Twitter: Twitter War Over Diggs

plymkr

Reaction score
Hope opposing teams believe this ish.

And keep throwing at Diggs.
That's what I'm thinking. I hope other teams read this stuff and test him. I'd love to see Diggs set the regular season record for picks.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I mean, Diggs has given up a lot of yards, that really can't be argued.

BUT I can live with that as long as he continues to force turnovers. Those yards he gives up will also start dropping because teams are going to throw at him less and less. I'd bet that by the end of the season Diggs will be towards the bottom of the league in yards given up.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
@WoodysGirl posted some of the praise for Diggs across the NFL following his 6th Int in five games. There is a mounting pushback to the idea that Trevon Diggs is an above average corner taking place on Twitter. A lot of it seems sourced from PFF, which is odd because they have him as the lowest QB rating corner. They are being accused of attributing some inaccurate yards in zone to him as well and his grades continue to be below comparable star players like Anthony Brown. Oddly, some of the evidence against him are plays which he picked the pass off, examples are the Board post INT and the Deep Zone pick against Carolina. Is Trevon Diggs good?

Here's Jeff Cavanaugh with a troll post, there's a ton of dudes tied for 5 picks and vast disagreement about the yards he cites.

The yards he’s given up is because the Cowboys are always ahead and teams must pass to try and catch up.

Redline360

Reaction score
Never understood PFF in cases like this. For the most part I could agree with there assessment but every once in awhile(more common now) **** like this appears.

Like w t f

cffl2323

Reaction score

If your passer rating against means the QB is better off chucking it in the ground, then there's no debating if you're good or not. People trying to poke wholes in Diggs' performance haven't watched any of our games, or just hate the Cowboys so much they can't stand saying anything positive. It's gonna be a long year for those types.

T-RO

Reaction score
He's not a troll, he just is no different than posters on here. He just has an opinion with no real study. Remember him saying Gregory Rossseau cant play football? He literally said that. He's basically a local Skip Bayless.

Insert coin. Try again.

Jeff is 10 billion miles removed from Skip Bayless...and studies football a lot with tons of good insight, while Skip hasn't studied a thing in his life.

LOTS of football pundits thought Rosseau would fail, including many NFL GMs. That's the draft, my friend.

Creeper

Reaction score

I imagine 6 Interceptions has a lot to do with the low passer rating.

The argument is which is better, a CB who gives up completions but intercepts passes or a CB who gives up very few completions but has no interceptions. I think it is the latter. I have been saying Diggs is not a sticky type of CB who gets on a receiver's hip and stays there the entire route like Darelle Revis. But he has great anticipation, great eyes, great hands, and enough speed to close on the ball, at least right now he does. He is on quite a run but it is only his second year.

I don't think Diggs is a good as Deion yet. Let him have a couple more years playing at this level first. I see the similarities in the way they play. Deion used his blazing speed to recover when he got beat. Diggs is a lot faster than I thought but not as fast as Deion. I think Diggs uses better technique than Deion.

If we are asking the question why do QBs continue to throw his way when he is picking of so many passes, the only answer is they think the receiver is open.

StylisticS

Reaction score
The fans of the last three opponents are upset on Twitter that Diggs had a good game against them. Especially the Panther and Giant fans. Saying DJ Moore destroyed Diggs but darnold couldn’t get the ball to him. They also look at Toneys stats and immediately say that he owned Diggs not realizing that Diggs wasn’t on Toney for most of the game.

Another excuse they are saying is that Diggs picks off bums ignoring that he also picked off Brady and Herbert.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Agreed.

This just proves how useless PFF's player rankings are.

PFF just blows me away sometimes with just how unimaginably bad they suck
:lmao:

Some of y'all need to read more closely before going off on your preconceptions. Lowest passer rating in the league = best cover corner. It appears you think that assessment is absurd. :muttley:

PFF looks like they contradict themselves

Nah, they didn't. Read it again.

HanD

Reaction score
The funny part is Diggs didn't shadow Tony all game. He did give up that one big play, but the rest was mostly underneath zone stuff where the safeties and lbs were covering the zone.
exactly. that's the lazy type of correlation that does no one any good. diggs was on golloday early and he had 3 targets and no catches. to lump tooney's numbers all on diggs is lazy or agenda driven.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Who are these WR that lit up Diggs this year or is it any WR that lined up across from him from time to time and but went off against others. Diggs was not on Toney all night.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Some of y'all need to read more closely before going off on your preconceptions. Lowest passer rating in the league = best cover corner. It appears you think that assessment is absurd. :muttley:

Nah, they didn't. Read it again.
Practice what you preach.

Read my post again, slowly this time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Much of the yardage I see given up by secondary is when we play in the zone coverage, That is one thing I would like to seen cleaned up. Zone often times will allow the catch to happen but we need to stop the big yards after catch.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lots of people saying Diggs is the hands-down DPOY. What happens to change that? I think Diggs keeps balling out and wins that award.