Two Key players vs Philly

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I think going in the Eagles bracket # 88 Sunday afternoon . Always a defender within reach . It makes two players Gallup & Cooks a must in the passing game . No excuses couldn’t get open not targeted etc etc .

Gallup & Cooks have to show up in the stat sheet early & often . And of course Dak has to get the protection to deliver . Running will be tough sledding .
Yep, good post.

It might be Tolbert more than Gallup, but the question is really just who is going to beat man coverage vertical. Philly is probably going to play a lot of cover 2/3 looks and dare Dallas to just dink and dunk them (much like the Jets and Pats did) which has worked for Dallas this year, but Philly is going to score, so Dallas will have to hit plays when they get opportunities against man.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I think going in the Eagles bracket # 88 Sunday afternoon . Always a defender within reach . It makes two players Gallup & Cooks a must in the passing game . No excuses couldn’t get open not targeted etc etc .

Gallup & Cooks have to show up in the stat sheet early & often . And of course Dak has to get the protection to deliver . Running will be tough sledding .
This game will be won by the team that wins the trenches. So on OL the key is C and OG. On DL, it is DT, and LB.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I think the key players may be Bell & Kearse. They might be tasked with spying Hurts and keeping him as contained as possible.

Also: Smith-Biadasz-Martin. They limited Aaron Donald's impact.

This week they have Carter & Cox...not an easy task.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would say there’s 4 players that need to bring their A game. Dak, Dak, Dak and Dak.
Dak- has to play a TO free game.
Dak- has to create plays with his legs cuz the Eagles defensive line will break through our offensive line
Dak- has to be decisive with the ball and get it out quick.
Dak- has to elevate the team around him. This is when big time QBs earn their money.

Some encouraging signs from last week. Dak used his legs. Dak remained poised after the offensive line was getting mauled the first series or two. Dak was getting sacked like every play at the beginning. He stayed poised and took it to them despite the early troubles.

I think the defense will get a TO or 2 because Hurts has been turning it over a lot. I don’t think the running game will help Dak. So Dak will have to set up the run but establishing the pass.

This is a lot on Dak but that’s why he’s paid. If he plays like he did Sunday we’ll win. Dak survived the early offensive line suckage and made plays. That was some mental strength right there. He’s going to have to do it again. I think he can. Not going to say he will. But Sunday was encouraging as far as lifting his teammates, being a playmaker, and showing mental fortitude. I’m not a huge Dak fan but I’m calling it like I see it. When he sucks I call it and when he delivers I call it. Also let’s not forget that Dak does play very well against nfc east. That’s also encouraging for this week.
Nobody else needs to bring their A game?

Maybe if the OL brings their A game, Dak can have more time to throw?
Maybe if the RBs (and OL) bring their A game, we can get in short down-and-distance situations that make things easier for the offense, and we can loosen up the coverage downfield?
Maybe if the WRs and TEs bring their A game, they can get open quickly and catch balls thrown their way even if they're slightly off target?
Why do you just assume nobody else, like the OL, can possibly step up ("the DL will break through our OL"), and leave it all on Dak to overcome everyone else's B or C or D game?

starfan1

Reaction score
Steele, Tyron, and MP need to play well for Dallas to win in my opinion.
That’s where I’m at as well. I think everyone needs to step up but Tyron and Steele and maybe Tyler as well.

If they get beat on edges and Dak has to step up in pocket and if Tyler is getting pushed back it will be hard in Daks accuracy

plymkr

Reaction score
Nobody else needs to bring their A game?

Maybe if the OL brings their A game, Dak can have more time to throw?
Maybe if the RBs (and OL) bring their A game, we can get in short down-and-distance situations that make things easier for the offense, and we can loosen up the coverage downfield?
Maybe if the WRs and TEs bring their A game, they can get open quickly and catch balls thrown their way even if they're slightly off target?
Why do you just assume nobody else, like the OL, can possibly step up ("the DL will break through our OL"), and leave it all on Dak to overcome everyone else's B or C or D game?
Obviously everyone has to bring their A game. Did you read my whole post? I stated that Dak can get the job done. Why does everyone get super defensive unless you’re propping up Dak.

Lay off the defensiveness and have a conversation.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously everyone has to bring their A game. Did you read my whole post? I stated that Dak can get the job done. Why does everyone get super defensive unless you’re propping up Dak.

Lay off the defensiveness and have a conversation.
I did read your whole post, and my point stands. I'm not being defensive at all, I'm pointing out that you're hyper-focused on one player "stepping up" and just assuming that the rest of the team is incapable of doing so. You say that "obviously everyone has to bring their A game," but in the post I was responding to you said, at great length, that only one player needed to bring their A game. In fact, that was your very first sentence.

plymkr

Reaction score
I did read your whole post, and my point stands. I'm not being defensive at all, I'm pointing out that you're hyper-focused on one player "stepping up" and just assuming that the rest of the team is incapable of doing so. You say that "obviously everyone has to bring their A game," but in the post I was responding to you said, at great length, that only one player needed to bring their A game. In fact, that was your very first sentence.
I can make the same exact post about every single comment on this thread. So you’re saying that Cooks, Lamb, and the offensive line has the step up but not Dak. Okay, so if Dak doesn’t bring his A game then who gets the ball to Cooks, Lamb, Ferguson, etc? Everyone has to step up to win against the Eagles. Unfortunately Dak does get more pressure due to his position. With the QB position there is more fixation.

Now if you go back and read my post I talk highly of Dak and his mental strengths and his skills and I also said I think he can carry the team.

But yes to your point everyone has to bring their A game to beat the Eagles. Every position and every player has to bring their A game. I agree with you on that.

Chasing6

Reaction score
In last years matchup in Philly, Cooper Rush utilized his TEs to great effect.
Ferguson/ TEs need to have 10 targets. Quick, accurate throws to move the ch
Ferguson/ TEs need to have 10 targets. Quick, accurate throws to move the chains.
Ferguson/ TEs need to have 10 targets. Quick, accurate throws to move the chains.
Ferguson needs to be a priority in the game plan and dare I say it would be nice to have a Schoonmaker sitting.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watch the ducks to Brown. Hurts is throwing the ball into the air and turning his back like Curry shooting threes.

Hadenough

Reaction score

I think it's a big mistake not to feed Lamb. He is a playmaker and like a lot of other teams #1 WRs you have to scheme to get him open. I would not trust Gallup with all his drops.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jalen Tolbert played more snaps than Gallup vs the Rams.
Who got more snaps on passing downs?

When I noticed Tolbert's run blocking, it looked good. I don't remember talk of Gallup ever really being an asset in run blocking. And Cooks is struggling to be any kind of asset.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

The no brainer play against Cowboy WRs is to double Lamb with your best CBs and make Gallup and Cooks beat you.

Cooks' numbers are really bad. Per target has been miserable the last 4 games. Going in the wrong direction.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys have to slow down that Phily pass rush by running the ball and moving Dak out of the pocket.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
The o-line are the key players imo. Philly is vulnerable through the air but we have to protect Dak to take advantage. I’d come out running screens, draws and utilize the quick pass game to slow down the pass rush and then exploit them down the field.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm just going to go ahead and point out the gorilla in the room. I don't see anyone saying Pollard is our key to victory. While it's true a great running game would be amazing to have in this game, we all know that's not going to happen with Pollard as our RB1. That has to be addressed in the offseason. I don't have an answer for immediately fixing this obvious chink in our offensive armor. So where can this team find an advantage? It's obviously Dak being mobile and not thinking he has to throw the ball to move the chains. He's a good runner with the ball so that should be an option he considers more often.

As for the passing attack, Ceedee has been our guy. We should expect more of that but if the enemy takes that option away, Cooks and Gallup have to show up in this game. Please, no more disappointing performances from these two. Dak needs these guys so badly to be open.

For whatever reason, we don't seem to have the TE weaponry we had last season but Fergie may have started something with that TD reception he made last week. I would love it if Dak could make that connection more in this battle with the Philthy iggles.