Trysten Hill

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I liked him when he first started being floated as a target but Broaddus and sons drafted him at 58 in their mock draft last night.

That I don't care for.

I like him as a 4th rounder and could be convinced to take him in the 3rd if the board fell horribly.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Dallas supposedly loves him. What are your thoughts on him possibly being a Cowboy
Classic small school boom or bust selection.

Evidently really impressed Rod Marinelli during the interview. Plays with a motor, but failed to dominate at a lower level of competition.

Late day 3 for me, that's where projects belong.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I liked him when he first started being floated as a target but Broaddus and sons drafted him at 58 in their mock draft last night.

That I don't care for.

I like him as a 4th rounder and could be convinced to take him in the 3rd if the board fell horribly.

My feelings exactly,i really didnt like the fact that he could not get along with his new coaching staff,i am ok at 90 but not at 58.

Mr_437

Reaction score

Evidently really impressed Rod Marinelli during the interview. Plays with a motor, but failed to dominate at a lower level of competition.

Don't take him Rod is standing on the table...haha. I like his game, but only at 90 or later. Hill fits the mold of a one penetrating 3Tech, just wonder about his awareness because he's in the backfield a lot just sometimes not flowing towards the play.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas supposedly loves him. What are your thoughts on him possibly being a Cowboy
My thoughts are the media are drastically over rating him.
From what I see he is very meh and I wouldn't use more than a 4th....or lower. ...

Bluefin

Reaction score
Don't take him Rod is standing on the table...haha. I like his game, but only at 90 or later. Hill fits the mold of a one penetrating 3Tech, just wonder about his awareness because he's in the backfield a lot just sometimes not flowing towards the play.
Bryan Broaddus thinks Trystan Hill is in serious contention at #58.

Dallas has not selected a player like this with an early pick since Will McClay was put in charge of coordinating the draft in 2014.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score

I wouldn't call UCF a small school per se. Same level that gave us Gallup and it seems like 1/4 of our team from Boise.

It seems like we dont like FCS or lower, but the G5, especially Mt. West and the American have done pretty well.

That being said, I would be nervous about Hill at 58. He is definitely a project and I would prefer more of a plug and play at that spot.

I would be very interested in knowing if the Hill love is a Rod thing or a McClay thing.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I like him in the 3rd....not at 58....and not at 58 over DE Jaylon Ferguson,La Tech.

at 90...Im all in.

cowboyec

Reaction score
big.
athletic.
active.
I watched a few Ucf games and always noticed him...big guy with talent.

just not in the 2nd Rd.

Bluefin

Reaction score
I wouldn't call UCF a small school per se. Same level that gave us Gallup and it seems like 1/4 of our team from Boise.

It seems like we dont like FCS or lower, but the G5, especially Mt. West and the American have done pretty well.

That being said, I would be nervous about Hill at 58. He is definitely a project and I would prefer more of a plug and play at that spot.

I would be very interested in knowing if the Hill love is a Rod thing or a McClay thing.
No, it isn't FCS, but it's still a small school program in the grand scheme of things that underwent a major uptick under the coaching of Scott Frost.

The best team they played last season was LSU in the bowl game and they lost. The rest of it was a lot of meh.

A future NFL defensive lineman in that setting should be reaping souls.

And my impression was the Hill love is definitely a Rod Marinelli thing.

Bluefin

Reaction score
If he is the pick at #58, oh no. No, no, no.
Hell no, hell no, hell no, hell no!

I can't wait until he retires.

His viewpoints on DL talent are outdated and frankly embarrassing at times.
'Nelli got pretty fiesty in January when some media started trying to push him towards retirement.

I'm ready for some new as well, but Kris Richard also now has a strong voice on that side of the ball.

And I don't like hearing about Kris' love for big corners, either.

Not finding Jourdan Lewis a regular role on passing downs last season was a mistake.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hell no, hell no, hell no, hell no!

'Nelli got pretty fiesty in January when some media started trying to push him towards retirement.

I'm ready for some new as well, but Kris Richard also now has a strong voice on that side of the ball.

And I don't like hearing about Kris' love for big corners, either.

Not finding Jourdan Lewis a regular role on passing downs last season was a mistake.
Their inate stubbornness on those matters Drives me nuts.
Get good players. Period. The treatment of jourdan. Lewis is a disgrace....