T'Vondre Sweat a legit 366 lbs

cnuball21

Reaction score
This is not going to be a popular opinion but I think I’m out on Sweat early…

There have been zero impact players over 350+ in the last 20 years or so and I’m struggling drafting an outlier with a premium pick.

Another unpopular opinion is we can’t give up on Mazi after 1 year. DTs usually take a few years so think it’s not great roster management using a premium picks in back to back years on a NT.

Blast away friends!

Creeper

Reaction score
Watching the DTs in at the combine yesterday, I would not be surprised if Sweat is gone in the first 20 picks. Guys like Sweat are not glamorous, but DC know they can get a lot done without putting up big numbers.

1942willys

Reaction score

There have been zero impact players over 350+ in the last 20 years or so and I’m struggling drafting an outlier with a premium pick.

Another unpopular opinion is we can’t give up on Mazi after 1 year. DTs usually take a few years so think it’s not great roster management using a premium picks in back to back years on a NT.

Blast away friends!
so we get him to weigh 349.

1942willys

Reaction score
That's not happening.
wherever he goes, he is going to be told to lose at least 15-20 lbs I bet. That would make a difference in his quickness.
And that is not enough to make any difference at all in his strength and ability to hold position or push up the middle.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Mazi went to Michigan
Michigan won championship
Mazi will help us win a Super Bowl

Hardline

Reaction score
wherever he goes, he is going to be told to lose at least 15-20 lbs I bet. That would make a difference in his quickness.
And that is not enough to make any difference at all in his strength and ability to hold position or push up the middle.
Sweat is the strongest player in the draft. Weight loss won't affect that and there is no evidence that a team would ask him to lose weight. It didn't affect his play in college. In fact it was as asset.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If dtackle is their 1st pick, I would trade back and take Sweat or Fiske.
I see the Cowboys YouTube community is afraid of picking another defensive tackle because of the Mazi experiment but to me defensive tackle is a bigger need than any offensive lineman or linebacker we might draft. The Cowboys have one defensive tackle that is at least average but the rest our flat out garbage.

TheDank

Reaction score

Blast away friends!
I don’t think the Pats were really weighing Vince Wilfork when he was listed at 330lbs. Guy has to be 350+ and I’m pretty sure a lot of vets just tell them their weight unless the staff is concerned about it.

Doesn’t mean you’re right or wrong on Sweat but I’d take any listed weights with a ton of salt.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don’t think the Pats were really weighing Vince Wilfork when he was listed at 330lbs. Guy has to be 350+ and I’m pretty sure a lot of vets just tell them their weight unless the staff is concerned about it.

Doesn’t mean you’re right or wrong on Sweat but I’d take any listed weights with a ton of salt.
Wilforks playing weight was 325…even if you think that’s conservative add 20 pounds and it’s still less than 366.

Players are likely looking to add / lose weight coming into the combine to combat concerns and Sweat came in at 366 so he’ll likely play even heavier.

rambo2

Reaction score
I see the Cowboys YouTube community is afraid of picking another defensive tackle because of the Mazi experiment but to me defensive tackle is a bigger need than any offensive lineman or linebacker we might draft. The Cowboys have one defensive tackle that is at least average but the rest our flat out garbage.
They for sure can use a Sweat or Fiske. It looks to me that they want to draft one.