Tweet Cowboy fans should be angry

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Ever think we just weren't quite good enough. Sure we could have won if a ton of things broke our way, but they didn't.

Danger

Reaction score
Ever think we just weren't quite good enough. Sure we could have won if a ton of things broke our way, but they didn't.

Agree. The Cowboys had plenty of oppurtunties to put away GB and they blew it. It shouldn't have even come down to an insane Dez catch.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nope. I truly believe this team had a real good shot to make it. They made some mistakes, sure. But it doesn't mean they weren't good enough. GB really did nothing to make me believe that they didn't belong on the same field. Cowboys had already beaten the Seahawks. Nothing they've shown me in the playoffs suggest the Cowboys didn't have just as good a chance to beat them again. Their offense has played embarrassing.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don't know. Hard to see how a team with amazing grit (Sherman and Thomas) and perhaps the premiere leader in the NFL (Wilson) loses to anyone ... Although if Garrett made calls like McCarthy made he'd have been fired by this board

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Nope. I truly believe this team had a real good shot to make it. They made some mistakes, sure. But it doesn't mean they weren't good enough. GB really did nothing to make me believe that they didn't belong on the same field. Cowboys had already beaten the Seahawks. Nothing they've shown me in the playoffs suggest the Cowboys didn't have just as good a chance to beat them again. Their offense has played embarrassing.

I never thought our D could stop GB for 60 minutes and they proved me right against a gimpy Rodgers. I knew we had a fighter's chance and even into the second half we had them on the ropes.

I just thought we were playing with House money. i count this season as a huge success and don't want to look back on it with a lot of negativity.

Doomsay

Reaction score
We would be an infinitely greater challenge to New England than Seattle will be, even with a healthy Sherman.

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
It's the NFL. Just because GB played the way they played 4/5 of the game, doesn't necessarily mean we would have played the exact same way. We've had a game or two where we should of blown someone out of the water (GB) and did not.

That being said, it hurts that we didn't get to see to find out.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think we would have had a very good chance in beating Seattle. Our run defense is actually better than our passing defense. Our oline can also out muuscle their defense and we didn't have to pass to win. We can actually run the ball with effectiveness against their defense.

Our psychology also plays a big part in this. We know we can beat them in their house. They also know that WE can beat them also.

Yes the Cowboys nation should be pissed by that call in Green Bay. There was no excuse for that overturned call which gave the victory to Green Bay on a silver platter. Shame on the NFL for not letting Rogers earn that victory and shame on them for taking away a REAL catch by Dez.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never thought our D could stop GB for 60 minutes and they proved me right against a gimpy Rodgers. I knew we had a fighter's chance and even into the second half we had them on the ropes.

I just thought we were playing with House money. i count this season as a huge success and don't want to look back on it with a lot of negativity.

What it comes down to is I had a bit more confidence in the defense than you did.

But even outside of that, I just think the team, as a whole, had shown so much resilience throughout the year, that I felt and still feel that they could ball with anyone on the field. They belonged in the playoffs. They didn't back their way in. They didn't luck into a spot in a bad division. They did what they had to do to win, so that's why I felt and still feel like they were good enough to the SB. No house money needed.

I do agree about not wanting to look back on the season negatively. It was absolutely a good season and the team did a lot for the fans to be proud of.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Maybe Eatman is just speaking as a fellow fan like us. We are ticked we got gipped on a bad reversal. Seattle played like poo and was only in the game because GB wasn't too hot either.

We were unlucky with playoff seeding too - beat Seattle in their house and we have to go to Lambeau while they stay home.

I hope the team stays ticked too and next year dominates and leaves nothing to chance.

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
You mean with 40 seconds left in the game and the clock running and a play downfield just ending?

Timeout was absolutely the right call.

How can JG know the spot is bad? In a split second after the play is run?

yah that is definitely a hindsight call. Personally i was calling TO as soon as the play ended. The lack of execution to get the first down is what got us.