Twitter: Stephen Threw CeeDee Under the Bus

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
This is rich considering the front office work this past off season.

It’s year3. Thru traded a wzy better guy for him. They force fed him last year. He should be able to handle it and step up next week.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest, this is such astonishingly bad grammar that I seriously didn't want to respond and give you cause to write more posts. Please at least try to do better.

Stephen should do his job better before he belittles the players for not doing their jobs. You should ask yourself why you are defending him when he is trashing a player that was bracketed for large portions of the game because the Bucs didn't respect the other receivers. If you are blaming Moore for the play calling, then guess who wanted him back this offseason? The Jones Boys. Still their fault. Want to blame McCarthy? Guess who signs his checks. But, Stephen didn't trash Moore, he trashed CeeDee Lamb for running the routes that he was instructed to run.

Stephen is throwing Lamb under the bus because he has been around long enough to know that fans and talking heads are going to start pointing the finger at him and Jerry yet again. It's a cowardly deflection in the hopes that the front office doesn't get the pressure thrown on them. Stephen knows he could have signed a free agent to a very reasonable contract back in August, but they chose to ride with what they had. Compare that to the team they just played. The Bucs knew that Godwin might miss a few weeks and they signed Julio Jones to a very reasonable contract in late August. Dallas could have signed Julio Jones to that same contract.

Comparing the Dallas Cowboys to the Green Bay Packers and the Chiefs is completely laughable. The Chiefs and Packers have made the playoffs eight out of the last ten years. The Chiefs and Packers have been to four conference championship games each in the last ten years. The Chiefs won a Super Bowl. Dallas has been to the playoffs four times in that span and they haven't sniffed a conference championship game in over twenty-five years. Comparing two of the most well run franchises in the NFL to this dog and pony show is about as homer as one can get. Both Green Bay and KC deserve some benefit of the doubt considering their team building has produced results this last decade that Dallas can only dream of.

If you want to ride or die with Stephen then feel free, but Dallas has been a pushover for the top teams since way before CeeDee Lamb and Kellen Moore were Cowboys.
doesn't matter, they paid Gallup, Gallups about to come back and Lamb will have some relief.

issues is dak and McGovern went down. Maybe Peters fills in at LG..maybe Rush can be a bus driver..the biggest maybe is MOORE,. I stand behind that glaring issues with his offense being able to function without Dak and more talent.

Blame Jerry all you want, why does GB have worse wr core, no benefit of the doubt, its about this year, i can look around and find worse around the league.

their plan was Gallup getting back and paired with lamb, who knew MOORE couldn't scheme 1-2 games until then with Pollard, Turpin, Zeke and Schultz to help Lamb,. thats my point. SMH I believe Andy Reid the OC could easily have utilized this exact roster game 1 and won with that defense and points score?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We hope that someday we will have an NFL capable front office. We really think nepotism and silver sppen training will finally work out.
It is repulsive to see it continue to evolve.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I underestimated how important Cooper was. Stephen is in charge and should have better judgement than an internet poster.

Cooper doesnt change diddly last night. As long as the Oline poorly blocks, doesnt matter who we have. And it wasnt just no Cooper, it was no Cooper and Gallup.

doomsday808

Reaction score
I actually don't mind Stephen Jones calling CeeDee out. It would have been worst if he said that CeeDee did a good job! I all actuality, Jerry gave CeeDee the "#1" WR position when he "assigned" CeeDee "88". Long before we traded Amari.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You give CeeDee Lamb Tom Brady as his QB with a real OC and we’d all be lamenting why Jerry can’t get a WR like that.
I'm going to agree with that 100% and you know why cuz Tom Brady would hold him accountable.

He wouldn't get a pat on the back for dropping the ball he would get chewed out like he should get chewed out by DAk and his coach .

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I am not a CeeDee lover.
But consider how good CeeDee could be if balls were NOT consistently thrown behind him.
Dak has got to learn to lead a receiver. THROW TO THE CHEST NOT THE LOWER SPINE!

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm going to agree with that 100% and you know why cuz Tom Brady would hold him accountable.

He wouldn't get a pat on the back for dropping the ball he would get chewed out like he should get chewed out by DAk and his coach .

Or more likely he’d have a QB that could ace the ball where he could make plays, and OC that could put him in better situations and a front office that would put better WRs around him like they did with Evans with Godwin and then Julio Jones.

Lamb didn’t fail the Cowboys Sunday night like Stephen claims. Stephen and Jerry failed CD.

Reactions: BAT

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score

No, Stephen. You and your father need to do a better job at acquiring talent and building this team. You just trotted out Lamb, and a bunch of dudes that are 4th or 5th WRs at best on most teams.

Lamb needs to step up his game, but there's no way he's the scapegoat here. Anyone that had a clue saw this coming for months.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
There was no throwing under the bus except for the imagined throwing under the bus

sacase

Reaction score
I underestimated how important Cooper was. Stephen is in charge and should have better judgement than an internet poster.

Stephen is a bigger problem than Jerry. Stephen is even more clueless and isn't even willing to spend money or take chances. So now we have a stingy guy, who is risk adverse who knows even less than Jerry.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Cooper doesnt change diddly last night. As long as the Oline poorly blocks, doesnt matter who we have. And it wasnt just no Cooper, it was no Cooper and Gallup.

How many times did we see QB1 throw into double or triple coverage because all the attention was on the only guy that could make a play at receiver? Cooper alleviated this issue, took pressure off of the other guys. He was a true threat that had to be accounted for. Gallup has missed time and the duo of Coop/Lamb held it together. The offense was awful before Cooper showed up and it fell apart on Sunday. There's a correlation there, even if you refuse to acknowledge it.

Reactions: BAT

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Cooper let the cat out of the bag and they traded him for that! He spoke out how he should be this and be that on the team without blaming Prescot for his lousy stats, he cut his own throat because he was tired of the QB who was throwing to him or better yet the QB who couldn't get him the ball in his vicinity! Dakota " Toad Hunter" Prescot should have been the one traded and after last Sunday night's game we'll be stuck with this scrab for a few more years, because there is no GM dumb enough in this league to stick his neck out for a QB who the TALENT doesn't have to beat average teams in the NFL.