Twitter: Best and Worst pocket awareness per PFF

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I would say his greatest asset is being a top 10 passer and runner. Health is just the cherry on top.
Dak finished 9th overall in rushing vs all other QBS with 242 yds last season, close comparison was Fitz who finished at 10 with 228.
Dak finished 2nd in passing yds vs all other QBs last season, with only Jameis Winston finishing ahead of him.
So Winston number 1 in overall passing yds. 5109.
Dak number 2 in overall passing yds. 4901.
Can you see where this is leading?
I know stats, but I don't solely recognize stats as the definitive scale.
But many here do.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak finished 9th overall in rushing vs all other QBS with 242 yds last season, close comparison was Fitz who finished at 10 with 228.
Dak finished 2nd in passing yds vs all other QBs last season, with only Jameis Winston finishing ahead of him.
So Winston number 1 in overall passing yds.
Dak number 2 in overall passing yds.
But many here do.

Huh?

I didn't use yardage total as my basis, I'm just stating that Dak is a top 10 passer and rusher amongst QBs, and that him being healthy isn't a better asset than him simply being very good at the quarterback position.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Huh?

I didn't use yardage total as my basis, I'm just stating that Dak is a top 10 passer and rusher amongst QBs, and that him being healthy isn't a better asset than him simply being very good at the quarterback position.
and I just responded by saying that your order of reference is backwards.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
and I just responded by saying that your order of reference is backwards.
You're not making sense.

Order of reference? What?
And how does that correlate to this?
"Dak finished 9th overall in rushing vs all other QBS with 242 yds last season, close comparison was Fitz who finished at 10 with 228.
But many here do."

Again, all I'm saying is that Dak being great at the QB position is a bigger asset than his health at the position. Health is absolutely not his #1 asset, all I was doing was correcting that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You're not making sense.

Order of reference? What?
And how does that correlate to this?
"Dak finished 9th overall in rushing vs all other QBS with 242 yds last season, close comparison was Fitz who finished at 10 with 228.
But many here do."

Again, all I'm saying is that Dak being great at the QB position is a bigger asset than his health at the position. Health is absolutely not his #1 asset, all I was doing was correcting that.
Well If you refer to Dak as being great at the QB position, than you can never be convinced otherwise.
Pay grade does not reflect level of play at the QB position.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Well If you refer to Dak as being great at the QB position, than you can never be convinced otherwise.
Pay grade does not reflect level of play at the QB position.

Now you're bringing up pay, even though that's never been mentioned either.

Let's just drop it!

Eli was able to stay healthy but but hurt his team because he was bad at the QB position late in his career, being healthy doesn't mean a thing if you aren't good at the position. Luckily we don't have that issue. Hope that clears it up for ya!

Go cowboys!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Now you're bringing up pay, even though that's never been mentioned either.

Let's just drop it!

Eli was able to stay healthy but but hurt his team because he was bad at the QB position late in his career, being healthy doesn't mean a thing if you aren't good at the position. Luckily we don't have that issue. Hope that clears it up for ya!

Go cowboys!
But pay doesn't need to be mentioned, we all already know what the franchise tag pays.
Comparing Eli to Dak is as bad as comparing Lamar to Dak,,
Hope that clears it up for ya!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
But pay doesn't need to be mentioned, we all already know what the franchise tag pays.
Comparing Eli to Dak is as bad as comparing Lamar to Dak,,
Hope that clears it up for ya!
"Pay doesn't need to be mentioned" yet you were the one that just mentioned it... lol. Some started their 4th of July drinking very early! Respect.

Not making cohesive statements is worse than not saying anything at all,,,,,,

What was order of reference again?

khiladi

Reaction score
Seems like a pretty useless article, because sacks are not just generated by the guy they say is generating the pressure. The guy generating the pressure may not get a sack, but force the QB into getting sacked by another guy.

When you have Smith, Martin, Frederick and Collins, Smith may get beat leading to pressure on the left, but the other three won’t, meaning avoiding the sack is as easy as shifting to the right side.

If the line is suspect in multiple areas, it’s going to be way more difficult to avoid pressure, leading to a sack. Winston got sacked 47 times last year and his escape rate is up there with Dak by percentage.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
"Pay doesn't need to be mentioned" yet you were the one that just mentioned it... lol. Some started their 4th of July drinking very early! Respect.

Not making cohesive statements is worse than not saying anything at all,,,,,,

What was order of reference again?
It doesn't need to be mentioned, whats you point,, the tag is in place already.
Maybe your the one that's starting early.

Redline360

Reaction score
No suprise as the oline gives Dak forever(you know what I mean)to throw the ball. By the time the pocket breaks down Dak should have seen everything by then

Just as the stats show the top performers have stout olines for the most part

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It doesn't need to be mentioned, whats you point,, the tag is in place already.
Maybe your the one that's starting early.

Okay I'll help you.

1. If pay doesn't need to be mentioned like you said, why were you the one that brought up? "Pay grade does not reflect level of play at the QB position" were your exact words despite pay never being brought up.

2. You responded by saying my "order of reference is backwards". I've asked you twice, what were you actually trying to say? Because what you said made no sense.

If you haven't finished that last drink you should be able to answer these. If you can't answer these, then we will just drop it and forget that you posted what you did. Sound good?

I really am hoping I've cleared up things for you through this.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No suprise as the oline gives Dak forever(you know what I mean)to throw the ball. By the time the pocket breaks down Dak should have seen everything by then

It's pretty obvious you either can't read or chose not to read the article. Or else you'd understand why your comment is so silly.

The Falcons, Rams, Chargers, Vikings, Chiefs, and Bucs now have stout offensive lines? LMAO
On the other side Packers, Titans, Steelers, and Ravens have some of the best OLs yet their QBs are in the bottom 10.

khiladi

Reaction score
The PFF stats aren’t about which OL is better, it’s about QB escapability, meaning per the same publication you can have a great line but still be bad at escaping pressure. PFF actually ranks the Bucks as 7th best OL and Cowboys as 4. NE has consistently had great lines, and PFF has them at 10.

khiladi

Reaction score
And like I said, the actual case of the article is probably useless:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-data-study-sack-artist-pass-rushers

They seemed to be aimed at pressure generated by a SINGLE pass rusher. That isn’t how sacks work.

By looking at pressures instead of sacks, it was more than obvious that Lorenzo Alexander’s 2016 season — a season in which he led the league in sacks for a long time — was a fluke, as he suddenly turned 26% of his pressures into sacks.

From 2017-19, Alexander actually posted a higher pressure rate (15.4% compared to 13.1% in 2016), but he never came close to his 2016 sack rate (2.2% compared to 3.4% in 2016). This was because he reverted to turning only 14.6% of his pressures into sacks, a rate that was, coincidentally, precisely the league average from 2017-19.

Pressure leading to sacks isn’t just an individual performance. A person can pressure a QB into another defender for a sack to the latter’s credit.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

And the Cowboys aren't even in the top 10 in giving their quarterback "forever to throw the ball"

Lol

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
And like I said, the actual case of the article is probably useless:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-data-study-sack-artist-pass-rushers

They seemed to be aimed at pressure generated by a SINGLE pass rusher. That isn’t how sacks work.
Being able to escape a single pass rusher is a good thing, just by the way, and likely means you are better adapted to escape pressure from multiple pursuits.

Saying it is useless is pretty stupid. It gives us data in a scenario, maybe not every scenario, but a large sample size scenario.

If Dak was in the bottom 10 this article would be VERY important to you.

khiladi

Reaction score
And the Cowboys aren't even in the top 10 in giving their quarterback "forever to throw the ball"

Lol

This is another useless stat, because nobody knows how they qualify long developing pass plays. WRs could have finished their routes all the way down the field before it becomes a longer developing pass play.