RELEASED Trysten Hill waived

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Basham has to be added his window is about up. Washington still hasn't been activated for practice which would give him a 21 day window.
Your right, I had to go and double check on Washington, thought I had heard he had or was about to get activated, but nothing, still IRd.
Seems that his injury is taking longer than expected.

Carson

Reaction score
Your right, I had to go and double check on Washington, thought I had heard he had or was about to get activated, but nothing, still IRd.
Seems that his injury is taking longer than expected.
Apparently he is healthy .. it’s just mental.

14 weeks lol. Not sure why they didn’t just try to bring somebody else in

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Apparently he is healthy .. it’s just mental.

14 weeks lol. Not sure why they didn’t just try to bring somebody else in

I was hopeful for Washington and talked him up, but it's seeming now that the return on investment has been nada.
Hopefully he gets activated soon.
Not positive please correct me if wrong, but don't they have a four-week window to be promoted back to the active roster the week after they start practicing again.
If that doesn’t happen or the player suffers a setback, then he must be shut down for the remainder of the season?

Kingofholland

Reaction score

I figured someone would claim him. Cheap contract, 2nd round pick a few years ago, see what he has. He had a lot of the measurables you look for, but the drive and technique never clicked. Him and Taco were the Marinelli specials. All the measurable, but not a lot else.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Of course he got claimed. You know when you throw your busted big TV out on the curb for bulk day pickup, and your neighbor comes by to haul it off. He wants to check out what's wrong with it and does it work. He may just put it back out on the curb too, but everyone looking for a freebie. Best of luck, Mr. Hill....maybe you play better in red.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
My personal opinion is he lacks the playing strength to get off a block. Maybe some team with more of a gap shooting style defense will be a good fit for him.

It's not a playing strength issue IMO, it's always been a technique issue. It's not a desire issue, like some fans want to believe, it's a technique issue. Hill was praised coming out of college for his first-step explosiveness. On this level, it's hard to live on explosiveness alone because all of the OL are also the best there was on the college level. Hill doesn't play with good leverage. He doesn't keep his body square. He's gotten a little better at those things, but it still costs him more often than not.