Turkey Day with the family meant spending a day with Cowboy haters!

robjgrif

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but for me Turkey Day and Christmas means spending time with Cowboys Haters in socal! I grew in Fort Worth, my relatives are from Illinois and local to San Diego. As you can figure out, that makes them Bear and Charger fans. All day long, all I heard was, "why do the Cowboys always play on Thanksgiving?" or "This team has no class", "Why are they America's Team?", and of course, "Why can't the Cowboys pick on someone their own size!" ***???? I got soooo mad I told the last person who open his mouth I was about to stuff him in the trash can! lol. Thank God the Boyz won or I would have been run out of the house.

SSWilliams31

Reaction score
That's exactly why i watch Cowboy games by myself ... i can't deal with people around me talking

Ren

Reaction score
Some of the things cowboys hater say goes far beyond stupidity, i stopped going to sports bars to watch the cowboys as i have gotten just way to tired of listening to it, If i wanted to listen to the same regurgitated BS week inn and week out i'd watch Skip Bayless

robjgrif

Reaction score
SSWilliams31;2448737 said:
That's exactly why i watch Cowboy games by myself ... i can't deal with people around me talking

I usually do this myself, but unfortunately, it's unavoidable for me on these days. Oh well, I make it a point to sport my got five, we do shirt! They really love that!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
robjgrif;2448755 said:
I usually do this myself, but unfortunately, it's unavoidable for me on these days. Oh well, I make it a point to sport my got five, we do shirt! They really love that!

See you go about this all wrong.....You are a flippin Cowboys fan. You are the Alpha fan on holidays. I have no idea why Bears and Chargers fans hate the Cowboys....but whatever. We don't really have a rivalry with either of them.

As far as us always playing on Thanksgiving....well you should have merely said Dallas = ratings. Even though that isn't the real reason, it is good enough to piss em off. Even when Dallas sucks, they draw higher ratings than almost any other team.

About the Bears, Matt Forte is a nice RB. Hester is a great KR. Orton is a promising young TE. Gould is a solid K. The rest of that offense sucks. The defense has been pretty good, but not as dominant as the last few years. The team is still boring to watch, other than a few key players.

As for the Chargers. They go out of their way to find ways to lose games. Rivers is highly overrated. Their defense isn't anywhere near as good as it was with Wade. The offense has so many weapons, and yet has completely underachieved this year. This team at the beginning of the season was the most talented team on paper, and yet they will most likely miss the playoffs. Has SD ever won a championship in any pro sport?

you needed to put them in their place. The Bears are one of the most storied franchises, pre-1960. And since the dawn of the SB, they have been great on a handful of occasions. the Chargers have made a handful of great runs as well, but otherwise, they have been a middle of the pack team.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
yep, i get that a lot too. specially when the boyz' lose tho'. i'll get calls personally from fam members asking me for the score...just to bug me.

and i too watch games by myself...i cant stand people talkin about random thing while the game is on. i juss want them to shut up, and since its impossible , thats why i do wut i do. lol

Spectre

Reaction score
robjgrif;2448717 said:
I don't know about you guys, but for me Turkey Day and Christmas means spending time with Cowboys Haters in socal! I grew in Fort Worth, my relatives are from Illinois and local to San Diego. As you can figure out, that makes them Bear and Charger fans. All day long, all I heard was, "why do the Cowboys always play on Thanksgiving?" or "This team has no class", "Why are they America's Team?", and of course, "Why can't the Cowboys pick on someone their own size!" ***???? I got soooo mad I told the last person who open his mouth I was about to stuff him in the trash can! lol. Thank God the Boyz won or I would have been run out of the house.
That's nothing.
I live in Virginia.
My whole day was surrounded by countless Commanders fans of all ages. And they were all wearing their jerseys... why? (they didn't play today?)
Every year... at every family function.
The one guy who isn't a Commanders fan?... an Eagles fan.

But these events are what groomed me into embracing 'the star'.
I love it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Spectre;2448787 said:
That's nothing.
I live in Virginia.
My whole day was surrounded by countless Commanders fans of all ages. And they were all wearing their jerseys... why? (they didn't play today?)
Every year... at every family function.
The one guy who isn't a Commanders fan?... an Eagles fan.

But these events are what groomed me into be a Dallas fan.
I love it.

My relatives in Denver are die-hard Broncos fans. They hate the Chargers and Raiders with a passion, but guess who's their NEXT CLOSEST hated team? Yup-Dallas.

I also lived in New Orleans for almost 20 years-Saints fans hate the Falcons, but believe it or not, they hate Dallas more.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Back when Garrett had one of the best thrid stringer starts in league history against Green Bay on Thanksgiving, I had to spend it with 49ers' fans. Since I was a guest I had to cheer on the inside in my mind so I wouldn't be rude. The whole house of 49ers' fans were pissed, because they expected Green Bay to destroy us since Garrett was starting. :D

Spectre

Reaction score
believe me when I say this...

Commanders fans hate the Cowboys more than they like the Commanders.

It is the absolute truth.

I hear more anti-Dallas comments from them all year, every year, than I hear pro-Washington banter. Even amongst theirselves.

They are completely and totally obsessed with the Cowboys.
They don't care about the Commanders' success or future.
All they care about is beating Dallas, finishing better than Dallas, and/or seeing Dallas struggle.

It is the God's honest truth and it is utterly pathetic.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Spectre;2448804 said:

I hear more anti-Dallas comments from them all year, every year, than I hear pro-Washington banter. Even amongst theirselves.

They don't care about their team's success or future.
All they care about is beating Dallas, finishing better than Dallas, and/or seeing Dallas struggle.

hopefully they lose vs. the giants. and next week we get another Win @ stealers.

I WANNA SEE THEM THROW UP!...:laugh2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Spectre;2448804 said:

Do your Eagles fans friends behave the same way, FWIW?

I'm no fan of Owens either, but remember the 1st meeting Owens had with his former team in Philly in '06-the fans were publicly getting together in the street to burn his former Eagles jersey, the WIP guys were asking Eagles defensive players if they would cripple him, when Lito made that game-clinching INT return at the end, the fans(the ones watching from their tvs at home et al) were celebrating like Osama Bin Laden was (finally)captured.

Like I said-like you, I'm no fan of Owens either, but this is pretty sick behavior on their part. With us Dallas fans, if we beat the Eagles, it's just MERELY beating the Eagles like any other opponent, not like we won the Super Bowl or anything.

Spectre

Reaction score
The Eagles fans I know don't obsess over the Cowboys the way the Skins do.
They hate Dallas with a passion too but they are too busy whining about their own team to hate on anyone elses's. (as it should be)

Eagles fans are the biggest Eagles haters.

Fmart322

Reaction score
live in the Philly area so I can relate. A lot of Eagles fans, some Commanders and Giants fans mixed in to. On Turkey day nobody bothers with me unless they lose. Usually they don't. Anyhow, I leave at halftime and watch the 2nd half at home because dinners finished by then. This year, the eagles fans had NOTHING to say with what happened last week with Mcnabb.

robjgrif

Reaction score
Biggems;2448778 said:
See you go about this all wrong.....You are a flippin Cowboys fan. You are the Alpha fan on holidays. I have no idea why Bears and Chargers fans hate the Cowboys....but whatever. We don't really have a rivalry with either of them.

As far as us always playing on Thanksgiving....well you should have merely said Dallas = ratings. Even though that isn't the real reason, it is good enough to piss em off. Even when Dallas sucks, they draw higher ratings than almost any other team.

About the Bears, Matt Forte is a nice RB. Hester is a great KR. Orton is a promising young TE. Gould is a solid K. The rest of that offense sucks. The defense has been pretty good, but not as dominant as the last few years. The team is still boring to watch, other than a few key players.

As for the Chargers. They go out of their way to find ways to lose games. Rivers is highly overrated. Their defense isn't anywhere near as good as it was with Wade. The offense has so many weapons, and yet has completely underachieved this year. This team at the beginning of the season was the most talented team on paper, and yet they will most likely miss the playoffs. Has SD ever won a championship in any pro sport?

you needed to put them in their place. The Bears are one of the most storied franchises, pre-1960. And since the dawn of the SB, they have been great on a handful of occasions. the Chargers have made a handful of great runs as well, but otherwise, they have been a middle of the pack team.

Don't worry, I did my part sending verbal jabs back their way... The main problem in my situation is that I usually have no backup :( But it's all good. Anyhow, I how lived all over the country due to my military service. And common demoninator I have seen is that other team's fans generally hate the Cowboys.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I built a man cave up stairs in my house. I have a 54" HD TV, wet bar with a small fridge and microwave. Even my own cabinets with my choice of foods.
I tell my wive if she must have her family here on holidays they won't see me.:)

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Biggems;2448778 said:

Wow....... those are two sets of fans who shouldn't be saying a word. A Charger fan was ripping on the Cowboys???

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Spectre;2448804 said:

Agreed.

I will also take it one step further.
Non-Cowboys fans have THAT MUCH hate also.

And.. furthermore... non football fans will say something like "oh, I dont like the Cowboys... I hate them" - I ASK WHY? they reply... I dont know I just dont like them.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
robjgrif;2448717 said:
This team has no class...I got soooo mad I told the last person who open his mouth I was about to stuff him in the trash...

Classy...

I love when people claim that Skins fans hate Dallas more then they love the Skins. One question. And I want an answer:

Are you that arrogantly self-centered?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2449021 said:
Classy...

I love when people claim that Skins fans hate Dallas more then they love the Skins. One question. And I want an answer:

Are you that arrogantly self-centered?

:confused: