Twitter: Best QB performance vs playoff teams

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think anyone of these stats in isolation doesn’t really mean a lot. Dak is on a lot of these lists though, which I think says more.

It’s also important to recognize that Romo’s 4900 yard passing season resulted in an 8-8 season. We passed a lot during both of these seasons because we were behind in games — in other words neither team was that good.

It’s good to know Dak CAN pass for these many yards, but if we are a winning team he doesn’t have to. I don’t understand how someone looks at the team record to evaluate the ability of the QB.
You're right. To me, they are similar. I see gripes about Dak and garbage time stats and dropped interceptions. Romo had a ton of garbage time stats in 2012. For example, dang near the entire Thanksgiving Day game was garbage time. I also see complaints about dropped interceptions. Romo's adjusted interceptions for 2012 was still higher than Dak's. I think Romo's was 25 compared to Dak's 17. In my opinion, if you loved Romo you should love Dak and if you hated Romo you should hate Dak. It's fascinating to see a person treat one QB a certain way but treat the other QB oppositely.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I didn't sprint anywhere and i was talking about a stat, the debate was about the stat! Not my fault you posted a stat about your hero but i wasn't talking about your hero i was talking about the STAT and what went into it. When you figure out the definition of hypocrite get back to me, unless you want me to explain it to you

Lmao "didn't Dak lose to every playoff team" was attacking the stat? This is what you've had to resort to in order to try and save face from being a hypocrite?
"I also know that in some of those game our D gave up 17 points or less" How the hell could you possibly say your post was simply about the stat LMAOOOOOOOOOO:lmao2:

That is what you sprinted to the thread to come back with, making you a hypocrite.

If you don't know the correct usage of "you're" there's very little chance you're going to be teaching anybody anything vocabulary related. I've already taught you the definition twice now there's is nothing further any of us can do.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Lmao "didn't Dak lose to every playoff team" was attacking the stat? This is what you've had to resort to in order to try and save face from being a hypocrite?
"I also know that in some of those game our D gave up 17 points or less" How the hell could you possibly say your post was simply about the stat LMAOOOOOOOOOO:lmao2:

That is what you sprinted to the thread to come back with, making you a hypocrite.

If you don't know the correct usage of "you're" there's very little chance you're going to be teaching anybody anything vocabulary related. I've already taught you the definition twice now there's is nothing further any of us can do.

Umm it was a fact which you corrected for me when you pointed out he won one game and i agreed i forgot about the 1st Philly game but again it WAS ABOUT THE STAT!! The stat pointed out how Dak supposedly played against playoff teams and i pointed out the stat must be skewed because we lost those games...again the STAT

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
For some and for others when we win it's because of everyone but Dak and when we lose it's all on Dak. I know you're smart enough to recognize that both occur.

I agree both occur but the excuses made for Dak around here when we lose far far outweigh those who say the team carried Dak when we win and i also know you well enough that you see that. I have seen far more around here who aren't sold on Dak give him credit when he plays well than i see from Dak supporters when he doesn't and we lose, at that point in time all the excuses come out in spades

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Umm it was a fact which you corrected for me when you pointed out he won one game and i agreed i forgot about the 1st Philly game but again it WAS ABOUT THE STAT!! The stat pointed out how Dak supposedly played against playoff teams and i pointed out the stat must be skewed because we lost those games...again the STAT

Just say you were wrong and move on, dude.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Just say you were wrong and move on, dude.

You really are delusional

P.S. I'm still waiting for a link to the stat. Or do you just take everything somebody posts on twitter as fact? Like i said earlier i looked and can't find it (not saying it doesn't exist but it would be nice to see the entire stat and see all the QB's on the list)

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak walked into an all-pro line in which every player has at least two to three years together and an established run game and zone blocking scheme built by Callahan and Linehan’s calling plays...

Completely different scenarios, not even close... As I said, Romo wasn’t even allowed in the Early game planning meetings until 2013, when Jerry forced it upon Garrett, who started having his play calling duties stripped from him.

2012, it was well known the offense was struggling and Jason Garrett was starting to feel the heat from the local press for the first time.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You really are delusional

P.S. I'm still waiting for a link to the stat. Or do you just take everything somebody posts on twitter as fact? Like i said earlier i looked and can't find it (not saying it doesn't exist but it would be nice to see the entire stat and see all the QB's on the list)

Odds are you don't know what delusional means either, if we follow the trend.

That's already been addressed? It wasn't what some random posted, it was the official PFF site which is the data we are referencing in the OP. So yes, we should take it as a fact it is is coming straight from the source LOL.

khiladi

Reaction score
The logic of this thread is just awful. Desaun Watson was sacked 44 times and his pass protection was mediocre. By the original poster’s logic, if Desaun played on Dak’s team, his rating against playoff teams would be over 100.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Odds are you don't know what delusional means either, if we follow the trend.

That's already been addressed? It wasn't what some random posted, it was the official PFF site which is the data we are referencing in the OP. So yes, we should take it as a fact it is is coming straight from the source LOL.

Like i said just post the link or at least say you can't find one either half a twitter view of a stat doesn't say anything

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The logic of this thread is just awful. Desaun Watson was sacked 44 times and his pass protection was mediocre. By the original poster’s logic, if Desaun played on Dak’s team, his rating against playoff teams would be over 100.

Make sure to stretch before you reach.

PS. The ratings stop at 100 lol

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Like I said, I can only teach you things so many times. The link is in the OP.

Like I said, just say you were wrong and take your L. It's all good we will forgive you.

So you can't find a link to the stat either? I'm just curious who #-6-7-8-9- etc are, for all i know #6 on the list is Jimmy G with a rating of 77.3 (one tenth of a point less than Dak) yet he got his team to the SB beating more playoff teams than Dak...just saying..half a stat is meaningless

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So you can't find a link to the stat either? I'm just curious who #5-6-7-8-9- etc are
Number 5 is Dak.... it says it right there!!!!

There is no link to the rest of the list, they posted the top 5. You want the rest of the list you'll have to go pay for PFF Edge which will give you all of that.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Number 5 is Dak.... it says it right there!!!!

There is no link to the rest of the list, they posted the top 5. You want the rest of the list you'll have to go pay for PFF Edge which will give you all of that.

That's a typo i meant #6 and on. As for the rest well i know all the other QB's on that list shown had much better records than Dak did vs playoff teams so is the stat skewed? knowing the rest of the QB's on the list would clarify that

khiladi

Reaction score
Make sure to stretch before you reach.

your the one that’s stretching. You made a claim that Dak QB performance, on any other average team, would have been 11-13 wins, yet Desaun’s OL was horrendous compared to Dak’s. He also had nowhere near the rushing attack as Zeke. Not only did Carlos Hyde rush for 60 less attempts than Zeke, he faced stacked boxes of 8 or more at 14%, 5% less than Zeke. Dak had more men in the box regularly to expose the secondary and was sacked way less, meaning way better protection.

you have no grounds to substantiate you’re claim that Dak on an average team would have 11-13 wins, with facts like the above.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
your the one that’s stretching. You made a claim that Dak QB performance, on any other average team, would have been 11-13 wins, yet Desaun’s OL was horrendous compared to Dak’s. He also had nowhere near the rushing attack as Zeke. Not only did Carlos Hyde rush for 60 less attempts than Zeke, he faced stacked boxes of 8 or more at 14%, 5% less than Zeke.

you have no grounds to substantiate you’re claim that Dak on an average team would have 11-13 wins, with facts like the above.

Lol so you agree that with Watson's performance that his team's record should have been better?

You literally just proved my point LMAO

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol so you agree that with Watson's performance that his team's record should have been better?

You literally just proved my point LMAO

Uh no, I just proved that your logic is absolutely fallacious. I didn’t say anything about what my opinion was other than your claim that Dak on an average team would have an 11-13 record is baseless, especially when his ‘below average’ team was much better than Watson’s on offense as a whole and Watson still had a better rating. If anything Dak’s should have been better by your logic...