Twitter: Best and Worst pocket awareness per PFF

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This is another useless stat, because nobody knows how they qualify long developing pass plays. WRs could have finished their routes all the way down the field before it becomes a longer developing pass play.
It's only useless if you don't have the ability to comprehend things. That's it. They define longer developing pass plays in the very article.

Saying everything is useless, just makes your posting useless if we are being honest.

khiladi

Reaction score
Being able to escape a single pass rusher is a good thing, just by the way, and likely means you are better adapted to escape pressure from multiple pursuits.

Saying it is useless is pretty stupid. It gives us data in a scenario, maybe not every scenario, but a large sample size scenario.

If Dak was in the bottom 10 this article would be VERY important to you.

I said it was PROBABLE useless and Brady can’t move worth a dime. And no, it doesn’t give us a large sample size scenario, because pressures leading to sacks by OTHER defensive linemen or blitzing DBs happens all the time, enough to significant effect the data.

khiladi

Reaction score
It's only useless if you don't have the ability to comprehend things. That's it. They define longer developing pass plays in the very article.

Saying everything is useless, just makes your posting useless if we are being honest.

It is useless for the case your trying to make regarding the Cowboys OL. What is the long developing pass play then?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I said it was PROBABLE useless and Brady can’t move worth a dime. And no, it doesn’t give us a large sample size scenario, because pressures leading to sacks by OTHER defensive linemen or blitzing DBs happens all the time, enough to significant effect the data.

One lineman gets pressure on his own ALL THE TIME, if you don't think that happens at a large sample size clip then you really have no need talking about the subject.

khiladi

Reaction score
Longer developing pass plays per the article, say they set the threshold to 3 seconds or above. And no QB has had average time to throw of 3 seconds or above, except 1 and that was Kirk Cousins, who BTW you claimed didn’t have a great line. Dak was among top with 2.88 seconds to throw.

Plus, a lot of Dallas routes are long routes at the top of the gate, meaning the deep throw is early in the route, meaning they could be trying to hit a 40 yarder under 3 seconds.

so how can one claim offensive blocking performance on this type of stat..

khiladi

Reaction score
One lineman gets pressure on his own ALL THE TIME, if you don't think that happens at a large sample size clip then you really have no need talking about the subject.

The stat is about pressure LEADING TO SACKS BY THE SAME INDIVIDUAL. They are not talking about just pressure or pressure leading to sacks by another defensive player which is PLENTY of DATA.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Longer developing pass plays per the article, say they set the threshold to 3 seconds or above. And no QB has had average time to throw of 3 seconds or above, except 1 and that was Kirk Cousins, who BTW you claimed didn’t have a great line. Dak was among top with 2.88 seconds to throw.

Plus, a lot of Dallas routes are long routes at the top of the gate, meaning the deep throw is early in the route, meaning they could be trying to hit a 40 yarder under 3 seconds.

so how can one claim offensive blocking performance on this type of stat..

Ahhh so you found where they defined it, I'm glad for you lmao.

So the article fit what I said exactly. It debunks the narrative they give Dak all day to throw.

Glad I could help you.

khiladi

Reaction score
Ahhh so you found where they defined it, I'm glad for you lmao.

So the article fit what I said exactly. It debunks the narrative they give Dak all day to throw.

Glad I could help you.

no, it didn’t fit exactly what you stated, because you have no clue how they are looking at the plays. If it was a broken down play and Dak ran into pressure, than you can’t blame the line.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The stat is about pressure LEADING TO SACKS BY THE SAME INDIVIDUAL. They are not talking about just pressure or pressure leading to sacks by another defensive player which is PLENTY of DATA.
THATS WHAT I JUST FCKING SAID

THERE IS PLENTY OF DATA OF A SINGLE DEFENDER GETTING PRESSURE AND EITHER A. TAKING DOWN THE QB B. HIS PRESSURE BEING EVADED

Being able to evade one defender is a POSITIVE thing, that in all likelihood means the player is better able to evade pressure from multiple pursuits. Why do I have to repeat myself with you people?

khiladi

Reaction score

THERE IS PLENTY OF DATA OF A SINGLE DEFENDER GETTING PRESSURE AND EITHER A. TAKING DOWN THE QB B. HIS PRESSURE BEING EVADED

Being able to evade one defender is a POSITIVE thing, that in all likelihood means the player is better able to evade pressure from multiple pursuits. Why do I have to repeat myself with you people?

No, you said

The point is, the data isn’t claiming that, meaning it misses out on a whole chunk of data. The QB could be escaping pressure from that one guy, like I said, because he has more space because of better blocking from multiple linemen. This would just show QB escapability from a single defender. But pressure leads to sacks from so many different people. Most defenders rarely register a sack a game.

Brax

Reaction score
Never said that. But you put 8-8 on him. You have to put 13-3 as well.
As a 4 year starter Dak carries the lions share of the 8-8 as it was a solid team around him, as I said he gets alot of the credit for the 13-3 that I attribute to a large degree to Zeke. My problem is 4 years in, 8-8 with the same HC, elite players at most all offensive positions a serviceable D so who do you put most of the responsibility to but the QB because it's the same HC as that 13-3 team you mention. This is the prove it year and all these stats mean nothing if it's 8-8 or 7-9 or there is no playoffs. Jerry loves Dak so somehow I believe he will be signed but lets end the excuses of why Dak can't get it done year in and out .

conner01

Reaction score
Brady is pretty amazing
The least athletic of the bunch but knows how to use his blocking so well

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
no, it didn’t fit exactly what you stated.

Lol it absolutely did. Glad I could teach you.

"Dak gets all day to throw" this is a measure of time allowed by the OL
"Here's a stat showing that Dal OL wasnt in the top 10 in allowing larger amounts of time to throw"

You-that's useless and doesnt help your argument LMAOOOOOOOO

Just give up while you're behind

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol it absolutely did. Glad I could teach you.

"Dak gets all day to throw" this is a measure of time allowed by the OL
"Here's a stat showing that Dal OL wasnt in the top 10 in allowing larger amounts of time to throw"

You-that's useless and doesnt help your argument LMAOOOOOOOO

Just give up while you're behind

Dak’s TTT is 2.88 which is one of the highest in the league. Against the Vikings FL he had 3.2 seconds to throw. He was sacked among the least in the league. Football Outsiders has them ranked top 3. PFF has them at 4.

That stat you claim to show, doesn’t show anything, because you have no idea how many long developing pass plays there were. It could be such a small sample size and further conflated bu the fact, Dallas runs plenty of longer routes at the top of the read. That means a WR has to come back to bail their QB out from farther distance. Even PFF mentions this type of play obfuscated they data.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Can you ever just have a discussion?
Does it always have to be a win win situation for your narrative?
One of the wisest human beings I have ever had the luxury of knowing told me something once, and I will always remember it.
Its never about how much time you spend trying to convince others that they are wrong, but how much time you take to listen.

khiladi

Reaction score
dak-best-deep-throw-week-7-vs-phi-cooper.gif

This is a long pass, man coverage, single safety.. Easy read. All the time in the world to block. The fake to Zeke freezes the safety and so does the inside route on the side of Cooper. Cooper is basically the first read from the go.

that’s still under 3 seconds...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Is there any stat Dak rates favorably in that the “I am not a Dak hater but” crowd can just accept without trying to explain why Dak sucks and the stat is wrong?