Wade at the Cowboy's helm.

Winner? What is his bowl game record? 4-5. Bob Stoops is good because he is a good recruiter and is fortunate enough to live just north of one of the largest hotbeds of high school football talent....and not everyone can go to UT.

You don't recruit in the NFL.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2364440 said:
Glad you asked!

He's a winner.
Loves the attack defense

Believes in driving, bulldozing down the field with the occasional mid-range passing game.
He's young and in the ascendency.
He's a disciplinarian, I hear.
Did I mention he's a winner?

Stoops'd be light years ahead of Wade at the Cowboy's helm.

:lmao:

Especially at loves the attack defense.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2364446 said:
Did I say he hadn't?

What part of my post did you disagree with? Do you think this means he's hiring Bob Stoops?

Right now I wouldn't be surprised. His boy genius has shown nothing since last December that didn't get figured out quickly. We have a very desperate owner/GM right now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
utrunner07;2364468 said:
Winner? What is his bowl game record? 4-5. Bob Stoops is good because he is a good recruiter and is fortunate enough to live just north of one of the largest hotbeds of high school football talent....and not everyone can go to UT.

This is the same guy that wouldn't get out of the 4-3 against Texas either.

Even when they were in 4 & 5 wide.

OU's entire philosiphy on Offense and Defense is "Out-Athlete" the other team.

When they can't do that they are not very good strategically.

Plus Stoops defenses have been getting shredded lately.

USC basically broke every National Championship record against Stoops defense.

He is OVER RATED.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
utrunner07;2364468 said:

:rolleyes:
Strange, but I don't recall mentioning his recruiting skills in terms of the NFL.

But to not respect college coaches because of his ability to recruit is . . . like we called it in the hills, . . . crazy ***.
So what are we to say of the successful coaches? "You were a good recruiter so your talents -- and wins -- are automatically diminished."?

Sure, you have the spurriers and carrolls who didn't make it amd retirm tp siccessful tenures.
And then there are the Jimma's who deserve a chance. Besides, few could be much worse than the Michelin Man.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CATCH17;2364481 said:

He is OVER RATED.
You are correct, Catch.

But hey, he's young, he's not fat, he doesn't have a country accent, and he talks tough at press conferences.

So maybe people would love him.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
CATCH17;2364481 said:

He is OVER RATED.
I think your talking about Mack Brown.

utrunner07

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2364498 said:
:rolleyes:
Strange, but I don't recall mentioning his recruiting skills in terms of the NFL.

Good one.

I said he has a good regular season record because he is a good recruiter and gets better talent than most of his opponents. So he is good (what you said) becuase he is a good recruiter (what I said and what everyone knows). I wanted to remind you that there is no recruiting in the NFL to remind you that his greatest strength, and perhaps only strength, will be pointless in the NFL.

BTW, just so you don't think I am biased here, one of the only reasons Mac Brown has the record he does is for the same reason, IMO.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
utrunner07;2364514 said:
I said he has a good regular season record because he is a good recruiter and gets better talent than most of his opponents. So he is good (what you said) becuase he is a good recruiter (what I said and what everyone knows). I wanted to remind you that there is no recruiting in the NFL to remind you that his greatest strength, and perhaps only strength, will be pointless in the NFL.

BTW, just so you don't think I am biased here, one of the only reasons Mac Brown has the record he does is for the same reason, IMO.

No, my brother. Git your own line of discussion on that. Not on my dime.
His ability to recruit has nothing to do with my belief that Stoops is a great college coach and his determination and disciplinarian styles will make him a good NFL coach.

To bring your biases onto the discussion should have no merit in assessing my assessment of Stoops. That is your baggage. (He said in righteous indignation)

Recruiting does not always translate into good coaching, ya know?

TEUFELI

Reaction score
utrunner07;2364414 said:
Please stop and consider what you have just posted.

I think my cat would be an upgrade over Phillips b/c he wouldn't foster a culture of soft, no-accountability, sweet sunshine. He would do nothing, and the players would revert hopefully to a style of tough man-style football that they have been used to since middle school....rt up till when the played for (his words) our "softie."