Turbin waived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Because he is hurt, they signed Jackson, and they really like Rawls.

Huh? Well, since he's hurt.. that would be even more reason to stash him on PUP. Especially since they signed old-man Jackson. If Jackson doesn't work out like planned, they could have had Turbin in their back pockets after week 6 when he'd be eligible to come off PUP. Sounds like they do like Rawls (like every one else) and have giving up on Turbin. And that's saying a lot that a run team like Seattle didn't even try to find a way to keep him. Go ahead with the anointing oil that's being passed around to every free agent RB.. I say pass. I'd rather take my chances on a veteran that is more productive running behind our OL, like Pierre Thomas. Thomas had 122 catches over the last two seasons and can block. As the third RB that's more than enough production..

Darren McFadden, Joseph Randle, and Pierre Thomas doesn't sound too bad. And I guess we can still hope that Dunbar will produce one day..o_O

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Huh? Well, since he's hurt.. that would be even more reason to stash him on PUP. Especially since they signed old-man Jackson. If Jackson doesn't work out like planned, they could have had Turbin in their back pockets after week 6 when he'd be eligible to come off PUP. Sounds like they do like Rawls (like every one else) and have giving up on Turbin. And that's saying a lot that a run team like Seattle didn't even try to find a way to keep him. Go ahead with the anointing oil that's being passed around to every free agent RB.. I say pass. I'd rather take my chances on a veteran that is more productive running behind our OL, like Pierre Thomas. Thomas had 122 catches over the last two seasons and can block. As the third RB that's more than enough production..

Darren McFadden, Joseph Randle, and Pierre Thomas doesn't sound too bad. And I guess we can still hope that Dunbar will produce one day..o_O

He can't go on the PUP. He has already practiced and played in preseason games. He would have to go on IR with the return designation. They likely don't want to use that up for their backup RB. They want to say that for a key starter. So they either had to go long at RB or waive him and sign Jackson which they did.

superonyx

Reaction score
These guys like Turbin, michaels, Fred Jackson, knile Davis, all seem like guys that are not very explosive.
I hate to say it but I wouldn't be willing to trade Randle for any one of them straight up so how can I get too excited...are they an upgrade to a anyone we have but Dunbar...even Dunbar is more dangerous out of the backfield on 3rd and 10.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Real question. If he's that good, why did the SeaChickens not put him on PUP.. Instead they waived him, knowing there's a good chance he won't return. People are still grasping at straws here.

Possible ligament damage.

Aven8

Reaction score
Upper ankle sprain on a RB? That has lingering forever written all over it. I'll pass.

bodi

Reaction score
I 'd take Davis in a second

he ran 4,37 40
10 yd split 1.5
20 yd split 2.5

Reactions: BAT

superonyx

Reaction score
I 'd take Davis in a second

he ran 4,37 40
10 yd split 1.5
20 yd split 2.5

What about his 2 seasons in the NFL where he only averages 3.5 ypc over 200 carries and 4 fumbles?
The more we see these guys with awesome speed and great size continue to struggle just shows the most important part of success in the NFL is the one thing you can't measure...vision...

It's a concern that Davis can struggle so much when the guy above him has tore up the league behind the same line with the same offense...

conner01

Reaction score
Why sign a guy who can't play
When he can play then he might be worth looking at
Then you only pay him from that point on

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
If his ankle injury is not that bad then would like to see him brought in.

Reaction score
What about his 2 seasons in the NFL where he only averages 3.5 ypc over 200 carries and 4 fumbles?
The more we see these guys with awesome speed and great size continue to struggle just shows the most important part of success in the NFL is the one thing you can't measure...vision...

It's a concern that Davis can struggle so much when the guy above him has tore up the league behind the same line with the same offense...

And Davis is a premier KR. He would be my #2 choice, with Michael #1.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Why sign a guy who can't play
When he can play then he might be worth looking at
Then you only pay him from that point on

Exactly, he isn't near good enough to sign just to stash for 6 weeks.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Too late for PUP.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seattle placed him on IR

Did he pass through waivers or did he go straight to IR? Some teams will put those players out to see if a team will claim them and pick up their salary, but at this time they don't have to pass through waivers and can go straight to IR.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Did he pass through waivers or did he go straight to IR? Some teams will put those players out to see if a team will claim them and pick up their salary, but at this time they don't have to pass through waivers and can go straight to IR.

Straight to IR, Rappaport was premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.