FEATURED Twitter: Kellen Moore will call plays per McCarthy

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
People change their minds. And not just once.

I never understood why people get so mad about someone changing their mind. Like it’s not allowed or something.

I changed my mind on Dak as I learned more and saw things I myself had waited to see.

So, I see this as a positive, Kellen did some good things and had some nice play designs. The offense had a huge improvement and that’s not just luck, now You’ve got a good young assistant that seems to have some talent, and I don’t think JG or his system would’ve been capable of getting the best out of Kellen, but Big Mike is a good offensive mind coach who has been very successful in this league. Keeping the terminology the same while installing a different passing attack to help the transition is a brilliant idea imo. I see a guy who took time off and made some changes in his approach as that’s what people who want to grow when they’ve hit a wall do.

I see zero issues with Big Mike changing his mind and my first thought after reading some of his quotes is he’s got a plan. I like his answers and I can almost see his vision.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I never understood why people get so mad about someone changing their mind. Like it’s not allowed or something.

I changed my mind on Dak as I learned more and saw things I myself had waited to see.

So, I see this as a positive, Kellen did some good things and had some nice play designs. The offense had a huge improvement and that’s not just luck, now You’ve got a good young assistant that seems to have some talent, and I don’t think JG or his system would’ve been capable of getting the best out of Kellen, but Big Mike is a good offensive mind coach who has been very successful in this league. Keeping the terminology the same while installing a different passing attack to help the transition is a brilliant idea imo. I see a guy who took time off and made some changes in his approach as that’s what people who want to grow when they’ve hit a wall do.

I see zero issues with Big Mike changing his mind and my first thought after reading some of his quotes is he’s got a plan. I like his answers and I can almost see his vision.

The problem is that we’ve seen this scenario throughout the league where the Coordinator gets the blame and the HC escapes all blame and eventually the HC ends up having to call the plays anyways.

It’s McCarthys offense and he should be calling the plays.

McCarthy as a clapper I do not like.

He talked a big game about how he was going to be different now let’s see it and be able,to quantify somehow through playcalling.

If anything this will hide McCarthy and allow for an excuse.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
So the OC who couldn't find ways to get Zeke to expose defenses while DAK played dink and dunk is going to run the offensive plays next year???? 8-8 called it. And another Mid 1st round pick.

This a joke? Dak was roughly top 5 in Y/A lol. If that’s dink and dunk then every offense in the league is dinking and dunking.

Maybe you haven’t watched a game since October 2018?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The problem is that we’ve seen this scenario throughout the league where the Coordinator gets the blame and the HC escapes all blame and eventually the HC ends up having to call the plays anyways.

It’s McCarthys offense and he should be calling the plays.

McCarthy as a clapper I do not like.

He talked a big game about how he was going to be different now let’s see it and be able,to quantify somehow through playcalling.

If anything this will hide McCarthy and allow for an excuse.

I get what you’re saying bro, but as my good friend Senior would say, you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. So I’m inclined to wait and see here. I think we are going to be much more efficient in situational football because of Big Mike’s influence and understanding which will be all over Kellens play calling imo.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Jerry_

"Well lets just say, if we keep Moore I will backload your contract .. it's outside of any barriers … to something you will be happy with. I GarrettTee it."

MM_

"I can live with that"

Zman5

Reaction score
That's the thing that scares me about a McCarthy offense... That 60/40 pass/run ratio isn't a good thing IMO.

if you had ARod and bunch of average RBs I would be passing much more than run. No different than what Tennessee is doing now and what we did first three years with Zeke but in reverse You give the ball to your best play maker.

Carter

Reaction score
No Problem with that if Moore can go back to the Playcalling from the 3-0 Start that had several great Plays that were never seen after Garrett took over again.

All Plays will run through MM and i bet he is designing a lot of the Playbook that Moore will call. I also think he might interfere or advice on Gamecalling on Sundays.

Moores Offense was still #1 Overall so i dont have a Problem with it and if we suck Offensively its easy for MM to take over .

HotDog37

Reaction score
No Problem with that if Moore can go back to the Playcalling from the 3-0 Start that had several great Plays that were never seen after Garrett took over again.

All Plays will run through MM and i bet he is designing a lot of the Playbook that Moore will call. I also think he might interfere or advice on Gamecalling on Sundays.

Moores Offense was still #1 Overall so i dont have a Problem with it and if we suck Offensively its easy for MM to take over .

That's true - if it happens like that. I do think Moore was basically kept by Jerry not McCarthy. I think Mike agreed it. That worries me a bit, but if Jerry has suddenly changed his ways after 25 years it's all good.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Come on McCarthy I thought we were gonna do some west coast offense, some new McCarthy scheme.. not the same Garrett offense that’s outdated. And Moore needs a lot of guidance sometimes the moment is way to big for him.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
YOU MEAN GARRETT. I have read several articles saying HE, not Moore..was calling many of those plays down the stretch. When you think back,it adds up.

Yes I heard that also. Also heard that Garrett put a leash on what Moore can or cannot call. Mainly Moore was forced to his the Garrett playbook rather than rely on his own creativity.

Section446

Reaction score
This is a Dak move, they don't want to shake it up too much and confuse him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Come on McCarthy I thought we were gonna do some west coast offense, some new McCarthy scheme.. not the same Garrett offense that’s outdated. And Moore needs a lot of guidance sometimes the moment is way to big for him.
They are going to be running a West Coast Offense

bdk76

Reaction score
[QUOTE="DeathMonkey, post: 9954335, member: 39140"]It's disconcerting given how Moore struggled against teams that were actually good. The only reason not to panic is at least the playbook is changing. No more Garrett garbage.

We'll see how it goes. It really seems like things are morphing into a not much has changed other than the playbook situation. More of Jerry's smoke and mirrors shenanigans.[/QUOTE]

I think the struggles had little to do with play calling. You call plays based on the game plan for that givin week. A game plan Garrett was heavily involved in. I suspect MM will be a major upgrade in installing these game plans week to week.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The offense failed to score a touchdown in three games last year. That's an issue.
yes and no. MAYBE the defense could have thrown them a bone time to time and shortened the field for the offense. Jeesh...Dak was expected to drive the length of the field all year. LITTLE HELP FROM SPECIAL TEAMS OR DEFENSE. That was part of it. But I do agree..we can always be better on the playcalling side to. That was the least of our problems.