"Turning Point" in the Giants Game

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Giants had way more injuries than us, and we couldnt beat them until Collins went down. Really says we have issues.

We blew them out. And missed two FGs and an extra point prior to that. With Elliott suspended. And our fans still aren’t happy with the win. What exactly were you hoping to see? Winning by 50?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Thanks O.P. for that cool 5 minute review,,, I'd really like to point out that our guys on the D were keying up & unloading with a purpose ,totally unlike 3-4 games back, it was pretty impressive to me,that single possession first quarter was kind of an anomaly if you think about it.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak said something I've been saying for a while .. they don't throw that forward slant very often .. and they need to do it a lot more. If you hit the receiver while he is already running toward the end zone, it usually leaves one man to beat (the safety) and given how teams have been crowding the line all season against the Cowboys, odds are good the safety will be up too far or out of position like he was on that 80 yard play to Rod Smith.

I've been screaming for them to line Switzer up on the other side from Beasley.

You want to back some linebackers away from the line of scrimmage real fast that'll do it

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
We blew them out. And missed two FGs and an extra point prior to that. With Elliott suspended. And our fans still aren’t happy with the win. What exactly were you hoping to see? Winning by 50?
Same crap we heard from pretty much the same group when we were 13-3 last year, which nobody, including themselves saw coming.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The moment the Giants were worn down by the OL.

Our approach is always to beat the D into submission. It is harder without Zeke. That's not inept - it is the reality of missing an elite player

I agree. There was a nice long run by Morris that was called back by a Witten hold. If not for the hold the rout would have been on about 1/2 quarter sooner. I knew that our offense had them at that point. I was not sure that the Defense would continue to hold though.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

its ok, for you its great, yay the team won, for some of us, we look to see why. Sorry if im not impressed the Cowboys couldnt put away a 2 win team themselves. but you go on being impressed. the rest of us are looking at facts.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
its ok, for you its great, yay the team won, for some of us, we look to see why. Sorry if im not impressed the Cowboys couldnt put away a 2 win team themselves. but you go on being impressed. the rest of us are looking at facts.

When you say ‘the rest of us,’ do you have a couple of mice in your pockets?

It was what it was: a dominating win against a bad team. If the facts you’re looking at suggest otherwise, they aren’t good facts.