Signed by Cowboys Turpin signs 3 year deal

quickccc

Reaction score
Dude is now the fastest guy on the team. He’ll be starting KR and probably have a shot at WR in preseason.

Looks like it depends upon the various reads .. thus far 've seen measurements from 4.29.. to 4.50 (Pro day) ..and height from 5'7 .. to 5'9'

Reactions: BAT

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Just think, chaps. We outsmarted 31 other teams to snag this game changer. 3 years? Hey, he's that good. The CFL doesn't deal in second-tier personnel!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no doubt that Turpin's diminutive size isn't the ideal physical makeup.

This team needed a dynamic punt returner badly enough to take that risk. :cool:

There's no doubt that most of us are hoping he'll remain forever free of injury.

Of course, in the physical sport of pro football, anything can and will happen!

I'd say the best we can do, as fans, is to keep fingers crossed and hopes up!

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
Hopefully he can make the squad as a PR/KR. But doesn't help our issue of needing a WR while Gallup is out the first month or so

rambo2

Reaction score
Just think, chaps. We outsmarted 31 other teams to snag this game changer. 3 years? Hey, he's that good. The CFL doesn't deal in second-tier personnel!
It's pretty obvious that he has excellent return skills and could be a good addition to the Cowboys.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Turpin will be OK.
Ranching is 5'4" and he does just fine.
I am 5'9" and was known as Andre that Giant in me Liverpool Square.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Dude is now the fastest guy on the team. He’ll be starting KR and probably have a shot at WR in preseason.
Stop it. He is quick and S.... but not fast as diarrhea
Pro Day Results
Dates: 03/29/19
Hand: 07 3/4 Arm: 29 5/8
Wingspan: 71 1/4

Height: 5087
Weight: 158
40 Yrd Dash: 4.50
20 Yrd Dash: 2.61
10 Yrd Dash: 1.65 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 02
Vertical Jump: 40
Broad Jump: 10'09"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.25
3-Cone Drill: 6.65

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not only does he have blazing speed but he can leap and has hands like Velcro, could this be our spread formation Beasley type guy....

AA106iYK.img

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I hope what he did in TCU/USFL translates. He's small but he has great "short area quickness" which is something the Cowboys could use. Cole had it and Tony Pollard has it. It would great if KaVontae could add to it.

Tom Brady had plenty of players like him (Amendola, Wes Welker, etc.) that were not necessarily burners but when they schemed to get them in open field, they had good YAC that not only moved the chains they went the distance several times (Unlike them, KeVontae also has 4.3 speed).

Even if he can be potent in the kicking game, giving Dak a short field more often than not helps this team.

I'm rooting hard for him to make this team.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I hope what he did in TCU/USFL translates. He's small but he has great "short area quickness" which is something the Cowboys could use. Cole had it and Tony Pollard has it. It would great if KaVontae could add to it.

Tom Brady had plenty of players like him (Amendola, Wes Welker, etc.) that were not necessarily burners but when they schemed to get them in open field, they had good YAC that not only moved the chains they went the distance several times (Unlike them, KeVontae also has 4.3 speed).

Even if he can be potent in the kicking game, giving Dak a short field more often than not helps this team.

I'm rooting hard for him to make this team.

He could be a really good slot option, he is small but he was small in College and was good at not taking full on hits. He is one of those guys that in bunch sets if the D gets caught in man he can hurt you very bad.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
He could be a really good slot option, he is small but he was small in College and was good at not taking full on hits. He is one of those guys that in bunch sets if the D gets caught in man he can hurt you very bad.
Oh absolutely! I'm wanting to see teams in a dime package and Kellen isolates him vs an unsuspecting LB in the open field. BBQ chicken time :laugh: