News: TS: Stephen A. Smith Makes A Stunning Admission About The Cowboys

Dallasfann

Reaction score
The Cowboys where at the 6 yard line in Philadelphia with a chance to win against the best team in the entire league. You are just being emotional. Every team in the league would take that scenario in the playoffs. 1st and goal at the 6 against the best team in the league. Yea..definitely could be playing in a SB in February.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
There's a group of 7 or 8 teams..... that the eventual SB winner will come from.

If we ALL made that group of 7 or 8 teams independently, I imagine the list of teams would be nearly identical from all of us.

Dallas was on that list before this loss....and they still are...probably same as all of you and media members.

What....ur gonna subtract Dallas and put in New Orleans or Vikings? No way.

Still not sure why this is a shocking revelation

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The Cowboys where at the 6 yard line in Philadelphia with a chance to win against the best team in the entire league. You are just being emotional. Every team in the league would take that scenario in the playoffs. 1st and goal at the 6 against the best team in the league. Yea..definitely could be playing in a SB in February.
You can think that all you want, no one on the EAgles side was sweating it. Dallas does this and lose most of the times. We werent close just solidfied we were zero threat to them. even with 6 yards, we cant punch it in when we need to. They werent concerned at all.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
You can think that all you want, no one on the EAgles side was sweating it. Dallas does this and lose most of the times. We werent close just solidfied we were zero threat to them. even with 6 yards, we cant punch it in when we need to. They werent concerned at all.

Nobody on the Eagles was sweating it.... Like I said you're so emotional. Are you fairly young? That or old emotional and bitter. Hate this team as much as you want but you're wrong. Have a pleasant day.

Creeper

Reaction score
if you honestly believe, what he is saying is true, than you have to honestly believed Dallas could have done it the previous years. Talent isnt the only thing holding this team back media doesnt want to get into all the talks. To say this is the year, but the previous ones arent, says you dont do your home work or you know nothing of the sport. He wants to have a short cut.
I am not talking about previous years. I am talking about this year. Last year they were clearly short in a few positions.

But this year I look at the roster and think that they really do not have any serious weaknesses, the exception being the way Steele is play. But I know he can play better. Let's see where he goes. But even without dealing with Steele, they should have won that game, despite the bad calls by the officials and the bad breaks. The Eagles literally had everything go their way.

And on top of that, the Eagles lost their TE, a security blanket for Hurts. I think that loss is going to hurt their offense more than losing Diggs hurt the Cowboys defense. The Eagles still have 5 tough games coming up, including KC in KC. The division title is not settle yet.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
His ratings are through the roof I believe, his show isn't going anywhere unfortunately
Ratings? I mean, that's the point I'm making. Give it a couple years, max. There's a big void right now in sports media for fans looking for actual substance, which Screamin' A Smith doesn't have. If/when someone fills the void of that niche' and also makes it entertaining enough without all the silly screaming and hot takes, Screamin' A won't know what hit him.

Ratings are easy. It's more difficult to bring substance and get the ratings.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I am not talking about previous years. I am talking about this year. Last year they were clearly short in a few positions.

But this year I look at the roster and think that they really do not have any serious weaknesses, the exception being the way Steele is play. But I know he can play better. Let's see where he goes. But even without dealing with Steele, they should have won that game, despite the bad calls by the officials and the bad breaks. The Eagles literally had everything go their way.

And on top of that, the Eagles lost their TE, a security blanket for Hurts. I think that loss is going to hurt their offense more than losing Diggs hurt the Cowboys defense. The Eagles still have 5 tough games coming up, including KC in KC. The division title is not settle yet.
and you re welcome to that opinion. but at the end of the year, the facts will tell you different like they do every year.

I wont mock you for it. but i am saying how many times does a person need to punch you before you know the fight is happening?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Ratings? I mean, that's the point I'm making. Give it a couple years, max. There's a big void right now in sports media for fans looking for actual substance, which Screamin' A Smith doesn't have. If/when someone fills the void of that niche' and also makes it entertaining enough without all the silly screaming and hot takes, Screamin' A won't know what hit him.

Will the younger generation even want that? are sports dying out? Do the younger generation support it like we did?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
God I hate the argument that we haven’t won a Super Bowl in the past ten years so we’re not contenders; however Detroit is.
I couldn't agree more. It's embarrassing, actually. And predictable.

"What's embarrassing is we haven't won a SB in muh 28 yearths."

Like, grow up.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Will the younger generation even want that? are sports dying out? Do the younger generation support it like we did?
Parts of it, yes. Our younger generation is really out of touch, so I can see why you're saying this. There's enough of them with brains to create a demand for a show with more integrity and substance. In my opinion, you have to give them time to mature and gain some experience in the real world. These kids have been online much of their lives. Now, they just need to gain enough exposure to the real world to realize the things they've been parroting from their professors aren't necessarily how the world works. Took me a while to realize that. As they say, take what you can from it, leave the rest behind.

Also, there's better athletes coming into league now than ever before, in my opinion.

That said, don't count out the older generations. They're the ones with the money, so they're the ones who really matter. I mean, we're old. We're not dead.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He builds them up. Because the more they are hyped the greater the fall is
On the flip side, the more he tears them down, the bigger his fall is if they win. Would devastate is so-called "credibility." In that regard, he knows what he's doing. The problem I have with him is that's all he cares about, which is why I'm certain he has no integrity or substance.

Stoneman

Reaction score
I agree with Smith. The Cowboys have the roster. They have the players they need to contend. They do have a tendency to not make the big play they need to get over the hump, but I think they can overcome that.

There are two ways to take the Eagles game. One is they are not good enough and then fold the tents. The other is to look at that game and realize they have the ability to beat the supposed best team in football if they just eliminate the self-inflicted wounds. The Eagles game could be a huge confidence booster. If they come out of that game with the idea that they can beat anyone, then maybe that is what they will do. Maybe that puts them on a run the way the Giants losing to the Patriots in a close game gave them the confidence to win the Super Bowl.

The question is, can they avoid teh stupid penalties and mental mistakes for a 3 or 4 games to get them the trophy?
They've been a highly penalized team ever since McCarthy took over. One of the most penalized teams in the league. A ton of nondisciplined penalties, and pre-snap penalties. And for the last 7 years with Dak, they have been unable to overcome mental mistakes in the crucial moments. What makes you think this will magically stop this year?

BTW, I would LOVE it if they've proved me wrong. But I say that every year.;)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Two things Dallas needs
  • Run game HAS to start working or those cold games are going to get really hard
  • Defense has been good, but it has to show better that it can handle offenses like San Francisco and Philadelphia. They were better against San Francisco, but still too many loooong drives.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I thought Dallas showed guts, to a degree I’m not used to seeing lately. They showed up.

If Steele could have managed to have a just a bad game instead of an all time atrocious one, that alone is probably the difference.

No luck on bounces or the like.

This team is the best we have had since 2018, maybe 2016, but no division win, all road playoff games, so the upside is realistically limited.

I think we have a good shot to pick off either SF or Philly, but probably not both.

Mannix

Reaction score
----- I agree with Smith. The Cowboys have the roster. They have the players they need to contend. They do have a tendency to not make the big play they need to get over the hump, but I think they can overcome that.

Please state one example that would lead us to believe this to be true....for the first time in 27 1/2 years.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score

What are the choices? Certainly not the Skip and Keyshawn sham which has become the worst comcal show of Sports talk ever. I find Nick Wright to be one of the right now as he tells it like it is. Sure he has his KC bias, but he is not obnoxious and knows his stuff on all sports