tuesday morning quarterback

dirt

Reaction score
wow what a game. That was truly what makes the NFL so special
1.we need to enjoy every minute of Tony Romo. I keep forgetting that he is still working on his 3rd year in the league as a starter but it feels like he has been around for 10. It is very enjoyable to watch his growth and development. You could say that he showed more resiliancy than McNab?! Tony recovered from his monumental gaffe in the end zone to lead his team to victory. Mcnabb made a game changing play with his botched handoff late in the 4th and despite having 2 chances, could not bring his team back. That overthrow to Westbrook on 3rd down during their 2nd last possession was remarkably bad.

2.Look at how the defense played from another fans perspective. The fans of the Eagles, Broncos, Chargers, Lions(oh forget the last one) have every reason to be bewildered by their units performance. That game was just an offensive explosion--it was frenetic. There was an incredibly amount of offensive talent on that field and the defense on both sides was just a half step behind. This may be the reason for so many face mask penalties. Guys are just grabbing anything the can and they are not under control.
There were a ton of facemasks, near facemasks, near horsecollars on both sides.

3. Garrett called an excellent game. Our offense sliced through an excellent defense like butter.

4. Jason Witten. I may look back 10 years from now God willing and think of him as one of my all time favorite Cowboys. I gotta beleive that the shot he got was one powerful painkiller. I have separated my shoulders and trying to raise them just a little made me squeal like a little girl. Witten goes out and just plays through it. I thought it might have affected his reach for the pass down the middle that was a near TD but just a bit later he makes that catch. The guy is tough. Kudos to Garrett for coming back to that play.

5. I dont think I was the only one that double clutched when I saw number 31 leap up and knock away that long pass attempt in the first quarter. The first thought that came to mind was "that cant be Roy!!" I think even the announcers double clutched.

6.We done good with our draft this year eh?!!!
Everone seemed to contribute. Bennett looked very smooth and athletic on his pass reception, but quit chatting up Mcnabb after the game dude!
Jenkins looks fast and athletic
What can you say about Jones? Smooth, accleration- he looks like he isnt even exerting himself
Seems to be a theme here right?

7.Dawkins and Shephard didnt hurt us last night. In fact Dawkins looked slow and old on occaision. McNabb on the other had played one of the best games I can recall in the past 5 years. But, can he hold up? I have to wonder about his recent history for injury.

8. Randy Galloway needs to let it go. Enough about Eldorado. He is what he is and you dont have to like it. Just enjoy what he brings to the football field. Owens and Romo are amazing together for the Cowboys. Galloway always has to fit a crack in at Owens in his columns and his columns no longer have any worth to me.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
A worthy post dirt. Every bit rings true. I am liking our draft picks more and more. All of them.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
I was really happy to see Jenkins make a few plays. I hadn't heard/seen much from him.

Felix is something special too.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I really think that at least one of those facemasks was a smart play by our defense, rather than get beat grab a hold of something and don't let him get by.

I can only say that though because no one got hurt.

hutru01

Reaction score
dirt;2262739 said:
1.we need to enjoy every minute of Tony Romo. I keep forgetting that he is still working on his 3rd year in the league as a starter but it feels like he has been around for 10. It is very enjoyable to watch his growth and development. You could say that he showed more resiliancy than McNab?! Tony recovered from his monumental gaffe in the end zone to lead his team to victory. Mcnabb made a game changing play with his botched handoff late in the 4th and despite having 2 chances, could not bring his team back. That overthrow to Westbrook on 3rd down during their 2nd last possession was remarkably bad.

+1

I get so sick of Eagles fans, Commanders fans, Giants fans, saying Romo will choke this year like he always does. I mean for god sakes, the guy in only his second year actually playing NFL football led his team to win the division during the regular season. Give it a rest people!

Granted his fumble was a silly and inexcusable, he still managed to throw two more touchdowns in the game.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Good evaluation dirt,
Both teams seem to have problems with their hands, Boys-facemask, Eagles-holding.

Do you guys think players are taught to hold because most of the holding during a game is not called? It's only a penalty if you get caught. I saw alot of hands on the outside of shoulderpads/jerseys and not on the inside where it is the legal technic.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
You're right, typically when a player holds or grabs the facemask, it is because they are beat or about to get beat.

It seems like the offenses were too much for either defense. Luckily, our defense was able to finally get a stop there at the end.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
hutru01;2262973 said:
+1

I get so sick of Eagles fans, Commanders fans, Giants fans, saying Romo will choke this year like he always does. I mean for god sakes, the guy in only his second year actually playing NFL football led his team to win the division during the regular season. Give it a rest people!

Granted his fumble was a silly and inexcusable, he still managed to throw two more touchdowns in the game.

You have to remember Tony did have one of his fingers taped on his left hand due to an injury he substained last week. Still it sucked to giftwrap 7 pts. for birds.

I was also nervous once that fumble was out because you could see players diving for the ball. Didn't want Tony injuried, it is better to live and fight another day so to say. Glad he dove over one of the players coming in low. :doh: sweat n bullets

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dirt;2262739 said:

2.Look at how the defense played from another fans perspective. The fans of the Eagles, Broncos, Chargers, Lions(oh forget the last one) have every reason to be bewildered by their units performance. That game was just an offensive explosion--it was frenetic. There was an incredibly amount of offensive talent on that field and the defense on both sides was just a half step behind. This may be the reason for so many face mask penalties. Guys are just grabbing anything the can and they are not under control.

3. Garrett called an excellent game. Our offense sliced through an excellent defense like butter.

4. Jason Witten. I may look back 10 years from now God willing and think of him as one of my all time favorite Cowboys. I gotta beleive that the shot he got was one powerful painkiller. I have separated my shoulders and trying to raise them just a little made me squeal like a little girl. Witten goes out and just plays through it. I thought it might have affected his reach for the pass down the middle that was a near TD but just a bit later he makes that catch. The guy is tough. Kudos to Garrett for coming back to that play.

5. I dont think I was the only one that double clutched when I saw number 31 leap up and knock away that long pass attempt in the first quarter. The first thought that came to mind was "that cant be Roy!!" I think even the announcers double clutched.

Everone seemed to contribute. Bennett looked very smooth and athletic on his pass reception, but quit chatting up Mcnabb after the game dude!
What can you say about Jones? Smooth, accleration- he looks like he isnt even exerting himself

7.Dawkins and Shephard didnt hurt us last night. In fact Dawkins looked slow and old on occaision. McNabb on the other had played one of the best games I can recall in the past 5 years. But, can he hold up? I have to wonder about his recent history for injury.

8. Randy Galloway needs to let it go. Enough about Eldorado. He is what he is and you dont have to like it. Just enjoy what he brings to the football field. Owens and Romo are amazing together for the Cowboys. Galloway always has to fit a crack in at Owens in his columns and his columns no longer have any worth to me.

Totally agree. If we had reputation on this forum you'd be getting some for this post, for certain.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2262980 said:
Good evaluation dirt,
Both teams seem to have problems with their hands, Boys-facemask, Eagles holding.

Do you guys think players are taught to hold because most of the holding during a game is not called? It's only a penalty if you get caught. I saw alot of hands on the outside of shoulderpads/jerseys and not on the inside where it is the legal technic.

Oh yeah on the Westbrook touchdown grab Jenkins was getting mauled by the blocker, who had two handfulls of jersey and they didn't get called. That's just the way it goes.

hutru01

Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2263007 said:
You have to remember Tony did have one of his fingers taped on his left hand due to an injury he substained last week. Still it sucked to giftwrap 7 pts. for birds.

I was also nervous once that fumble was out because you could see players diving for the ball. Didn't want Tony injuried, it is better to live and fight another day so to say. Glad he dove over one of the players coming in low. :doh: sweat n bullets

The only thing I will say is that a true veteran quarterback would have just fell on it and taken the safety. 2 pts is better than 7.

He is still learning, but I am not worried, he showed a lot of pose last night.

hutru01

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2263021 said:
Oh yeah on the Westbrook touchdown grab Jenkins was getting mauled by the blocker, who had two handfulls of jersey and they didn't get called. That's just the way it goes.

I was pissed when I saw that. It was so blatant. Its all just part of the game. The referee just couldn't see it and I am really surprised Dallas didn't challenge it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dirt;2262739 said:

Alot of good points in your post. Kudos.

Garrett mixed it up very well. We are no longer predictable. Those years drove me nuts.

There were more than a few "gamechanging" plays. #31's deflection was one of them..... it was BIG IMO.

Grevus

Reaction score
dirt;2262739 said:

I felt the same way. I was OMG, Roy came up big!, but then I realized...

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
hutru01;2263033 said:
The only thing I will say is that a true veteran quarterback would have just fell on it and taken the safety. 2 pts is better than 7.

He is still learning, but I am not worried, he showed a lot of pose last night.

At the rate things were going last night, that 2 probably would have turned into 9 when we kicked the ball to the Iggles.

I like that Tony doesn't give up on a play like that. A veteran probably would have fallen on that ball vs. St. Louis last year, but Romo picked it up and made a play. I don't want him to get too conservative. It is fun to watch when it goes our way and painful when it doesn't. But that's Romo and I'm loving every minute I get to watch him play.

hutru01

Reaction score
Bill Wooten;2263344 said:
At the rate things were going last night, that 2 probably would have turned into 9 when we kicked the ball to the Iggles.

Maybe, but not necessarily.

It is fun to watch when it goes our way and painful when it doesn't. But that's Romo and I'm loving every minute I get to watch him play.

Have to agree with that. ;)

JerryFan

Reaction score
dirt;2262739 said:

If you look real close on the last Barber TD to put Dallas a head Bennett made an excellent block to seal off the corner so Barber could get into the end zone.