Trysten Hill's transfer to Nebraska was blocked

Knotamus

Reaction score
This is from the thread "Trystn Hill Character Issues"

“I came in with Coach Frost and those were my guys, and then this coaching staff came in and things were … well, things I can’t really say, but it was on my mind,” Hill said of transferring. “But I bleed black and gold and so I wanted to stay here. These are my brothers. The people on this football team watched me grow up and watched me become who I am, so there was no way I could have left them, no matter what the situation."

This kid sounds like a player most would die for to have on their team. Seems like the incoming coaches at Central Florida are the ones with ‘Character issues’.. imo

Side note: I heard on the Draft show that the coaches called Dallas before the draft bc they knew Dallas was interested in Hill.. all they called for was to request Dallas to call the college ‘UCF’ because they didn’t want to be known as Central Florida anymore. LOL, what?! After hearing how they treated Hill and their own players.. na.. whatever Central Florida!

waldoputty

Reaction score
This kid sounds like a player most would die for to have on their team. Seems like the incoming coaches are the ones with ‘Character issues’.. imo

his point was trysten twisted the facts about why he stayed.
the key here is what was he going to say to the press - oh i want to leave but they made me stay by blocking my scholarship???
talking about career suicide...

waldoputty

Reaction score
This kid sounds like a player most would die for to have on their team. Seems like the incoming coaches are the ones with ‘Character issues’.. imo

yes it is dirty deeds like this that should be exposed for all to view.
imagine how their recruitment would go if recruits know what they do to their 'student athletes'...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I disagree. People just outright hated the Jaylon pick and most didn't even think he'd even play again. I felt like he was written off until reports came out about the whole brace and all of that. Gregory........I guess he'd be close but everyone sort of wrote him off as a weed head and probably wouldn't play a down. Hill..........nothing leading up to the draft about him and as soon as we get him its all of these reports....its just all over the place.
I was pretty good with that
#54 J Smith pick ,upon checking into it some& realizing our Football DaD kinda' had the inside track on his % probabilities of recuperating & coming back to playing form,,,er,,,that& knowing/conditioned to the previous recent history of that 2nd rd. pick having been seemingly treated like a $2 lotto scratch-off ticket in the past,the #94 ?,,, man,,, the only time you huff bong hits thru a frickin' rubber gas mask is to get beyond bombs away blotto(which, actually kinda' won a certain level of admiration from me) & other than that whole determined definition of indefinitely apparently having not been fully defined as of yet in the front office?,,,#94 ,,,SHALL RETURN :thumbup:

*95?,,,
NO commento_O

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
There’s no doubt in my mind that Hill has gotten way more flak than anything he deserved for what went on last year.

He’s been painted as a lazy, malcontent and a problem child. Everyone has been killing a fly with a sledgehammer here.

The kid didn’t do a whole lot wrong. Dallas did more than their due diligence and I have zero concerns about him. As far as I’m concerned, Dallas got a first round talent in the second round.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
It’s all perspective...

If Dallas had a 1st Rd pick and drafted a Safety, WR, TE.. etc, drafting a dominate 3T to shore up the DL would have been lauded and Hill would have been given the benefit of the doubt.

Instead, Hill was our top pick (58th overall, I should add). Cowboys fans will pick him apart until he proves he’s a stud. :rolleyes:

Yep. Seems like a solid late 2nd round pick. People are mad we didn't draft any top 5 talent.

Qcard

Reaction score
I've never seen a more polarizing 2nd round draft pick in recent memory.
ummm I think Jaylon Smith was very polarizing??
Anyway, Hill's story seemed too fishy. If he plays above his drfat grade it'll clearly indicate Heupels staff were worng.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Very true. But you don't start your best player and it costs him millions. He should be pissed

sure, but it is about control, power and possibly forcing hill to stay another year.
they really hurt his draft value, and it could be partially to force him to stay.
there is no other reason when they were 12-0 and going to fiesta bowl, but did not play hill much.
coaches would be worrying about winning the bowl instead of control in the last critical game.
they could have had 2 consecutive undefeated years.
as it was, it was close, and if they played their best d player more, it could easily have made the difference.