Two more Dak thoughts

coult44

Reaction score
1) What if he went to Jerry tomorrow and said “get it done now, or I’m holding out starting today.” Season over. I know some of you would be fine with that. But the majority of the fans wouldn’t be. Especially not the casuals.

Honestly, he has way more to lose by playing. The Earl Thomas injury comes to my mind immediately. If he got hurt bad again, it would be a 200 million injury.

2) Is there any way Dak and big Mike are tied together. Daks best year ever came from his first year of running McCarthys offense. I could see Dak wanting to go wherever he is. Since Jerry hasn’t extended Mike, Dak could be upset about that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
1) What if he went to Jerry tomorrow and said “get it done now, or I’m holding out starting today.” Season over. I know some of you would be fine with that. But the majority of the fans wouldn’t be. Especially not the casuals.

Honestly, he has way more to lose by playing. The Earl Thomas injury comes to my mind immediately. If he got hurt bad again, it would be a 200 million injury.

2) Is there any way Dak and big Mike are tied together. Daks best year ever came from his first year of running McCarthys offense. I could see Dak wanting to go wherever he is. Since Jerry hasn’t extended Mike, Dak could be upset about that.
1. I don’t think Dak would ever do it. But if he did I’d imagine Jerry would sign him to what he wanted.

2. I don’t think Dak and Mike are linked. If this thing goes well….maybe. But if it goes bad this will be Mikes last nfl job IMo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think it's a matter of 2 choices Dak have
*accept Jerry's current/max offer on the table of maybe $55-56M
* roll the dice knowing a strong postseason would get him $60+
Remember he has consistently said he's not afraid to bet on himself
Yeah I think floor is 50 million….so yeah it’s really minimal risk if you are confident in your skill. For quarterbacks anyway.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last time he bet on himself he was 1-4 and then broke his ankle and got a "Pity" contract from Jerry who at the press conference admitted he overpaid!
The dude is Road Kill with our schedule coming up the first 10 weeks.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Typical Cowboys fans nonsense. Dak is fine. He does not need Jerry Jones and Jerry knows it. He plays out his contract and then it’s a bidding war. So what? He won’t get everting he wants, who does, but he’ll get a lot. What bothers Cowboys fans is Dak isn’t one.

Chasing6

Reaction score

I am not sold Dak wants to remain in Dallas. I believe he wants to test Free Agency.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with a strong post season. Their will be a bidding war for Dak next off season if he is not signed.

Dak will get a bigger offer from a team other than the Cowboys. Question becomes does Dak want to play for said team.

If Dak is going to play for a new Head Coach, should he pick the one he wants to play for or gamble and see what GM Jethro comes up with?

HomeBiscuit

Reaction score
Most casual fans would side with a man that turns down 55mil a year to play a game you say? Dak fans need to get out more cause every casual fan would say that’s ridiculous. Which is an extremely favorable opinion of Dak than they would’ve had if you told them that Mahomes took less money. A name that every casual fan would recognize, although it is in Dak’s favor that their limited recognition wouldn’t include things like Mahomes won more super bowls than Dak has playoff games. Same as casual Dak fanboys wouldn’t recognize that he achieved more as a quarterback of Mississippi State than he has with the Cowboys. Back when he cared more about winning instead of money, as was still evident his rookie year with the cowboys

Chasing6

Reaction score
Most casual fans would side with a man that turns down 55mil a year to play a game you say? Dak fans need to get out more cause every casual fan would say that’s ridiculous. Which is an extremely favorable opinion of Dak than they would’ve had if you told them that Mahomes took less money. A name that every casual fan would recognize, although it is in Dak’s favor that their limited recognition wouldn’t include things like Mahomes won more super bowls than Dak has playoff games. Same as casual Dak fanboys wouldn’t recognize that he achieved more as a quarterback of Mississippi State than he has with the Cowboys. Back when he cared more about winning instead of money, as was still evident his rookie year with the cowboys
It is a team sport. Figure it out. This is individuals tennis.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The last time he bet on himself he was 1-4 and then broke his ankle and got a "Pity" contract from Jerry who at the press conference admitted he overpaid!
The dude is Road Kill with our schedule coming up the first 10 weeks.

If Dak “ held out “ wouldn’t that cost him a tremendous amount of $$ in a long hold out . Plus the look is horrible he has a year left on his deal doesn’t that mean anything . I don’t know what his direct deposit is every two weeks currently but he won’t want to go without that semi monthly bounty ….

RonWashington

Reaction score
My hope is both Prescott and MM play out 24 in current last yrs of deals and Dallas starts fresh in 25 in the coaching & QB dept . This current set up can’t get past SF , sorry .

HomeBiscuit

Reaction score
Believe it or not but “It’s a team sport” doesn’t mean a larger team like 60 millions will be good enough to win cause a team of 45 millions even when combined with a team of 45 homies to go clubbing with didn’t translate to the “sport” part of that phrase. He sees Jerry winning using this same strategy of accumulating millions so you can’t fault him, but Jerry is playing a different game. Maybe Dak is too now since he kept losing at team sport.
It is a team sport. Figure it out. This is individuals tennis.

Jipper

Reaction score
If dak held out and Jerry didn't cave I believe he would be in the same predicament next season bc he would still have his contractual obligation...can't just sit out and run the clock out, sure he can hurt the team by sitting out but he's hurting himself too

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
He can claim that, but his actions betray him as a liar. Especially that crap about getting paid all time NFL money, not for winning anything of note, but for the "brotherhood".

Not afraid to bet on himself... yeah, right.