Two Big Cold Weather games coming up...

Taylor28

Benched
Reaction score
I am thinking the Pittsburgh game and the Philly game at the end of the season will be extremely tough games to win. Especially in Pittsburgh because it is normally very cold there that time of year. We really can only afford to lose two more games depending on what everyone else does and 10-6 might not even make it. I have these games marked as the toughest on the schedule, well including the giants game of course but that is in Dallas. I think beating Philly in Philly and Pitt in Pitt will be tougher than beating the Giants in our house.

Ooops..in the title I meant to say "coming up"...left out the word "coming"....that's what she said..(the office)..LoL

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Taylor28;2427054 said:
I am thinking the Pittsburgh game and the Philly game at the end of the season will be extremely tough games to win. Especially in Pittsburgh because it is normally very cold there that time of year. We really can only afford to lose two more games depending on what everyone else does and 10-6 might not even make it. I have these games marked as the toughest on the schedule, well including the giants game of course but that is in Dallas. I think beating Philly in Philly and Pitt in Pitt will be tougher than beating the Giants in our house.

Ooops..in the title I meant to say "coming up"...left out the word "coming"....that's what she said..(the office)..LoL

i think we are going to roll the giants.

pittsburgh could go either way.

if the eagles are eliminated by the last game....we will step on their throats.

if the eagles are alive...we will probably win a close game like last night as long as the refs don't stand in the way.

we might just run the table.

if there is one game i'm sure we we will win..it is the giants game.

we are going to roll them.

silver

Reaction score
I believe we won't lose another game this year. By the time we get to Pitt & and Phillthy we'll be on a roll hitting on all cylinders.

Taylor28

Benched
Reaction score
The Eagles game will not be a pushover even if Philly isn't out of it. The one saving grace to their season would be to knock us out of the playoffs.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
lane;2427075 said:
i think we are going to roll the giants.

pittsburgh could go either way.

if the eagles are eliminated by the last game....we will step on their throats.

if the eagles are alive...we will probably win a close game like last night as long as the refs don't stand in the way.

we might just run the table.

if there is one game i'm sure we we will win..it is the giants game.

we are going to roll them.
Funny.... I think we're going to roll the Steelers. They don't impress me much. In their wins they just seem like they play just good enough to win.

links18

Reaction score
We don't have an easy game left. They will all be tough.....

DR.WARE

Reaction score
every game is gonna be tough and very important. cowboys cant sleep on any of them. But the only game i see us losing is at pitt, but if we pressure ben like the eagles did earlier in the year we can win

links18

Reaction score
DR.WARE;2427198 said:
every game is gonna be tough and very important. cowboys cant sleep on any of them. But the only game i see us losing is at pitt, but if we pressure ben like the eagles did earlier in the year we can win

Pittsburgh has been winning games scoring in the low teens. That tells you how good their defense is. We need to bring something extra special for that game to put up some points in cold weather against a very good defense. But we shouldn't be talking about anything other than the 49ers right now.:)

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
links18;2427212 said:
Pittsburgh has been winning games scoring in the low teens. That tells you how good their defense is. We need to bring something extra special for that game to put up some points in cold weather against a very good defense. But we shouldn't be talking about anything other than the 49ers right now.:)

My hope is that Felix will be back, RW 11 will be fully integrated into the offense, and Tony's finger will be fully healed. If so, we will be VERY difficult to defend, even for a defense as good as Pittsburgh's. In a bad weather game, there's not much better a combo to have than MB3 and Felix if our OL continues to play well.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
As long as we take time off from practice, go to book signings, talk shows, and Mexico before the playoffs....:rolleyes:

Oh You mean before, uhh we'll be fine...:D

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
LandryFan;2427269 said:
My hope is that Felix will be back, RW 11 will be fully integrated into the offense, and Tony's finger will be fully healed. If so, we will be VERY difficult to defend, even for a defense as good as Pittsburgh's. In a bad weather game, there's not much better a combo to have than MB3 and Felix if our OL continues to play well.
I'm all 3 of these things will happen for the Pittsburgh game. Let Felix rest the hammy for a couple of more games. We really need him in December. I heard Wade say that Romo's thumb will be fully healed after the Thanksgiving game and the splint will come off. RW11 will definitely be in the flow for the Pitt game. He is already starting to get into now.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Taylor28;2427054 said:

The trick to winning cold weather games (hell any game) is winning in the trenches. Control the line of scrimage. We can do that on the defensive side of the ball against Pitt. The question is, can our offensive line run block well enough and can we protect Romo long enough to win on the offensive side?

I think yes baring anymore injuries to our players. Well, also baring our players getting self-absorbed and taking another hiatus.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
well if it is written in stone that we will lose two more games.......Pitt and Balt....i sacrifice those two lambs. we cannot afford anymore conference losses.

It would leave us as 10-6 overall, 8-4 conference, 4-2 division. I think this gets us in as the Wild Card, possibly the 5th seed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboy_4_Life;2427572 said:
With Marion Barber, let me say this, "Bring on the cold, baby!"

I agree with you. That is why have a running game is critical during late season games.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
didnt Romo play in "cold weather" his whole life?

we beat the Gmen in NY when it was cold last year too. Cold weather ruining a players production is overrated. These guys are 30 years old and have been playing there whole lives. Its not like these guys are born and raised on the Equator, the come from all over.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It could easily be 50-60 that time of year too. You never know with the weather patterns.

Both are late games and I would bet the averages for that time of year are low to mid 40's which are pretty ideal football weather I think as long as your pinkie is healed.