Trysten Hill film session

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Yea, I’m sure I did

And as far as cheerleading, let me remind you that I was the guy who went to LVEs pro day and told every whiner and doubter on this board that he was better than Rashan Evans and as good as Roquan Smith.

And then told this board before the pick that Hill would and should be the pick.

Other than run the draft challenge that you’ve never won, what exactly have you done to prove you know anything about the draft?

And serious question: wouldn’t you be a happier person being a fan of the Eagles and Wentz?

:popcorn:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I'm a UCF alumnus. I'm not an official cowboyszone scout, but I have watched every game, frequent the rivals site and the sentinel. He was far and away the most talented player on that line, but his playing time was reduced due to issues with the coaching staff. If Marinelli can coach him then he will be a favorite on this board for many years.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
What happened to Hill against little old Temple?

Didn't Temple go 8-4 last year (well, before they lost their bowl game)? Oh, because there isn't bad tape around for anyone drafted before him, right? Because Juan Thornhill didn't have tape that showed he missed tackles or ran bad tackling angles, etc......... Let me ask you this - are you a professional scout? Because, if your answer is no, please stop acting like you are. Again, I'll trust the words of guys that work FOR the NFL or have direct links to the NFL before I ever trust folks like you, Risen, Matt James, etc..........

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I'm a UCF alumnus. I'm not an official cowboyszone scout, but I have watched every game, frequent the rivals site and the sentinel. He was far and away the most talented player on that line, but his playing time was reduced due to issues with the coaching staff. If Marinelli can coach him then he will be a favorite on this board for many years.
Trysten Hill.......is that you?

I hope you pan out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Didn't Temple go 8-4 last year (well, before they lost their bowl game)? Oh, because there isn't bad tape around for anyone drafted before him, right? Because Juan Thornhill didn't have tape that showed he missed tackles or ran bad tackling angles, etc......... Let me ask you this - are you a professional scout? Because, if your answer is no, please stop acting like you are. Again, I'll trust the words of guys that work FOR the NFL or have direct links to the NFL before I ever trust folks like you, Risen, Matt James, etc..........

Professional scouts aren’t that great. If you follow the draft like enough you’ll see that they are just about the same as those of us who are draft junkies.

Anyone who has followed football their entire life can identify talent because all of the traits and measurable are well known. You just have to be able to identify it.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
His first step is so yee haw awesome that it amounted to 6 sacks in 33 games.

That may be a record. I don't have the stats in front of me.
DT's generally do not have a lot of sacks coming out of college.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
A whopping 6 whole sacks in 3 years of college ball.

He is coming off a career high of 3 last year. So there's that.

This is Rod Marinelli and it only makes me hate him more.
But but but he has Aaron Donald-like first step and it was the coaches fault he was a bad teammate, not his!

HungryLion

Reaction score

I believe you about the talent level.

However my concern is: if he really was the most talented guy on the line......... you have to be a real malcontent to get benched when you’re the most talented guy on a unit.

Typically being the most talented buys you some leeway with being a jerk.

His character concerns bother me. I understand college kids make mistakes. But man I can’t stand selfish players. So I hope he grows up

pupulehaole

Reaction score
Think a lot of people are missing this fact. New coaches came in and it seemed he clashed with them and lost a TON of playing time as the result... They played him all game in that Championship game though.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I like the tools. I don't like the production. However, if he had the kind of production he should have with his tools, we never would have had a shot at him.

Not saying that makes him a good pick, but simply that players considered to be great by teams don't make it to the bottom of the second round. They are all flawed in some way at that point. The question is whether his flaws are going to be more of a detriment than the flaws of safeties like Adderly, Thornhill and Rapp.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like the tools. I don't like the production. However, if he had the kind of production he should have with his tools, we never would have had a shot at him.

Not saying that makes him a good pick, but simply that players considered to be great by teams don't make it to the bottom of the second round. They are all flawed in some way at that point. The question is whether his flaws are going to be more of a detriment than the flaws of safeties like Adderly, Thornhill and Rapp.

That's a really good point

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
saw some good. saw some bad. he will need to be coachable.
2nd round picks are supposed to be starters, not coachable projects. This team has wasted so many 2nd round picks in the past 12+ years, it must be a record.

blueblood70

Reaction score
:hammer: