RELEASED Trysten Hill waived

ondaedg

Reaction score
Yeah talk about seeing what you wanna see. I wonder sometimes what games people are watching. Hill took on the guard and pushed him back and was holding his ground until the double came. His occupying the tackle coming down is what left Barr free to fall on the ball once Tank punched it out. If that tackle is able to get out to Barr the Lions may have fallen on that thing in the end zone for a TD. I mean feel free to hate Hill all you want but if you're going to post examples of his poor play at least post something that shows it rather than something that shows him doing his job.

The tackle whiffed on DLaw and almost fell flat on his face and you call it a double team on Hill?. Lol!! I know you were a little butt hurt that the guy you been praising got waived so I’m gonna give you a chance to man up and look it over again and eat some crow. Otherwise I will just post the zoomed in closeup. You pick.

quickccc

Reaction score

Was there a plan for the Cowboys to bring him back to their practice squad ? Hmmmm ...

i was just listening to Jam Sessions with Jean Jacques Taylor, and he said he heard there was some rumblings in the locker room regarding Trysten.
Something that did not go over well with fellow teammates.

Both.JJT and Todd Archer -ESPN added that they don't think that 'alone' was THE reason but they made sure to mentioned it.

Carson

Reaction score
My personal opinion is he lacks the playing strength to get off a block. Maybe some team with more of a gap shooting style defense will be a good fit for him.
I believe they run a 3-4 there. Should be interesting to see

Ken

Reaction score
I believe they run a 3-4 there. Should be interesting to see
He *MAY* be a better 3-4 DE. I doubt it because he is allergic to making plays. You never know though.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The tackle whiffed on DLaw and almost fell flat on his face and you call it a double team on Hill?. Lol!! I know you were a little butt hurt that the guy you been praising got waived so I’m gonna give you a chance to man up and look it over again and eat some crow. Otherwise I will just post the zoomed in closeup. You pick.

Go ahead and post this alleged closeup.. The inside tackle (there was a third tackle in the game who lined up at TE that side) never looked at DLaw.. he came off the ball with inside leverage and laid his left shoulder into Hill's chest... You saying something is so doesn't make it a fact. What your alleged close up will also show is the guard doing a textbook take down of Hill ... but since Hill plays for the Cowboys.. no holding was called.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Go ahead and post this alleged closeup.. The inside tackle (there was a third tackle in the game who lined up at TE that side) never looked at DLaw.. he came off the ball with inside leverage and laid his left shoulder into Hill's chest... You saying something is so doesn't make it a fact. What your alleged close up will also show is the guard doing a textbook take down of Hill ... but since Hill plays for the Cowboys.. no holding was called.
Yea, I'm not sure what video you're watching, but if you're talking about number 70 of the Lions, he did look at Dlaw, and completely whiffed on the block, Dlaw fakes inside than goes outside. Number 70 never laid a hand on Hill, let alone a shoulder

ondaedg

Reaction score

Ronnie come on. DLaw made a great move and the tackle whiffed without even making contact with Hill. Phantom blocks aren’t blocks. Hill was taken down by the G because his arms are short which forces him to engage with completely straight arms. If you watch Trysten enough you’d see that he loses the leverage battle more often than not because of that. You were a coach and should know that.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Can't trust a DL who doesn't play with gloves in 2022

It WAS weird....his T rex arms looked even shorter without gloves. Best of luck to him I guess....he could always try out for the next Jurassic Park movie. Ya never know.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I found it more interesting to play Carlos Watkins vs Bears ... but yet Trysten Hill was made inactive game day vs Bears.

Was a plan to trade him instead of playing him vs Bears the reason for that ?
I really wonder if sumthin' with Hill was going on behind the scenes,.. in the locker room, where the club no longer wanted to deal with him.
Seem like he burned bridges over the seasons. I guess it never really got out.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yea, I'm not sure what video you're watching, but if you're talking about number 70 of the Lions, he did look at Dlaw, and completely whiffed on the block, Dlaw fakes inside than goes outside. Number 70 never laid a hand on Hill, let alone a shoulder
The G takes on Hill and turns him with little effort. 70 never touched anybody.