Trysten Hill Returns to Practice for the First Time in Over a Year

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there- if Hill can come back strong and be a solid contributor under Dan Quinn, the Cowboys have three young building blocks inside the d-line along with Odighizuwa and Gallimore. This bodes well for the future.
ok, at least admit you had to look up Odig's full spelling of his name

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
He played okay but if he doesn’t step his game up and stay healthy he won’t be back next year. This is year three and he has to show something. This coaching staff didn’t draft him.
Don’t be surprised if he does play okay and gets a minimal contract to comeback next year. Hill has not earned a big pay day, but at the end of the day, it always comes down to $$

Plankton

Reaction score
Here's the NFL's reaction:

nwo-scotthall.gif

Jarntt

Reaction score
Meh...Hill was horrible year one and not much better last year. Why do people keep pretending he was good last year. If he plays meaningful snaps we are in worse shape than I thought. My guess is he doesn’t make the game day roster and if he does it will be short term and he’ll be off the 53 before the end of the year unless a couple more injuries strike.

ESisback

Reaction score
The JAG Squad.

We're 5-1 with nothing decent but Osa at DT. That's the low hanging fruit to improve the team.

Urban and Watkins are decent veterans, not Pro Bowlers, and Bohanna’s a rookie. Decent rotation at DT.

SSoup

Reaction score
I'd be excited--or, at minimum, curious--to see any defensive player under Quinn. Just because I think he's good at connecting with guys and finding ways to make them useful. He can't turn chickenspit into chicken salad; he isn't a miracle worker. But he's good enough that I'll always be curious to see what he can manage to make happen with any given guy, no matter who the player is.

Hill floundered under Marinelli, but I think Hill looked improved under Nolan last year before his injury. For a guy to look better under Nolan, who I think is terrible, that intrigues me. Maybe he comes in and things click and Quinn turns him into a heck of a disrupting player who kicks our d-line rotation up a notch. I'm not being unrealistic and asking him to turn into Aaron Donald or some great starter. I literally just want him to be a very good cog in the rotation who comes in off the bench and is a handful for a couple plays at a time here and there.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I thought he looked much better during his second season prior to the injury.

Folks just have undue hate for the kid because the FO decided to take him and ignore the safety position again.

He was also the 58th pick but the first selection for the Cowboys that draft so folks treat him like he was 1st rounder.

I get it, but that’s not Hill’s fault. Blame it on the defensive coordinator hobbling around with the cankle on the Raiders sideline for that.

I’m rooting for the kid for no other reason than I hate the notion of a wasted 2nd rounder and the fact this defensive line needs to continue to add talent.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
ShareTweet

Cowboys defensive tackle Trysten Hill returned to practice on Wednesday for the first time since his ACL tear on October 11, 2020.

That’s right. Only a few plays after Dak Prescott’s brutal leg injury that’s become etched into the mind of every Cowboys fan, another starter went down with a season-ending injury — and he’s only just now coming back. Defensive tackle Trysten Hill returned to the practice field, and Head Coach Mike McCarthy is excited to see what he brings to the flourishing Cowboys defense.

https://insidethestar.com/trysten-h...z8Hx-QUHOtpwPviVNUl1jsABjlnpIX9d9R5KrnVSG8s0E
he may get traded for peanuts. he probably won't be here next year.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meh...Hill was horrible year one and not much better last year. Why do people keep pretending he was good last year. If he plays meaningful snaps we are in worse shape than I thought. My guess is he doesn’t make the game day roster and if he does it will be short term and he’ll be off the 53 before the end of the year unless a couple more injuries strike.

Wrong.

He was the best interior DL on the team in 2020 before the injury.

In 2019 (His Rookie Season):
- He played 3tech in the preseason and practiced all offseason at 3tech.
- In real games they played him at 1tech.
- We don't know how he would have played 3tech.
- We only know he didn't meet Marinelli's requirements at 3tech in practice.

All game all available with the NFL SeasonPass.
- Try reviewing what actually happens, not what emotional fans think happened.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Wrong.

He was the best interior DL on the team in 2020 before the injury.

In 2019 (His Rookie Season):
- He played 3tech in the preseason and practiced all offseason at 3tech.
- In real games they played him at 1tech.
- We don't know how he would have played 3tech.
- We only know he didn't meet Marinelli's requirements at 3tech in practice.

All game all available with the NFL SeasonPass.
- Try reviewing what actually happens, not what emotional fans think happened.
Wrong. He was not good at all last year. Stop with the constant know it all crap already.

I’m not a huge PFF guy but this is telling. Maybe you need to watch closer

With no real sponsors in the building now that Rod Marinelli is in Oakland, Hill’s future with the Cowboys is solely tied to how he plays on the field. While he did show some signs of growth in 2020, he still was graded out as the third worst interior defender in all off football by Pro Football Focus with a PFF grade of 33.8.”

Last edited: