Signed by Cowboys Turpin signs 3 year deal

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a fan of signing a domestic abuser, no matter how fast he is.

I can understand anyone having that opinion. I have a lot of it myself. But for me, it’s balanced out by wanting to forgive someone for past mistakes (2018 in this case) and to give them a chance for redemption. I’d never want anyone to have their life forever ruined by a mistake, especially someone so young.

I would give him the chance to show that he’s learned and he’s changed. If he screws up again? Yeah, I’d be five with him too.

Carson

Reaction score
Reminds of Brandon Banks. He made a nice little career

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Like this move…really…and not just because he’s TCU. We need juice on STs without sacrificing a top WR etc.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Definitely a good signing in my opinion. This way Cedarius (CD) Lamb can focus solely on WR duties and not a have a tertiary role as KR. This kid Turpin should be our main KR and maybe even splash him in a few wildcats or something, I don't know lol.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This was a nice signing, and a timely one by Stephen, no doubt. Good to see he's doing his job decently, so far. Baby steps. :flagwave:

conner01

Reaction score
The NFL is trending towards bigger WRs in the slot.

Guys like CeeDee Lamb (6-2, 200).
I’m sure he will spend some time there
But when you go 3 or 4 wide I expect lamb to be outside
But we shall see
Turpin main role I think is gonna be return guy

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hopefully this means more than when Gregory said it.
But this kid looks good ..... I am looking forward to him contributing.

Gregory was/is an addict. People can say whatever they want about marijuana not being addictive, but when you keep getting suspended from your job because you can't quit smoking it, you're addicted. People can be addicted to just about anything. Hopefully, Turpin is not addicted to domestic violence since we've also seen that cycles of abuse can be hard to break.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He has size and age issues that don't favor him succeeding in the NFL. He also takes touches of the football away from Pollard who already doesn't get the ball in his hands enough. I would have only given him a 1-year contract to prove his worth.

gimmesix

Reaction score
He has size and age issues that don't favor him succeeding in the NFL. He also takes touches of the football away from Pollard who already doesn't get the ball in his hands enough. I would have only given him a 1-year contract to prove his worth.

It would still be my plan to use Pollard in the slot because he's a proven NFL contributor. However, there will be times when Pollard will be out of the game or will be in the backfield giving Elliott a rest. I'm not sure having Lamb, Tolbert and Washington out there as the three receivers during that time will be a better option than having Turpin in place of either Tolbert or Washington.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
We need a playmaker. The more the merrier and this young man seems like just the right type. I will root for him to make plays in every way that they can get him on the field.

gimmesix

Reaction score
What a stat.

Hate that we cut Ralston, but it didn't seem like he was likely to make the roster after we picked up Nall. If we keep a fullback, he's probably the one.

That's interesting. I didn't realize we had such a USFL pipeline.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Rookie udfa's typically sign 3 yr deals. Doesn't matter if they don't make the team.