Tuesday Night Game Thread (WFT/PHI + SEA/LAR)

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
EVEN IF DALLAS LOSES OUT AND EAGLES WIN OUT, We still have more divison wins. Dallas wins the tiebreaker, although Eagles would be a wild card. Still divison champs
That is incorrect. The Eagles currently have 2 division losses. If we were to lose out we’d have 2 division losses and if they were to win out they’d have 2.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I agree but he has kept them in contention. He’s the best option they have right now. They will be looking to replace him in the offseason. Washington should have kept Cousins. They’re going to continue burning high draft picks and wasting time with castoffs trying to find a QB.

But look at Minnesota . Not a big Cousins fan. The time is getting near Zimmer running out of time . If he gets the boot someone will hire him as a DC

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But look at Minnesota . Not a big Cousins fan. The time is getting near Zimmer running out of time . If he gets the boot someone will hire him as a DC

Cousins isn’t great but he was the best QB Washington had in years. I understand they were in a dilemma with him wanting a lot of money. Had they paid him they could have used that first round pick they wasted on Haskins on another position. They could have kept building around Cousins rather than wasting picks trying to find a QB. It’s a terrible world to live in searching for a QB. In the past two decades Washington has burned at least 5 first round draft picks on QBs and two of them were top 5 picks. They gave up a ransom fee to move up for RG3. None of those QBs panned out. The only draft pick that did was Cousins in the fourth round.

RonWashington

Reaction score
It’s tough when a team totally blows 2 first round picks on QB’s like Haskins & RG3 and has zero success to show for it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Glad there isn’t any NFL football tomorrow or I would really be confused on what day it is.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s tough when a team totally blows 2 first round picks on QB’s like Haskins & RG3 and has zero success to show for it.

They would’ve been better off keeping Cousins. Instead of wasting another first round pick on a QB they could have used it for another position. They’re going to continue having to burn premium draft picks to find a QB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I only saw most of 2nd half , Gilbert did pretty good for just signing with team.
eagles won by running a lot.
eagles ,vikings, saints all with 7-7 record, vikings have tie b over the other 2 so they are WC right now and would
play dallas.
however SF is 8-6, so if they lose games, then it would be 4 teams vying for 2 wc slots.
All 4 need to win out , but no telling what happens there, but it could mean dallas and phil game will decide if phil gets in or not.

blueblood70

Reaction score
rams game

that non call PI is insane and why fans dotn trust officials..it was so blatant the actual definition of PI and for all to see not in crowd late in a close game and you don't throw flag but Brown gets 4 in game on ticky tak types? that crew should not be allowed to ref a playoff game not one of them not Hochulis sad chit

Carson

Reaction score
rams game

that non call PI is insane and why fans dotn trust officials..it was so blatant the actual definition of PI and for all to see not in crowd late in a close game and you don't throw flag but Brown gets 4 in game on ticky tak types? that crew should not be allowed to ref a playoff game not one of them not Hochulis sad chit
What if I told you the same crew who made those calls on thanksgiving were the same crew for the Rams Seahawks last night. shawn hochuli and his crew

blueblood70

Reaction score
What if I told you the same crew who made those calls on thanksgiving were the same crew for the Rams Seahawks last night. shawn hochuli and his crew
I know thats why io said they should be sat down fined and retrained!! 28 flags on TG and then eat flag that should be called..its almost as if they said ill show you for complaining about too many flags and their egos kicked in and they ate the flag. they have far too much control with not much accountability.

they cost us that game, no doubt...

John813

Reaction score
4th down, down by 7 in the 4th and they decide to not call that PI?

Refs are humans, but that was a terrible non call.

JustChip

Reaction score
They would’ve been better off keeping Cousins. Instead of wasting another first round pick on a QB they could have used it for another position. They’re going to continue having to burn premium draft picks to find a QB.
The problem isn’t that they use 1st round pics on QBs, it’s the QBs they select with those picks. There have been QBs available. Drafting, like anything, is easier in hindsight, but even a dummy like me knew RG3 was a mistake. Some teams just fail at drafting QBs. Cleveland is another.

JustChip

Reaction score
I know thats why io said they should be sat down fined and retrained!! 28 flags on TG and then eat flag that should be called..its almost as if they said ill show you for complaining about too many flags and their egos kicked in and they ate the flag. they have far too much control with not much accountability.

they cost us that game, no doubt...
I would say it’s more likely the NFL told them they went overboard on Turkey Day and to dial it back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would say it’s more likely the NFL told them they went overboard on Turkey Day and to dial it back.
that not the play you dial back on its the ticky tak gray area ones. That was front and center in an open area of field for all to see how atrocious the non call was..similar to the saint's playoff game that created the new replay rule that later was purposefully not used correctly and dismissed, too soon IMHO.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The problem isn’t that they use 1st round pics on QBs, it’s the QBs they select with those picks. There have been QBs available. Drafting, like anything, is easier in hindsight, but even a dummy like me knew RG3 was a mistake. Some teams just fail at drafting QBs. Cleveland is another.

Anyone who follows the draft knows drafting a QB is a crapshoot regardless how high you take them. The best rookie QB so far this season has been Mac Jones who was taken in the teens. Trevor Lawrence was the number one overall pick and hasn’t looked impressive. Cincinnati had the worst team when they drafted Burrow number one overall and he looked a lot better than Lawrence as a rookie. RG3 was rated high by practically everyone which is why Washington gave up so much to move up for him. I laugh at those who think they have it figured out on what QBs are going to pan out. The odds are no better than 50-50 a QB taken in the top 10 is going to develop into a franchise QB. There’s far more misses than hits drafting a QB.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think it is kinda unfair to play these games this
late. I understand the players safety but the rules are the rules. It kinda benefits some of the teams like the Rams who gets players back for the game. On another hand all four have a very short week which is good for us since we play the WFT on Sunday.

I see what you are saying but it seems unfair also to remove players from the roster a day before the game when they have no chance to test out of the protocol.

JustChip

Reaction score
that not the play you dial back on its the ticky tak gray area ones. That was front and center in an open area of field for all to see how atrocious the non call was..similar to the saint's playoff game that created the new replay rule that later was purposefully not used correctly and dismissed, too soon IMHO.
I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on that particular play. Mine was a more general explanation why there would be such a drastic difference between the 2 games. But if the league did tell them to dial it back, human nature being what it is, they would then most likely err to the opposite side including going too far. But, also, human nature being what it is, they could've simply done what you said, erred on purpose to make a point to the league office.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I only saw most of 2nd half , Gilbert did pretty good for just signing with team.
eagles won by running a lot.
eagles ,vikings, saints all with 7-7 record, vikings have tie b over the other 2 so they are WC right now and would
play dallas.
however SF is 8-6, so if they lose games, then it would be 4 teams vying for 2 wc slots.
All 4 need to win out , but no telling what happens there, but it could mean dallas and phil game will decide if phil gets in or not.

Gilbert looked the same as he did for Dallas against Pittsburgh last season- started out strong then got worse as the game progressed.

Eagles will likely beat the Giants and WFT again in two weeks, but if the Cowboys don't need the finale Philly might back into the playoffs.

JustChip

Reaction score
Anyone who follows the draft knows drafting a QB is a crapshoot regardless how high you take them. The best rookie QB so far this season has been Mac Jones who was taken in the teens. Trevor Lawrence was the number one overall pick and hasn’t looked impressive. Cincinnati had the worst team when they drafted Burrow number one overall and he looked a lot better than Lawrence as a rookie. RG3 was rated high by practically everyone which is why Washington gave up so much to move up for him. I laugh at those who think they have it figured out on what QBs are going to pan out. The odds are no better than 50-50 a QB taken in the top 10 is going to develop into a franchise QB. There’s far more misses than hits drafting a QB.
All that you say is true. But I was never impressed with RG3. Nor Sam Darnold for that matter.

Mac Jones and Trevor Lawrence are perfect examples of situations matter. I venture to say anybody drafted by NE has a better chance to succeed and do so early; anybody drafted by Jacksonville would not. Firing Urban Meyer might be what salvages Lawrence.

The problem with drafting QBs is they are almost all underclassman and you're having to project based on limited experience. The projection isn't the physical tools, but what's between the ears and maturity. There's no guarantee staying the full 4 years, 5 if redshirt, but you certainly have way more data to base a decision on. And 2 or 3 more years of maturity. What's happening now is that experience and maturity is having to occur the first 2 to 3 years in the NFL all while being tasked with producing right away. But it is what it is.