Tweet Cowboy fans should be angry

Doomsay

Reaction score
You mean with 40 seconds left in the game and the clock running and a play downfield just ending?

Timeout was absolutely the right call.

How can JG know the spot is bad? In a split second after the play is run?

It was obvious that the spot was bad - you could see it on TV. Where you watching the game?

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Seattle would have been much more motivated to play us imo, seeing as how we were their only home loss.

rpntex

Reaction score
I do, they are weaker now than when we crushed them at home in week 6.

No, that's not true. Seattle was missing two starters on the defensive line and one on the offensive line when Dallas played them in week six. I still think Dallas beats them, but because Dallas is a better team than they were in week six, too.

sbark

Reaction score
Did anyone see Terry Bradshaw flat out tell Aaron Rogers .........they got lucky ...in the pregame game. Rogers seemed a little pissed, he replied to Bradshaw ---your better than that. Bradshaw didn't back down.

rpntex

Reaction score
To be fair, it probably wasn't even his call, the guys in the booth have the view. He had 3 TO's, that wasn't the time to use one.

Oh, good grief! They had a first down (soon to be reversed), 34 yards away from the end zone, and 40 seconds to play with. Under those circumstances, you're still thinking touchdown. Not calling a timeout would have wasted 10 to 15 seconds, which equates to to plays. Not taking a time out there drastically reduces your chance of getting in the end zone. That was the absolute right time to take a timeout.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought SEA had a good chance of knocking us off before that game, but, if they played as flat against the Cowboys as they did the Packers, I have very little doubt we'd be playing in the Super Bowl in two weeks. I was sick to my stomach watching that game.

rpntex

Reaction score
That's the whole point.

So, let me see if I've got this straight… Garrett is supposed to base the timeout call on the premise that the play will be overturned? Using that "logic", team should never throw the ball based on the premise that it might be incomplete were intercepted.

Doomsay

Reaction score
So, let me see if I've got this straight… Garrett is supposed to base the timeout call on the premise that the play will be overturned? Using that "logic", team should never throw the ball based on the premise that it might be incomplete were intercepted.

Think, and focus on the concept of "booth review". Incorporate down and distance and time outs available.... and you have a 6 point swing. It's almost like a gift.

rpntex

Reaction score
Think, and focus on the concept of "booth review".

So now you're saying that Garrett should base his decision to call timeout on the premise that the booth will stop the clock to review the play? If so, just how many seconds are going to run off before the booth stops the clock to review the play?

Did you ever hear the phrase "control what you can control"?

Doomsay

Reaction score
So now you're saying that Garrett should base his decision to call timeout on the premise that the booth will stop the clock to review the play?

yup

BTW, the booth didn't stop the clock, we did. They just took advantage of our naivete to reverse a favorable spot, that ultimately cost us 6 or 7 points.

rynochop

Reaction score
I think im still more peeved about that first down catch that clearly hit the ground that wasnt overturned. That one still blows me away, that rear view was not even close

rynochop

Reaction score
yup

BTW, the booth didn't stop the clock, we did. They just took advantage of our naivete.

They would have stopped the play anyway before we snapped the ball, it was that clear of a bad spot.