Turner should be hot prospect

jem88

Reaction score
abersonc;1377757 said:
Signing a guy like Turner as a #1 could be a HUGE mistake for a team.

The guy has been effective but we are talking about being effective over 157 carries TOTAL in three years.

His numbers get a HUGE boost from backing up LT. He gets teams that LT has already beaten down -- 71% of his career carries are in the 2nd half with 50% of them being in the 4th quarter. He has a total of 26 carries when the team is behind or tied but 43 carries (about 27% total) when SD has a lead of >15 points.

Here's a guy who comes in when SD has a lead and the D is worn down. He's a good garbage time back but hasn't shown much else.
Agreed. Teams should always beware the backup with big numbers.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Biggems;1377140 said:
lots of teams out there need a RB....and Turner seems like a #1 type back...

Houston - pass on Bush and sign Dayne....CLASSIC
Cleveland - droughns would make a great backup
Oakland - i can't believe they gave Lamont all that money
NY Jets - they have a nice stable, but no true #1
NY Giants - no more Tiki
Carolina - can Foster ever stay healthy
Philadelphia - Westbrook is a great Meggett type...but they need a true #1
Green Bay - Green is old and near the end of the line
Detroit - same issue as Carolina.....can they keep Jones healthy
Baltimore - Lewis is wearing down and they let Chester Taylor leave last year

now how about this scenario....

What if we traded Jones to one of these teams for a 2nd or 3rd round pick......and also signed Michael Turner?

I would build a bobble head doll in your likeness Biggems and display it on my Big Screen TV if this senerio actually happen--you would be da man!

I love Turner and he will be a great starting running back!

Wade just may push for this signing because he has seen Turner cause his 3-4 defense headaches in practice the past 3 years--I am sure......:starspin

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jem88;1378439 said:
Agreed. Teams should always beware the backup with big numbers.

Hes not a typical backup. Michael Turner has the skills to be a #1.

The guy produced in college bigtime and was a pretty much a one man team.

I was shocked he went where he went in the draft and so far he has shown no signs that he cant play on this level.

Turner has produced on every level and the guy has earned a shot as a teams #1 runningback and I would be shocked if he isnt at least as good as someone like Rudy Johnson.

Turner deserves a chance. Just hope its not with Philly or New York.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He runs behind one of the best OL's in the game in SD. Can he do that somewhere else?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1378468 said:
He runs behind one of the best OL's in the game in SD. Can he do that somewhere else?

Dunno but hes had success on every level and definetely deserves a shot by now.

Hes earned it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Biggems;1377140 said:
lots of teams out there need a RB....and Turner seems like a #1 type back...

Houston - pass on Bush and sign Dayne....CLASSIC
Cleveland - droughns would make a great backup
Oakland - i can't believe they gave Lamont all that money
NY Jets - they have a nice stable, but no true #1
NY Giants - no more Tiki
Carolina - can Foster ever stay healthy
Philadelphia - Westbrook is a great Meggett type...but they need a true #1
Green Bay - Green is old and near the end of the line
Detroit - same issue as Carolina.....can they keep Jones healthy
Baltimore - Lewis is wearing down and they let Chester Taylor leave last year

now how about this scenario....

What if we traded Jones to one of these teams for a 2nd or 3rd round pick......and also signed Michael Turner?

Michael Turner will be a star. I totally agree with you. After watching this guy do his thing I am convinced beyond any reasonable doubt. The team that nabs him will have done themselves righteous.

bayarealightning

Reaction score
I will say this, whoever ends up with Michael "The Burner" Turner is going to have one hell of a RB on their hands. The word is that the Jets are interested, but I would hate to see him stay in the AFC. If anyone thinks that Turner is just a back-up, ask any Patriots fan. I have still yet to see a Patriot tackle the guy. You can also ask Bear fans who saw Turner chew them up in a brief stint in the pre-season (remember, L.T. doesn't play in the pre-season). Turner ran over 4 or 5 Bears to a huge gain and was then taken out of the game. All I know is that he always has long runs and he is a bizitch to bring down. That being said, it's going to cost a team to sign him or trade for him. I see A.J. Smith placing a 1st round tender on him to keep some teams interested (a 1st and a 3rd tender will not result in a signing and we would probably not receive a 1st rounder in a trade - teams need to bid against themselves!:) )

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
bayarealightning;1378636 said:
I will say this, whoever ends up with Michael "The Burner" Turner is going to have one hell of a RB on their hands. The word is that the Jets are interested, but I would hate to see him stay in the AFC. If anyone thinks that Turner is just a back-up, ask any Patriots fan. I have still yet to see a Patriot tackle the guy. You can also ask Bear fans who saw Turner chew them up in a brief stint in the pre-season (remember, L.T. doesn't play in the pre-season). Turner ran over 4 or 5 Bears to a huge gain and was then taken out of the game. All I know is that he always has long runs and he is a bizitch to bring down. That being said, it's going to cost a team to sign him or trade for him. I see A.J. Smith placing a 1st round tender on him to keep some teams interested (a 1st and a 3rd tender will not result in a signing and we would probably not receive a 1st rounder in a trade - teams need to bid against themselves!:) )

I agree with you on everything you said about Turner but please never use anything that goes on in a pre-season game to evaluate anything about a team or player.

bayarealightning

Reaction score
I was talking about their frontline starters against our frontline starters. The schemes may be vanilla, but running over 4 or 5 Bear defenders on the way to a 60 yrd. run is a banana split with all of the toppings. I don't care if it was a walk through, their starters were trying to tackle "The Burner" and got straight run over!