Twitter: Rappaport - Jerry to take players temperature on coach

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Do understand the context of the tweet........perhaps it has nothing do with players input but more about the type coach.

conner01

Reaction score
Well you are never going to be afraid of a head coach here. You saw how TO acted with Parcells here? The structure is too off to try and have players afraid of their head coach.
I think that’s why this team is so soft
No authority for the coach
I think to be a great HC and bit of fear by the players is important
That’s why we don’t seem to be ready in so many games, play undisciplined, and accept losing
I know many think this team lacks talent and we do need more on defense. But this team has the talent to be much better than they were this year.
I look at the Steelers and see a team gutted by injuries and still competitive

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Jerry is gonna go on 5 day full press scotch infused bender and take a look at that man in the mirror. He may be a full day into it already, we’ll have to see.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The fact Jerry is going to the players for any input re: Garrett's future is equivalent to asking Homer Simpson to sign off on plant safety after a SCRAM incident.

Where does it say Jerry's getting input from players?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It is still the wrong approach to ask the players what they want. They have no idea what is good for them.

Who says he "asking" .......I think it has more to do with whether or not he feels he hire a college guy or more season vet with strong leadership. I don't think for one second Jerry's getting approval from ANY PLAYER about a coaching hire.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Who says he "asking" .......I think it has more to do with whether or not he feels he hire a college guy or more season vet with strong leadership. I don't think for one second Jerry's getting approval from ANY PLAYER about a coaching hire.

It is because he is incompetent.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why do they have any say in the matter,? Just asking.

Who said they will? Tweet said he's checking the temp........could very mean how much or type of leadership he needs from his next coach.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Actually all GMs/owner probably do the same thing......you don't think the Panthers owner or Snyder aren't trying to figure out the next best coach for their by NOT looking at the makeup of the roster.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Jerruh wants to be the players best buddy and it ruins everything. Bleep you Jerruh. Bleep you.

cern

Reaction score
Who said they will? Tweet said he's checking the temp........could very mean how much or type of leadership he needs from his next coach.
Could be. i just think the players should be left out of the decision making process. It could cause a division among the rank and file should there be pro and con garrett factions.

plymkr

Reaction score
Who the heck cares what the players think?

The fact that they are suggesting that he still hasn't made a decision is beyond annoying.
Exactly, the players work for Jerry. Jerry doesn't work for the players. This is a microcosm of the dysfunctional environment. Jerry wants to be their adopted dad or considered "a cool guy" and not the boss.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Who the heck cares what the players think?

The fact that they are suggesting that he still hasn't made a decision is beyond annoying.

I feel ya on this. He appears to have a bass ackward approach to the football aspects of running the franchise sometimes. So reactionary. Maybe he wants to run his desired choice past certain players to see how they feel about it? I say that to say it’s possible he has made his choice if the story is correct.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Good god I still can’t believe this moron runs the team. Every time Jerrah opens his mouth is just another reminder of how screwed we are as fans.

Sheepish

Reaction score
There are only two logical explanations for this outside of incompetence. either 1) it is a loyalty test, or 2) Jerry wants to resign Garrett and knows the players will support him if he asks.

The players will support Garrett no matter what.