Trysten Hill's transfer to Nebraska was blocked

dallasdave

Reaction score
dd - i am reposting this from another thread

trysten hill had a pressure rate of 11.6%. he was not listed in the table i found because he apparently did not have enough pass rush snaps to qualify. that puts him as #3 in pressure rate among drafted dts. note the top 3 were all drafted in the 1st round. williams #3, oliver #9, wilkins #13.
note that this does not take account of benefits from other players causing havoc in the defense. q williams had benefit of other top players in the alabama defense. wilkins had the benefit of other top players in the clemson defense. on the other hand, hill was the best player in his dl. in the same way, oliver would probably also have been the best player in his dl in houston.

Player
Pressure Rate
Quinnen Williams 17% (Alabama line)
Christian Wilkins 12% (Clemson line)
<------------------------------------- hill would be here at 11.6% if he had enough snaps
Ed Oliver 11% (Houston line)
Dexter Lawrence 10%
Isaiah Buggs 10%

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...n-dallas-and-should-see-the-field-immediately
Good stuff Putty :bow::bow::bow::bow:

Knotamus

Reaction score
But it’s not free for the colleges. Almost all schools lose money on athletics, and the cost is passed on to the other students. We agree that the system is corrupt. Have a good day!

Yeah.. I’m not buying what your selling here. Almost all schools lose money on athletics? Hmm..
A lot of schools are netting multi-million dollars just off their football programs alone. Not to mention, the net of the entire athletic programs, clubs, etc.. I hardly believe colleges are losing money. If anything, colleges are getting greedier.. its a business.

Just look at what the top college football programs made last year.
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...11/college-footballs-most-valuable-teams/amp/

Iago33

Reaction score
Yeah.. I’m not buying what your selling here. Almost all schools lose money on athletics? Hmm..
A lot of schools are netting multi-million dollars just off their football programs alone. Not to mention, the net of the entire athletic programs, clubs, etc.. I hardly believe colleges are losing money. If anything, colleges are getting greedier.. its a business.

Just look at what the top college football programs made last year.
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...11/college-footballs-most-valuable-teams/amp/
There are a few that make money, but there is a lot more behind the scenes.

https://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/Myth-College-Sports-Are-a-Cash-Cow2.aspx

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
well u can try to defend ucf all u want.
u r the only one here who does not see ucf as the bad guy.
at a minimum, blocking the transfer when the coach left was unethical though legal.
at worst, the head coach is squeezing hill, punishing him as an example for other students, and undermining the student's career for his own benefit.
all bad karma, and it will soon swing back to ur program as this type of crap does not stay inhouse.
keep responding, as all you are doing is keeping the fact that the transfer was blocked on the front page, where bloggers and press are more likely to see it.
i get no benefit from it, but i did put the same info in other blogs, and even got the info selected as recommended reading!
would be nice to see ucf soon back in the garbage bin :thumbup:

Never defended UCF, just passed on information, as you are already aware. Defending would be speculation. Congrats on the recommended reading, though.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Never defended UCF, just passed on information, as you are already aware. Defending would be speculation. Congrats on the recommended reading, though.

well yes, passing on info from ucf side. however u want to term tthat