News: TS: Mike Zimmer Sends Clear Message About His Plan For Cowboys

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe we all will later on, if the go all in as they say in FA and the draft.

Right now can't get excited until all of that starts. As we all are still cheese shocked for that playoff loss.
"cheese shocked".

I like it..not sure what it means, but it seems appropriate. :)

Aven8

Reaction score
SMH…bringing in a new DC only to keep the current scheme mostly intact…that’s next-level genius Jerry!
The Eagles get Vic Fangio, the Giants get Shane Bowen and the Cowboys, who are going all-in this year go out and get Mike Zimmer. Championship!
I’m sorry but neither of those DC’s are better than Zimm. You may not like the retread but neither one of those dudes have accomplished more than Zimm.

Kwyn

Reaction score
lol, he makes one vague comment saying “they were good, we’ll try to get better and “The Spun” writes an article … that gets posted here … that prompts the usual suspects to reply with their standard “Cowboys suck, please shoot me” response.

I guess mission accomplished?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
just saying beating the 49ers would be cool but my expectations are minimum omuntil they get over the 30nyear hump
I see. But I think they need to be a able to win a game like SF or they'll never be good enough to be in the championship game. So next year when they travel to a team like SF and get smoked, I don't want to hear how its just one game blah blah blah. They have to win SOME of the SF, Bufallo, Miami at Philly type games for me to think of them as a serious team. I overlooked them some this year and made some excuses for them. Won't do that again.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Our team is gridlocked in mediocrity. It will take more than a head coach change to meaningfully progress in the post season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Regardless of their opponents I will be very surprised if they don't completely fall apart this season. Not sure how they can come back from that embarrassment.
Well I said 8-9 games because the teams are all capable of beating cowboys. Dallas wont get the easy blow outs like last year,
even giants might win a game? Phil although they are in trouble, are still capable of beating dallas once.
Wash I think should win 1 of the 2 games, so dallas wont have 5 div wins to boost their total wins.

I copied this from another post. so not my words those in ( ). but these teams are all capable of beating dallas.
Home Games
vs. Saints (almost Playoff Team this season)
vs. TB (Playoff Team this season)
vs. Ravens (AFCG 2023, likely SB Appearance this season) they like to run the ball lol uh oh
vs. Bengals (Joe Burrow back, winning record this season)
vs. Lions (NFCG this season) unless Dan is still doing the go for it on all 4th downs lol.
vs. Houston (Playoff Team this season, likely contender for the next years with CJ Stroud)

Away
@ SF (NFCG, likely SB Appearance this season) -> Yearly smack in the face
@ Browns (Playoff Team this season, tough Defense)
@ Steelers (Playoff Team this season)
@ Jags (Free W)
@ Falcons (good home team, finished 7-10) NEW HC

DandyDon52

Reaction score
you know a lot of you have said that the last 3 years, just keep waiting for the shoe to drop. i guess if you say it every year, you might get it right once. lmao.

but it is pretty cool that you all think that that just because of last year's schedule that these teams will be as strong or better this year? the SOS nonsense almost never holds true, many of you picked us 2nd or 3rd in the division, claimed dak would lead the league in INTs again, nope, just bets in the league td-int ratio and finished 2nd in MVP voting without a good run game and shaky D blah blah blah puke.

advice, just watch and we will only know in about 10 months how this team might show or not show.
It is all speculation.
I didnt say any of that stuff last year. SOS is often wrong.
I dont know how 24 schedule is rated in sos.

Just looking at the teams they all did good last year except wash and giants, and maybe NO.
Just imo this is a much tougher schedule and dallas wont get 5 div wins to pump up their total wins.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Finding it extreamly hard to get excited about the upcoming season....
I've got zero enthusiasm or expectations. The multiple comfort hires from the 5-11 era over 20 years ago are exactly the kind of deflating and backwards moves I expected from Jerry after he claimed he was going all-in. All the actions so far have just reaffirmed the lack of seriousness towards winning a championship. Not only is it going to still be a clown show, we're bringing back failed clowns of the past.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I’m sorry but neither of those DC’s are better than Zimm. You may not like the retread but neither one of those dudes have accomplished more than Zimm.
Zimmer hasn't accomplished anything.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
lol, he makes one vague comment saying “they were good, we’ll try to get better and “The Spun” writes an article … that gets posted here … that prompts the usual suspects to reply with their standard “Cowboys suck, please shoot me” response.

I guess mission accomplished?
You don't have to participate in these topics. You reveal your true motives every time you do.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is all speculation.
I didnt say any of that stuff last year. SOS is often wrong.
I dont know how 24 schedule is rated in sos.

Just looking at the teams they all did good last year except wash and giants, and maybe NO.
Just imo this is a much tougher schedule and dallas wont get 5 div wins to pump up their total wins.
Because we have no idea what those teams are gonna be this year we have no idea how they're going to be assembled who they're going to lose who they're going to gain who gets hurt at what point when you meet them I mean does their coach last the season did they lose their quarterback in preseason literally none of this can be predicted therefore all these preseason rankings of like being afraid of who you're seeing before you even see what their team looks like we need to go through the draft free agency all the way up to the week before game one before we have any idea what these teams even look like....

So you have the schedules are put out and they could look like a really good game I head-to-head matchup on what they did last year but again that's why the strength of schedule thing never worked for me and it won't those teams we don't know what they're going to look like when we meet them so it's wasted energy saying that we might struggle to get the nine wins when we don't even know what our team or their team looks like right now....

Just too many moving parts too much time between now and September....​

stuckindc

Reaction score
well, we have no idea if this move replacing dan Quinn with zimmer will be good or bad or maybe just an even swap BUT i am glad a new voice on that side of the ball has arrived and just maybe because Jerrys comfortable with Zim as they go way back Zim will make few suggestions at LB and DT that effect FA and the draft in positive way.
Maybe that was part of the negotiations that took longer than expected. Who knows?!