Twitter: Stephen Threw CeeDee Under the Bus

Big_D

Reaction score
This is Cowboys management 101. Call out anyone & everyone asap. Point that blame in any direction but theirs!

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Most of the Cowboys great number one receivers were complemented by a solid number two receiver. Drew Pearson had Tony Hill. Michael Irvin had Alvin Harper. When TO was here we had Terry Glenn and Miles Austin.

TO did not “have” Miles Austin.

By the time Miles was number 2 on the depth chart, TO was gone.

2006 - Terry Glenn (tho, injured frequently)
2007 - Patrick Crayton
2008 - Patrick Crayton/ Roy Williams

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Cooper was really underrated. He was taking the #1 coverage and that was opening up others.

Its too bad the Jones boys don't have a basic understanding of football and can't figure that stuff out. Don't just evaluate players on a box score or W/L record.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
TO did not “have” Miles Austin.

By the time Miles was number 2 on the depth chart, TO was gone.

2006 - Terry Glenn (tho, injured frequently)
2007 - Patrick Crayton
2008 - Patrick Crayton/ Roy Williams

Miles Austin was here during TO’s tenure, however he didn’t emerge until 2009. We had better receivers from 2006 to 2008 than we do now.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Miles Austin was here during TO’s tenure, however he didn’t emerge until 2009. We had better receivers from 2006 to 2008 than we do now.

I simply was correcting you on TO having Miles. Though on the roster, Miles wasn’t opposite TO like Irvin and Harper etc.

Hell even in 2009 Sam Hurd was higher on the depth chart. It was the injury to Roy Williams that allowed Miles to start in the Chiefs game in 2009 when he exploded for 200 yards and had the game winning TD in OT

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I simply was correcting you on TO having Miles. Though on the roster, Miles wasn’t opposite TO like Irvin and Harper etc.

Hell even in 2009 Sam Hurd was higher on the depth chart. It was the injury to Roy Williams that allowed Miles to start in the Chiefs game in 2009 when he exploded for 200 yards and had the game winning TD in OT

TO had a combination of Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton and Roy Williams in 2008. Austin had 278 yards receiving and 3 TDs so he got some playing time. I would take those receivers over what we have now in a heart beat!

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Correlation between a bad Oline and a lack of passing weapons. 1 out of 3 wont cut it. Need two.
Even when Brandon Knight and a young Terry Steele were the starting tackles, the passing game wasn't that inept. Go back and watch
Correlation between a bad Oline and a lack of passing weapons. 1 out of 3 wont cut it. Need two.
If AC is on the field, there isn't a lack of passing options. Dak has played well under duress when he's had guys to throw to. It's easy to drop guys into coverage when there's only one guy in the route tree that's worth fearing.

If you say so. The way I see it, Cooper takes attention off of Lamb, creating passing lanes for everyone to get some touches. Dak was able to get the ball off. Nobody was open. Nearly every pass was into coverage. We've seen QB1 get the ball out quick. Can't do that with Noah Brown and Justin Houston as your and 3rd option (Pollard, Zeke, and Schultz stayed in to block more often than not), but you can with CeeDee Lamb or Amari Cooper as your 2nd option. We've seen it.

I don't disagree that the line contributed to the struggles, which is why I thought moving on from Collins and Williams (who graded out as the highest rated center last week) was a bad idea. One of the two maybe, but not both. Had we held onto any combination of Cooper, Collins, and Williams, we win that game. Had we held onto Cooper, we keep it close.

So the question I pose to you: were these still good business moves?