Trysten Hill is not a bust

Techsass

Reaction score
Funny thing is that I was told over and over that I was a fair mod. One unhappy poster and many many happy ones. Hmmmmmmm.....
You don't hide any of your opinions, but I don't think anybody would call you opinionated - in a negative way. What caught my attention & why you stood out was your old tag line. I'm cracking up again just thinking about it. Do you still see the same Dr?

kskboys

Reaction score
You don't hide any of your opinions, but I don't think anybody would call you opinionated - in a negative way. What caught my attention & why you stood out was your old tag line. I'm cracking up again just thinking about it. Do you still see the same Dr?
Oh, I forgot about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even remember what it was.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
in no way has there been enough time to make such an assertion that he is a bust. he's a rookie going against the best competition he's ever faced in his life. give it time.

Agree. I would imagine the step up to the NFL is a rude awakening for many of the college superstars. They are faced with better , stronger, more big game tested opponents than their previous experience where I would think they get a break one game to another

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly.
How often have we seen this. Fan X likes player Y the team selects player Z. Fan X says player Y is a bust we should have picked player Z. Then continues to compare players saying player Z is better though there is no evidence of hart, or even if player X is better, they still will not admit it.

I think quite a few on here would rather us miss the playoffs so they can be right instead of admitting they were wrong.
It sure does appear to be so.

I liked Khalen Saunders better than Hill. However, Hill is a good prospect, and now I'm rooting for him hard!!!!!

waldoputty

Reaction score
hopefully someone will breakdown Hill's plays for game 2 like X did for game 1...

waldoputty

Reaction score
It sure does appear to be so.

I liked Kahlen Saunders better than Hill. However, Hill is a good prospect, and now I'm rooting for him hard!!!!!

saunders had average sparq for nfl dt while hill was substantially above average.
of course, saunders had substantially above-average performance in college while hill was below average performance, though not horrible.

cowboys predictability chose the talent over the performance as marinelli thinks he can get hill to work hard. lets hope it is true. the game is likely not slowed down for him, his technique is lacking and his strength is not ideal. but those things should happen over time - question is how much time.

cern

Reaction score
Funny thing is that I was told over and over that I was a fair mod. One unhappy poster and many many happy ones. Hmmmmmmm.....
you were fair. and I believe trysten hill will be a star on this team. in pass rush situations, I can see hill, woods, Collins in the middle and tank and quinn on the outside. then lve and Jaylon as lbs and our best 4 corners. I think that's 11.

kskboys

Reaction score
saunders had average sparq for nfl dt while hill was substantially above average.
of course, saunders had substantially above-average performance in college while hill was below average performance, though not horrible.

cowboys predictability chose the talent over the performance as marinelli thinks he can get hill to work hard. lets hope it is true. the game is likely not slowed down for him, his technique is lacking and his strength is not ideal. but those things should happen over time - question is how much time.
Not sure about that. Hill has a better first step, although Saunders first step is also good. Aside from that, I think Saunders has more talent. He's more agile and more athletic. "Almost shocking raw athleticism, which showed up in his initial burst as well as lateral agility to dance down the LOS and split gaps."

I honestly can't figure out why we thought Hill was a better prospect.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
you were fair. and I believe trysten hill will be a star on this team. in pass rush situations, I can see hill, woods, Collins in the middle and tank and quinn on the outside. then lve and Jaylon as lbs and our best 4 corners. I think that's 11.
Considering your occupation... I’ll trust your math.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

That really was a hell of a play and it is a hint of what is to come with him.

He has all of the talent in the world, he’s just got to work on his technique. He’s in the right spot for that.

Also, Dallas isn’t really using stunts yet in the preseason. Those do a ton to free up guys in the regular season. With the kind of first step and explosion Hill has... he will be dangerous on those plays.

We’ve barely seen anything in two games of what he’ll be in game one. By the mid point of the season, he’ll be even better.