Twitter: Twitter War Over Diggs

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
None of this should really be debatable. He is a decent cover corner with elite ball skills. Overall that makes him a top tier guy. he’s just the opposite of Byron Jones who was a great cover guy with not so great ball skills. Doesn’t mean either is a bad player, just different styles.

Outside of a handful of all time greats you can find flaws in everyone’s game. Diggs has his flaws, but I have to believe QBs still make sure to find him on every pass play pre snap

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think PFF does some good stuff…but then you see this and then it exposes how some of their stuff is off based.

Exactly. I have watched some of their videos where they talk through how they grade a particular aspect and it all seems well thought out, backed up by historical data, etc.
Then you see the grades for something else and you struggle to find any reasonable basis.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Does he give up yards? Yes he does sometimes.
Does he give up TD's? Not really more than a good CB.
Does he make game changing plays aka interceptions? Hell yes he does!

He may not be a shut down CB but if the QB/ receiver makes a mistake he will make them pay.

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly. I have watched some of their videos where they talk through how they grade a particular aspect and it all seems well thought out, backed up by historical data, etc.
Then you see the grades for something else and you struggle to find any reasonable basis.
I agree. It seems like their issues lies with grading defensive players…especially linebacker and corners….

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
A few years back an NLF OL challenged them on their grades and said he wanted to talk to the grader in person. They said they couldn't do it because it was too expensive to fly the guy in from Bangladesh.

John813

Reaction score
I agree. It seems like their issues lies with grading defensive players…especially linebacker and corners….

My issue is they dock players based of what the player did or did not do. But, PFF doesn't know the playcall. Obviously, in some situations it's black and white. Clear man coverage, missed open field tackle etc... But they assume quite a bit on coverages and the responsibilities of the LBs on a given play. While not PFF look at the Acho vs Parsons twitter beef where Acho thought Parsons read a play wrong but Parsons let him know he had no clue what he was talking about.And that was a former NFL player. You can't tell me the PFF graders are some football wizards that know what OCs/DCs call.

As always, I take their grades with salt.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Some of y'all need to read more closely before going off on your preconceptions. Lowest passer rating in the league = best cover corner. It appears you think that assessment is absurd. :muttley:

Nah, they didn't. Read it again.
PFF has disappointed me so many times that I assumed the OP was telling the truth.

But you're right. For once I didn't read it.
Would've known straight away that the lowest passer rating is best for DBs.

My bad

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My issue is they dock players based of what the player did or did not do. But, PFF doesn't know the playcall. Obviously, in some situations it's black and white. Clear man coverage, missed open field tackle etc... But they assume quite a bit on coverages and the responsibilities of the LBs on a given play. While not PFF look at the Acho vs Parsons twitter beef where Acho thought Parsons read a play wrong but Parsons let him know he had no clue what he was talking about.And that was a former NFL player. You can't tell me the PFF graders are some football wizards that know what OCs/DCs call.

As always, I take their grades with salt.
Yeah it’s incredibly flawed. I still think it’s the best type of system out there by when people are using it to gauge how good or bad someone is? Gotta take more into account then that rating.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
PFF has disappointed me so many times that I assumed the OP was telling the truth.

But you're right. For once I didn't read it.
Would've known straight away that the lowest passer rating is best for DBs.

My bad
I said that in the OP.

EGTuna

Reaction score
My issue with Diggs is that I was all set to buy a Parsons jersey, but now I can’t decide between #11 and #7. And no, I’m not buying both. I adhere to a strict jersey buying budget.

Macnalty

Reaction score
He probably thinks Byron was elite
My two cents if Byron Jones was here he would start and the defense would be significantly better. Diggs and Jones had different skill sets both have a place at the dinner table.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Figures lie and liars figure. “Yards given up” is a BS stat if the game situation is not considered. When the Cowboys are up 3 scores in the fourth quarter, yards aren’t as important as the clock. So they play soft to keep everything in front of them rather than risk a quick score. Perfect example is the Eagles game. Cowboys blew them out of the stadium but if you look at Jalen Hurts stats you’d think he torched the Cowboys defense. To be credible PFF needs to factor garbage time into their equation and disregard any fourth quarter stats in a blowout, offense or defense.

Proof

Reaction score
My issue with Diggs is that I was all set to buy a Parsons jersey, but now I can’t decide between #11 and #7. And no, I’m not buying both. I adhere to a strict jersey buying budget.

custom 7-11!

cowboyec

Reaction score
he's elite.
the ball is his.
throw at #7...and he will take his ball and go home with it.
his nickname should be wilson.
its his ball...all of them.