News: TS: NFL Insider Does Not Expect Dak Prescott To Get Contract Extension In 2024

Kwyn

Reaction score
If you listen to some fans here, they think all you have to do is draft a QB high and problem solved.
I mean, Mahomes was at #10. So, if Will McClay is as good as everyone is constantly telling us, and we can get a pick around #15, we should be able to get our *real* MVP.

/s

MikeT22

Reaction score
If you listen to some fans here, they think all you have to do is draft a QB high and problem solved.
No one said it’s a guarantee but we don’t even try. Can’t believe Jerry is as dumb as some of our fans, yet here we are.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No one said it’s a guarantee but we don’t even try. Can’t believe Jerry is as dumb as some of our fans, yet here we are.
We are trying. We used a fifth round pick on Mike White and a 7th rounder on Ben DiNucci. We use the fourth round draft pick on Trey Lance. There isn’t anything that says you have to use a premium draft pick to find a franchise QB. The 49ers have Mr. irrelevant starting today who ended up being a hell of a lot better than a QB they drafted third overall.

MikeT22

Reaction score
And who will be our QB??
Dak, no one is better than Dak. We need to keep Dak until he retires because it’s too risky to try and draft a guy early. Could set him he team back 30 years.

Have to resign Dak and then when he retires draft a guy in the 4th round, or better yet sign an UDFA and keep him around for another decade. It is the ONLY way. /s

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I mean, Mahomes was at #10. So, if Will McClay is as good as everyone is constantly telling us, and we can get a pick around #15, we should be able to get our *real* MVP.

/s
:rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nothing is guaranteed. But when you look around the league the vast majority of teams that get deep in the playoffs and win the SB have a QB who was drafted in the 1st, or at least day 2.

Play the percentages and common sense or always think “ it’s not a guarantee” so let’s keep waiting til day 3 or later to find a QB. Brilliant strategy.
Those teams that drafted those QBs with premium picks needed a QB. They didn’t have a Dak Prescott.

MikeT22

Reaction score
We are trying. We used a fifth round pick on Mike White and a 7th rounder on Ben DiNucci. We use the fourth round draft pick on Trey Lance. There isn’t anything that says you have to use a premium draft pick to find a franchise QB. The 49ers have Mr. irrelevant starting today who ended up being a hell of a lot better than a QB they drafted third overall.
Thanks for proving me point. We haven’t tried drafting a QB with a premium pick.

But yes, let’s follow the strategy of waiting til late in the draft to find the most important player on the team.

I also assume you are just trolling because no one besides Jerry can be this incompetent.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
KC did, they had Alex Smith. Mr make the playoffs and lose early
Alex Smith was an aging stopgap who SF gave up on. KC brought him in to keep them afloat until they found a young QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Thanks for proving me point. We haven’t tried drafting a QB with a premium pick.

But yes, let’s follow the strategy of waiting til late in the draft to find the most important player on the team.

I also assume you are just trolling because no one besides Jerry can be this incompetent.
The last time we drafted a QB with a premium pick was Quincy Carter and he went bust. We got desperate because we didn’t have a QB and had no choice but to reach in the second round. With Dak here we haven’t needed to use a premium pick on a QB. If you’re getting frustrated with the discussion and are going start the trolling crap move on. :thumbup: You can continue but I’ve made myself clear.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
He’ll get an extension. There’s a reason he was 2nd in MVP voting. He’s that good. QB’s don’t play defense. They can’t stop the run. QB’s don’t run block. You dummies don’t understand football if you put all the blame on Dak. In order to win in the NFL you must be able to run the ball and stop the run. It’s most important in December and January when it’s cold and the playoffs are on. Yet you yahoos continue to put all the blame on Dak. And all of you look dumb doing it.
You guys have got to stop this.. 2nd in the MVP.

He got 1 vote.. ONE.. Jackson got the other 49.

However I do agree that he will get an extension.. I will be "shocked" if he doesn't.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Nah man, gotta wait til the 4th or sign an UDFA.

Ok, so, let’s say we don’t extend Dak, let him play out the last year as a lame duck, or cut him, who is your pick at #24? Would he start in 2025?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You guys have got to stop this.. 2nd in the MVP.

He got 1 vote.. ONE.. Jackson got the other 49.

However I do agree that he will get an extension.. I will be "shocked" if he doesn't.
He was voted to be a finalist all of whom he beat except for Jackson.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, I agree with you guys, who could we get to replace a guy who beats bad teams but once he's up against good defenses he folds and disappears? That would be hard to replace. lmao..I wish we would have stayed with Garrett he was average like the QB, who could we get to win 8 games a year? I'd be scared to try to get better.. sheesh. Just say I love dak and be done with it. this other excuse is bs. s\

MikeT22

Reaction score
Alex Smith was an aging stopgap who SF gave up on. KC brought him in to keep them afloat until they found a young QB.
KC was pretty dumb to take a chance on a guy in the first round instead of day 3

MikeT22

Reaction score
The last time we drafted a QB with a premium pick was Quincy Carter and he went bust. We got desperate because we didn’t have a QB and had no choice but to reach in the second round. With Dak here we haven’t needed to use a premium pick on a QB. If you’re getting frustrated with the discussion and are going start the trolling crap move on. :thumbup: You can continue but I’ve made myself clear.
You have made yourself clear. Same thinking as Jerry. See ya.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Alex smith has a career winning percentage of .600. Dak Prescott .640. Alex Smith was 2-5 in the playoffs. Dak Prescott is 2-5 in the playoffs. Alex Smith was 32 years old when KC drafted Mahomes. Dak Prescott will be 31 this year with one year left on his contract.. The situation isn't that different. For the record I'm not saying Alex Smith is better or equal to Dak, however the results are pretty much the same.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Alex smith has a career winning percentage of .600. Dak Prescott .640. Alex Smith was 2-5 in the playoffs. Dak Prescott is 2-5 in the playoffs. Alex Smith was 32 years old when KC drafted Mahomes. Dak Prescott will be 31 this year with one year left on his contract.. The situation isn't that different. For the record I'm not saying Alex Smith is better or equal to Dak, however the results are pretty much the same.
We have #24. Who’s our guy?