Two Huge Reasons we Lost

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Rush just doesn't throw the ball hard enough to reach the receiver before the defender does. I don't know if I've ever seen that before.
One thing about Dak is when he needs to put zip on the ball he can. Rush has a lot of flutter when he throws. What irked me though, is that on the last INT even if Lamb couldn't get it, he could've defended the pass. Once he seen the ball was short, he looked at the safety and side stepped home to avoid contact. Then he didn't really run back either.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
One thing about Dak is when he needs to put zip on the ball he can. Rush has a lot of flutter when he throws. What irked me though, is that on the last INT even if Lamb couldn't get it, he could've defended the pass. Once he seen the ball was short, he looked at the safety and side stepped home to avoid contact. Then he didn't really run back either.

I watched the reply this morning and while Rush's pass was less than ideal, in part due to a defender hitting him at the time he threw it, if you watch Lamb he actually 'ran off' the ball as he saw the Eagles defender zeroing in on him......between plays like that, the drops, and the lack of showing himself as a #1 WR I think Dallas has some serious thinking to do on yet another possible 1st round bust pick.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are you talking about the one where the DB dove for the ball? If so, I don't see how Lamb could have defended that, short of hitting him on his way by. I agree he should have run over to down him after he caught it, but he probably thought it hit the ground. I know I did, in real time.

Brooksey

Reaction score
They had no trouble stopping them on other drives. And they came on the field after we had jsut scored on a time consuming drive ourselves giving them rest.

Our run D is suspect. It just is.

It might be suspect but it's improved and had little to do with the loss last night.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
We went in the game lackadaisical. Eagles were out to win. They were going for it on fourth down all night.

next game, we better blow them away.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I watched the reply this morning and while Rush's pass was less than ideal, in part due to a defender hitting him at the time he threw it, if you watch Lamb he actually 'ran off' the ball as he saw the Eagles defender zeroing in on him......between plays like that, the drops, and the lack of showing himself as a #1 WR I think Dallas has some serious thinking to do on yet another possible 1st round bust pick.
You are 100% right. And that's my issue with Lamb, that INT, the ridiculous block in the back and that's just this game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 4th down try failed because Rush made a bad throw.

Rush is not an NFL starting QB. He’s been doing yeoman’s work and we all appreciate his service. I’m damn glad he’s our backup, I think we have one of the better backup situations in the league. If that makes me a “hater,” I guess I’m a hater.
It was a call that shouldn't have been made. Would you have gone for it on a Rush pass? Judging by your statement here...I bet not.

Sure...you probably aren;t a hater... but I think you're blaming him for something you seem to say he probably shouldn't be doing anyway. See?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are 100% right. And that's my issue with Lamb, that INT, the ridiculous block in the back and that's just this game.
I sad the exact same thing and someone said "that was the funniest thing he read thanks for the laugh".

The DB tracked the ball and Lam ran off it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Two Rush picks gift wrapped ten points to the Eagles. Simple as that.

I know media and even coaching staffs get wrapped up in analytics and stats but the main one (after points scored and allowed) is turnover differential. Win that battle and everything else usually falls into place. Just saw the Cowboys actually outgained the Eagles, more proof stats lie.

erod

Reaction score
1. We still cannot stop the run.
2. Rush has no arm.

Not complicated, but we won't go anywhere until that is fixed.
You missed the number one reason.

The offensive line was overmatched last night in pass protection. CeeDee would have walked in for a touchdown last night, but Tyler Smith got beaten badly on the play, as he did on multiple occasions last night. Another split second, and that's a touchdown.

Cooper Rush was rushed, and he threw it like he felt rushed. He wasn't good, and he was throwing off his back foot even when he rarely didn't need to, but there wasn't a lick of time last night against that front.

The other main reason was that the Eagles showed how you beat a guy like Parsons. Like you always do....you run plays straight him and make him wait.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It actually was a receiver who had lined up in the backfield but that play that forces the LB to choose between the play and the back is simple to defend if everyone is assignment sound. You just have to assign someone to the QB and someone to the back. The hole in the defense is that the QB is usually unaccounted for. Why you would not adjust and have someone assigned to a QB who runs like Hurts is a complete mystery to me. So I have to assume that Quinn went over it all week and it just didn't sink in for the guys. No way Dan Quinn just completely whiffed on how to defense this offense. The other thing that I have not seen mentioned is that Parsons was clearly laboring to run any long distances. He was fine in short bursts but when he had to open up and run a while you could see the effects of the injury. He could not extend his stride and build up any speed. Kudos to the Eagles for noticing that and taking advantage. Good luck doing that the next time around.
I agree, great breakdown