Turkey Day with the family meant spending a day with Cowboy haters!

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Spectre;2448804 said:
believe me when I say this...

Commanders fans hate the Cowboys more than they like the Commanders.

It is the absolute truth.

I hear more anti-Dallas comments from them all year, every year, than I hear pro-Washington banter. Even amongst theirselves.

They are completely and totally obsessed with the Cowboys.
They don't care about the Commanders' success or future.
All they care about is beating Dallas, finishing better than Dallas, and/or seeing Dallas struggle.

It is the God's honest truth and it is utterly pathetic.

That is correct. I have noticed this for many years.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2449040 said:

I'm sorry Bob, I used a word more then two syllables. Here:

Arrogant: having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride.

Are Cowboys fans that arrogant? Their team is so *******ed important that Skins fans would rather the Skins lose to see the Cowboys lose?

You can't possibly be serious!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2449050 said:

Arrogant: having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride.

Are Cowboys fans that arrogant? Their team is so *******ed important that Skins fans would rather the Skins lose to see the Cowboys lose?

I still fail to see how making an observation means a person is being arrogant

self-centered especially

maybe Commanders fans he encounters only give him **** about being a Cowboy fan as opposed to proclaiming the Commander's greatness which would be stupid anyways since you all know the Commanders are an inferior team

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2449056 said:
I still fail to see how making an observation means a person is being arrogant

self-centered especially

You mean other then it's blatantly untrue? This is the post here:

Spectre said:

I hear more anti-Dallas comments from them all year, every year, than I hear pro-Washington banter. Even amongst theirselves.

All they care about is beating Dallas, finishing better than Dallas, and/or seeing Dallas struggle.

It's clearly NOT the God's honest truth and one fan's self-aggrandizing perception.

When you're totally self-centered, you firmly believe everyone is obsessed with you, talks about you, yadda, yadda, yadda. Most Cowboys fans in this area are so obsessed with their own and their team's importance they believe that Skins fans would have the Skins fail to see the Boys fail. This is the very definition of arrogance and self-centeredness.

You poll Commanders fans, 98% of them would probably react very poorly to that assessment. The other 2% (won't name names, but I am sure you know a few Skins fans that fall into this category -- Cowboys fans too). They also probably think Ware is overrated and Campbell is better then Romo...

you have to admit that alot of Commander fans take great pleasure in the misfortune of the Cowboys, and viceversa

Right, that's the very nature of the rivalry. However would you rather see the Cowboys fail to see the Skins fail?

I for one would rather see the Skins win, Cowboys win. Then the Skins lose, Cowboys lose.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
maybe Commanders fans he encounters only give him **** about being a Cowboy fan as opposed to proclaiming the Commander's greatness
Or maybe he brings it on himself by being a loud-mouth *******?
which would be stupid anyways since you all know the Commanders are an inferior team

We shall see come season's end. It's going to be a tight race. December is here and the Cowboys have a brutal schedule. We'll see.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Spectre;2448804 said:

Co-sign on this. 100% Truth coming from someone born and raised in the DC Metro area in a skins family.. who lived there for 32 years. Plus I'm a member of ES. :laugh2:

BTW... Turkey day has always been the same for me. Nothin' but skins and Ravens fan while I'm the sole Boys fan.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;2449098 said:
Co-sign on this. 100% Truth coming from someone born and raised in the DC Metro area in a skins family.. who lived there for 32 years. Plus I'm a member of ES. :laugh2:

BTW... Turkey day has always been the same for me. Nothin' but skins and Ravens fan while I'm the sole Boys fan.

I will agree that there are SOME fans (THA, you know as well as I do who they are...) But to apply this to Skins fans in general. If you really believe that, you're a bigger homer and more delusional then the one's who post teh Cowboys articles in ATN on ES.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2449021 said:
Classy...

I love when people claim that Skins fans hate Dallas more then they love the Skins. One question. And I want an answer:

Are you that arrogantly self-centered?

Sonny#9;2449050 said:

Yet here you are. All pissed off..............thanks for proving Spectre's post. Way to go. He was Dead. Nuts. On.

:mule:

Seven

Reaction score
Sonny#9;2449089 said:
Or maybe he brings it on himself by being a loud-mouth *******?

Pot. Meet kettle.

Sonny#9;2449089 said:
We shall see come season's end. It's going to be a tight race. December is here and the Cowboys have a brutal schedule. We'll see.

Way to go out on a limb.............you're brimming with confidence.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I don't allow my family Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving. Never have, even since I was a little boy. That Thursday is Cowboygiving Day and they can work their damn selves right around that event if they want me to be flexible the other days of the year. :) This year we did it Wednesday night and I did chili yesterday with the game and had Cowboy people over.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Sonny#9;2449021 said:
I love when people claim that Skins fans hate Dallas more then they love the Skins. One question. And I want an answer:

I can only go by the skins fans I have personally met in my lifetime. Of those, the majority do hate Dallas more than they love the skins. I even got a couple of them to admit it.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Seven;2449170 said:
Yet here you are. All pissed off..............thanks for proving Spectre's post. Way to go. He was Dead. Nuts. On.

:mule:

And how many link to ES show up on here? Way more then CZ links show up there, I can tell you that much. And, there are numerous Cowboys jerseys at FedEx, when the Cowboys aren't playing. What does that tell you?

The only time I talk about the Cowboys is when there are Cowboys fans starting ****. Really.

Again -- how much is brought on by you guys? I am willing to bet you are all just victims of the hatred of Commanders fans.

There isn't a more self-obsessed group of fans then Cowboys fans.

Seven

Reaction score
Sonny#9;2449214 said:
And how many link to ES show up on here? Way more then CZ links show up there, I can tell you that much. And, there are numerous Cowboys jerseys at FedEx, when the Cowboys aren't playing. What does that tell you?

The only time I talk about the Cowboys is when there are Cowboys fans starting ****. Really.

Again -- how much is brought on by you guys? I am willing to bet you are all just victims of the hatred of Commanders fans.

There isn't a more self-obsessed group of fans then Cowboys fans.

Hey. All I said is you proved a point. And here you are again............the rest is ALL you, pal. Keep 'em coming.

The next time one of the Skins' players is whining in an interview, on camera, in the locker room. I'm gonna just say "He pulled a Sonny."

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Seven;2449244 said:
Hey. All I said is you proved a point. And here you are again............the rest is ALL you, pal. Keep 'em coming.

The next time one of the Skins' players is whining in an interview, on camera, in the locker room. I'm gonna just say "He pulled a Sonny."

Yep I'm here. I have been here for a while...you made no point considering there are more Cowboys fans on ES then there are here. What does that tell you? There are FAR more links to ES here then links to CZ there. What does that tell you? How many "Hey look at stupid Commanders fans!" are posted by some of the "fans" here? What does that tell you?

Yes it's Commanders players on camera..."crying" that's my quarterback, man. It isn't fair...:laugh1:

You're pathetic dude. You're so obsessed with the Commanders you can't help but respond.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Sonny#9;2449260 said:
Yep I'm here. I have been here for a while...you made no point considering there are more Cowboys fans on ES then there are here. What does that tell you? There are FAR more links to ES here then links to CZ there. What does that tell you? How many "Hey look at stupid Commanders fans!" are posted by some of the "fans" here? What does that tell you?

Yes it's Commanders players on camera..."crying" that's my quarterback, man. It isn't fair...:laugh1:

You're pathetic dude. You're so obsessed with the Commanders you can't help but respond.

There was a Commander fan who used the handle Sonny#1 on the old Austin360.com Cowboys board. Was that you? We used to have some fun debates in the 90s.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2449272 said:
There was a Commander fan who used the handle Sonny#1 on the old Austin360.com Cowboys board. Was that you? We used to have some fun debates in the 90s.

No -- wasn't me.

Don't get me wrong -- I definitely enjoy talking football -- and usually ignore the more..."special" members of our respective fanbases. But some comments are so annoying, I have to respond. This is one of them...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Ok here is the deal.....down here in San Antonio, we will build ourselves a plush, state of the art 85-90,000 seat retractable roof football stadium. I am talking two levels of luxury boxes, new turf field, leveled parking garage (why waste space), etc. They could keep the Charger name....cause we could call it the Valero Charger Dome.

We will then go to SD and tell the owner that we have a beautiful new venue for them to play their home games in....or they can continue to play at their hellhole of a venue.

Then once we steal SDs football team, cause their fans won't sign off on a new stadium, you can go back to your family during Christmas and ask them how their football team is doing.........oh wait, nevermind, they are San Antonio's team now...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

robjgrif

Reaction score
Biggems;2449378 said:
Ok here is the deal.....down here in San Antonio, we will build ourselves a plush, state of the art 85-90,000 seat retractable roof football stadium. I am talking two levels of luxury boxes, new turf field, leveled parking garage (why waste space), etc. They could keep the Charger name....cause we could call it the Valero Charger Dome.

We will then go to SD and tell the owner that we have a beautiful new venue for them to play their home games in....or they can continue to play at their hellhole of a venue.

Then once we steal SDs football team, cause their fans won't sign off on a new stadium, you can go back to your family during Christmas and ask them how their football team is doing.........oh wait, nevermind, they are San Antonio's team now...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Already been done! I call them the San Antionio Chargers all the time. They hate it!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
robjgrif;2449546 said:
Already been done! I call them the San Antionio Chargers all the time. They hate it!

yes, but this time it would be for real....not just some bogus jab....i mean since they would actually be the San Antonio Chargers...it would cut em to the bone.