News: TS: NFL Insider Does Not Expect Dak Prescott To Get Contract Extension In 2024

jgboys1

Reaction score
Ill believe it once that happens.

I am fully expecting to see Dak behind center for a few more seasons.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I believe he’ll be extended for sure, but for the sake of argument, if he’s not extended, you believe they’d just cut him rather than let him play?

Cutting him without a new QB is essentially flushing next season before it even starts.

I just don’t see that happening
I think he’s going to be offered and signs a contract making him the highest paid player in the NFL. He’ll be the Cowboys quarterback at least another three years.

Kwyn

Reaction score
that not what i said its how you perceived and twisted it but umm ok. pay everyone up max money no matter what the team has to suffer..sure thats the way to build a champion.. good try though

Im glad Tyreek counting them duckettes and at home warm watching his old team and qb win rings..buit hey its about max$$$$, take little less still be rich beyond belief and collect hardware...Brady showed how to do this. Crying poor like its cheap dogs and ramen if they take a little less. lmao.
Brady was paid millions under the table through his TB12 company, funneled through his personal trainer who the Pats were forced to bring in as a “consultant”.

The only recent player to take less is Rodgers last year and he hardly earned any of the money he was paid.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I think he’s going to be offered and signs a contract making him the highest paid player in the NFL. He’ll be the Cowboys quarterback at least another three years.

Me too.

Not necessarily happy about it as I’d prefer a full rebuild if we bomb again in the playoffs.

Coaches, QB, explore trades for our best players, focus on rookie deals, limit big spending in free agency. Ezsentially the opposite of “all in” approach and good help us with the content “retooling” to extend the “window” of the status quo.

The only thing that the simple reality of our ownership would prevent is changes in the GM

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We cant get under the cap with Daks contract.

That 60 million dead cap is a killer.

next add his 34 million salary.

#Lance
They can get his total cap hit (including base salary) down to 40M for 2024 without consulting Dak or his agent.
- Spread out the 2024 salary over 2024 plus the 2 voidable years 2025 and 2026.

That's over 18M in additional cap space.

They would still need to restructure some other contracts.

The Zack Martin contract could be a problem unless they have built-in the ability to add voidable years into the contract.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
There’s no way Jerry doesn’t restructure Dak. He knows he doesn’t have a decent QB waiting in the wings, he knows he’s got a few large contract negotiations coming up and he knows he has zero cap space to make it all happen. This article is pure bunk.