Twitter: Turpin scheduled to take all of his reps today

Staubacher

Reaction score
He was a pro bowl starter and players voted All-Pro. Can’t use the “everyone has talent” line when someone is obviously more talented than the average guy at his position.
We were talking about this year and he was overrated last year anyway. Point out the stats to me that show he is lighting it up this year

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Turp has big game speed and instincts, and if he finds his groove and gives us a few nice returns late season/post season, then he is worth more than we are paying him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This is bad news for the Deuce crowd who were predicting earth shattering things from him this season, because this could make him inactive for another game.
Deuce always made more sense for the PS this year. He gets his full value when's he's trained on the route tree and is a RB/WR. I never bought him as RB only but thought he looked like a very natural receiver. He was also practicing catching punts after college.

I think we'll get some good use out of him when he gets trained up.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Turp has big game speed and instincts, and if he finds his groove and gives us a few nice returns late season/post season, then he is worth more than we are paying him.
Not a huge endorsement given his UDFA contract is under 1mil per year.

We're really good at dumpster diving. Top end contracts, not so good. Probably has something to do with Jerry not being the dumpster diver.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Just watch him play man, it’s simple
Anotherwords, no.

I did see him run right into the punter in the playoffs last year when there was nothing but open field for a game changing TD.

That's some real talent there.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Just watch him play man, it’s simple
That's not allowed. Most of the folks on here don't "watch". They see whatever highlights their choice of content provider shows them & peruse the statistical madness for something that supports what they want to believe.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Deuce always made more sense for the PS this year. He gets his full value when's he's trained on the route tree and is a RB/WR. I never bought him as RB only but thought he looked like a very natural receiver. He was also practicing catching punts after college.

I think we'll get some good use out of him when he gets trained up.
I don’t think he’ll make the team next season. He doesn’t play special teams other than as a returner and he can’t block. Turpin has established himself as a terrific returner.

blueblood70

Reaction score
With the quick turnaround and the matchup, they could consider holding him out til Thurs.
I agree and given we're playing Carolina I'd let deuce Vaughn and get some more work I mean it's a perfect game and I also would like to see deuce get some more work in the offense... you never know when you're going to need that and one more week to get a shoulder back right,

I'd wait there is no rush to get him back... Just the reps off not only to get him healthy but his legs everything's going to be fresh come out on Thanksgiving Day and give us a win because I'm tired of losing on Thanksgiving...lol

817Gill

Reaction score
Anotherwords, no.

I did see him run right into the punter in the playoffs last year when there was nothing but open field for a game changing TD.

That's some real talent there.
Seeing as though you’re alone on this strange opinion of Turpin, I’ll let you keep on living in that fantasy land lol.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Seeing as though you’re alone on this strange opinion of Turpin, I’ll let you keep on living in that fantasy land lol.
I've simply stated facts. That you pereceive them as fantasy is your delusion, not mine

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don’t think he’ll make the team next season. He doesn’t play special teams other than as a returner and he can’t block. Turpin has established himself as a terrific returner.
Turpin won't be on his "rookie" contract forever. He'll be 29 as a RFA in 2025.

Deuce can be a PS player in reserve in case of a Turpin injury while he's working on his route running. I like the looks of him as a receiver. And with his quickness and low center of gravity he should be able to reliably get separation.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Turpin won't be on his "rookie" contract forever. He'll be 29 as a RFA in 2025.

Deuce can be a PS player in reserve in case of a Turpin injury while he's working on his route running. I like the looks of him as a receiver. And with his quickness and low center of gravity he should be able to reliably get separation.
I’m not buying into Deuce at the NFL level until we see it.