News: TS: Stephen A. Smith Makes A Stunning Admission About The Cowboys

Creeper

Reaction score
I agree with Smith. The Cowboys have the roster. They have the players they need to contend. They do have a tendency to not make the big play they need to get over the hump, but I think they can overcome that.

There are two ways to take the Eagles game. One is they are not good enough and then fold the tents. The other is to look at that game and realize they have the ability to beat the supposed best team in football if they just eliminate the self-inflicted wounds. The Eagles game could be a huge confidence booster. If they come out of that game with the idea that they can beat anyone, then maybe that is what they will do. Maybe that puts them on a run the way the Giants losing to the Patriots in a close game gave them the confidence to win the Super Bowl.

The question is, can they avoid teh stupid penalties and mental mistakes for a 3 or 4 games to get them the trophy?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I agree with Smith. The Cowboys have the roster. They have the players they need to contend. They do have a tendency to not make the big play they need to get over the hump, but I think they can overcome that.

There are two ways to take the Eagles game. One is they are not good enough and then fold the tents. The other is to look at that game and realize they have the ability to beat the supposed best team in football if they just eliminate the self-inflicted wounds. The Eagles game could be a huge confidence booster. If they come out of that game with the idea that they can beat anyone, then maybe that is what they will do. Maybe that puts them on a run the way the Giants losing to the Patriots in a close game gave them the confidence to win the Super Bowl.

The question is, can they avoid teh stupid penalties and mental mistakes for a 3 or 4 games to get them the trophy?

if you honestly believe, what he is saying is true, than you have to honestly believed Dallas could have done it the previous years. Talent isnt the only thing holding this team back media doesnt want to get into all the talks. To say this is the year, but the previous ones arent, says you dont do your home work or you know nothing of the sport. He wants to have a short cut.

Carson

Reaction score
In reality, Stephen doesn’t hate Dallas. Its just a skit.

I love Shannon’s argument, how they havent done anything. But that’s like saying Philly shouldn’t have gone to their Super Bowl because of history

ShiningStar

Reaction score
In reality, Stephen doesn’t hate Dallas. Its just a skit.

I love Shannon’s argument, how they havent done anything. But that’s like saying Philly shouldn’t have gone to their Super Bowl because of history

Philly will make the changes to change their team.

We make the changes to keep things the same.

We are not the same.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Not that I really care what an on air so called personality has to say, but.....he has very much tempered the Dak "hate" on First Take of late culminating with Bart Scotts comments about "if anything bad can happen to the Cowboys it will.". Bart alluded to the Diggs' injury and SAS is a staunch defender of and apparent buddy Diggs, so it seems to be he has toned down his Cowboys hate in regards to Dak, etc. I am thinking those that are at ESPN have told him to simmer down the trolling as a result.

Just my take..

Carson

Reaction score
Philly will make the changes to change their team.

We make the changes to keep things the same.

We are not the same.
My point is, should Detroit quit because theyve stunk and won one playoff game? Chiefs before their run? New England etc etc

History is history. leave it there

ShiningStar

Reaction score
My point is, should Detroit quit because theyve stunk and won one playoff game? Chiefs before their run? New England etc etc

History is history. leave it there

that makes no sense because thats not even a choice in the NFL.

you do have a choice to not for for the Lombardi, DAllas and a few teams do this. Or you can play for the Lombardi, but fans have to realize what their team is chosing to do. JJ keeps telling us, "im not in it for the Lombardi" whether you understand that or not, he doesnt care. His actions show us decade after decade. It jsut takes some people longer to understand.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Not that I really care what an on air so called personality has to say, but.....he has very much tempered the Dak "hate" on First Take of late culminating with Bart Scotts comments about "if anything bad can happen to the Cowboys it will.". Bart alluded to the Diggs' injury and SAS is a staunch defender of and apparent buddy Diggs, so it seems to be he has toned down his Cowboys hate in regards to Dak, etc. I am thinking those that are at ESPN have told him to simmer down the trolling as a result.

Just my take..
It's more about how he's getting quietly cancelled for being an obnoxious fool with no substance.

Even the stupid realize his schtick.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
It's more about how he's getting quietly cancelled for being an obnoxious fool with no substance.

Even the stupid realize his schtick.
His ratings are through the roof I believe, his show isn't going anywhere unfortunately

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Screamin' A Smith says what gets him the best ratings amongst the peasants.
Yup. The fact that people says he's nothing close in real life that he is on TV says alot. He's all about the "show". They say it about skip too. When the camera comes on they'll say/do anything for ratings