Turnovers, dropped balls Drive killing machines

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Football is a pretty basic sport. If yours beats theirs, you usually win. In this case, theirs whooped ours and I mean the OL play. When your 5 can't beat their 4 on a regular basis, it makes for a very long night. That lets 7 cover 4, that's a numbers game that favors the D. Throw in some fumbles, key drops, key misfires by the QB, and key penalties and the 1 sack given up couldn't have been at worse time through out the game. It just wasn't our night. Time to move on. Will be interested to see how the OL bounces back, they should be embarrassed by their showing Sunday night.

ESisback

Reaction score
He threw an interception last week in the same situation. So no we don't know that

We don’t really know anything! We’re ALL just speculators! But based on the past, who would YOU lay money on in that situation?

ESisback

Reaction score
I'd say off hand them controlling the LOS on both sides of the ball was the deciding factor. Very very tough to win when that happens.

Yeah, I think Big Fred would like to have that game back. We don’t hear any more about Zach’s back either. Is that a factor? Also, I worry about Tyron.

Despite the bad game from the OL, the offense gone bland, the 2 uncharacteristic fumbles, a couple of drops, and two BAD interference calls, we lost to a really good team in their house BY TWO POINTS.

I remember regular season BLOWOUTS during our glory years. People overreact too much. Let’s see how they bounce back!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We don’t really know anything! We’re ALL just speculators! But based on the past, who would YOU lay money on in that situation?
Last time we played in Green Bay Prescott won so yeah I think we can win. Especially with the little bit more incentive because we're pissed now

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I will start with the OL. We pay them big money to set the tone. They did nothing of the sort. Then I go to Zeke. I will blame Dak for taking that horrendous sack to start the final drive. You absolutely can not take a sack that deep in your own territory with no timeouts and that time left. Just killer.

And the OL was so bad, they did not even give him enough time to set and heave the ball on his last throw. And this was against a very light rush. He had to throw it on the run without his feet even set.

Offense crapped the bed big time.

I will say this, though. Defense allowing that 9min drive right after we took the lead was pretty bad. But they did give the offense the ball back twice in the last 7min only needing a FG to win the game. 2 big sacks. And we did absolutely nothing.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait a minute, are you saying it's execution, not the play calling? Well, I never, what will they think of next.

Not only does play calling depend on execution from the skill players but it all begins with the OL. There isn't a section of any OC's play book titled "Plays to call when the OL is getting owned". The single most important element of any team is the OL when going into a hostile environment.

ESisback

Reaction score
Last time we played in Green Bay Prescott won so yeah I think we can win. Especially with the little bit more incentive because we're pissed now

Yeah, I think we can win too. As a matter of fact, I think we WILL win. My original point was that the percentages favor Rodgers. It usually seems to work out for Rodgers in the big games.